So because I am always re-evaluating how I look at things, I will provide my own self analysis of what I got wrong and what I think I got right about last night's election

There was definitely a Kavanaugh effect in the Senate. So far every democrat that voted against Kavanaugh went down in flames. The only one to survive so far is Manchin and he voted to confirm. Jury still out on Tester. So I got that right

I also was right about this not being a BIG BLUE WAVE or TSUNAMI. Those on the left who now claim that nobody ever predicted it are not being honest.

This is what I got wrong. I mistakenly believed that the anger about Kavanaugh would extend outside of the Senate races and would bleed over into other House races. I thought that voters would punish democrats in general for the actions of Senate democrats. It was the only reason I thought the GOP had a chance of holding the House despite all of their headwinds heading into election day.

This election reminded me once again that voters have an amazing ability to compartmentalize. It is fascinating to watch.