Members banned from this thread: zappasguitar, Legion and Nordberg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats Ponder the Unthinkable: What If They Lose?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The calls for secession will mount. ALL the intelligent college educated pluralists cannot tolerate being ruled by the fascists uneducated idiots.

There will be NO check or balance whatsoever for the foreseeable future. House Senate Scotus and Potus all Republican.

These are dark fascist times people. We are on the brink. So much for funding for the arts, so much for scientific grants for anything
    Trump doesn't like. So much for rights of minorities. I'd hate to be gay, or black or hispanic or Muslim in the new American fascist world.

I'll just have to assume my white identity and lay low hoping there really is a deep state to become heroes for justice, decency, the press and the Constitution.

Otherwise what stand between these people and ghettos, forced labor, walls, trains, poison gassing of undesirables? They will control everything.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Frank Apisa (11-05-2018), iolo (11-05-2018), mak2 (11-05-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    If the Democrats do not take the House...

...our Republic is a thing of the past.

The classlessness...the demagoguery of Donald Trump MUST BE repudiated by the electorate.

If the infection that is Donald Trump has spread so far that this repudiation is not clearly and unambiguously displayed in tomorrow's election...we have failed as a people.

We can only hope that enough of us have not been infected by this hideous disease.

We shall see.

As of today...I am not sure how things will go.
    If your black BOY didn't cause it, although he tried real hard at it, nothing will. Isn't it interesting that a white MAN had to fix what your black BOY fucked up?

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    The calls for secession will mount. ALL the intelligent college educated pluralists cannot tolerate being ruled by the fascists uneducated idiots.

There will be NO check or balance whatsoever for the foreseeable future. House Senate Scotus and Potus all Republican.

These are dark fascist times people. We are on the brink. So much for funding for the arts, so much for scientific grants for anything
    Trump doesn't like. So much for rights of minorities. I'd hate to be gay, or black or hispanic or Muslim in the new American fascist world.

I'll just have to assume my white identity and lay low hoping there really is a deep state to become heroes for justice, decency, the press and the Constitution.

Otherwise what stand between these people and ghettos, forced labor, walls, trains, poison gassing of undesirables? They will control everything.
    So you think Trump supporters are a bunch of high school dropouts?

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

I suspect they will come for the "white identity males" who do not march in lock step with the FIRST...and then go after those others.

Nobody was truly safe in Hitler's Germany...in Stalin's USSR...in Idi Amin's Uganda.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I suspect they will come for the "white identity males" who do not march in lock step with the FIRST...and then go after those others.

Nobody was truly safe in Hitler's Germany...in Stalin's USSR...in Idi Amin's Uganda.
    You forgot Mao and Pol Pot.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Democrats are just too freaking uptight. Even if they ran a person whose platform aligned with my thinking 100%, I still would be inclined to not vote for them because the party is such a huge stick in the mud, turd in the punchbowl, hitch in the gittyup. They need to learn to chill out and not be so OCD about everything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-05-2018)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Democrats are just too freaking uptight. Even if they ran a person whose platform aligned with my thinking 100%, I still would be inclined to not vote for them because the party is such a huge stick in the mud, turd in the punchbowl, hitch in the gittyup. They need to learn to chill out and not be so OCD about everything.
    Gas-ovens and such, I suppose. Great laugh!

10. The Following User Groans At iolo For This Awful Post:

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good catch. I shoulda been more clear.

By "all bets are off"...I mean that "all bets that the Republic survives our generation's custody of it...are off."

Previously I would have thought that "the Republic survives our generation's custody of it"...was a huge odds-on favorite...a prohibitive favorite.

If the Republicans retain control of the House, however, the odds become a "pick 'em"...and probably favor a "the Republic goes out of business."

The punters expression for that is, "all bets are off."
    By what mechanism. They control everything. Secession? Brain drain? No impeachment will be possible and no check will be had on
    their Christian antiscience and anti- Muslim anti-immigrant, anti-black, anti gay, anti women's choice fundamentalism. Buoyed by the power of a great economy handed to them that is unabated
    we will sit in PRECISELY the same circumstance as did post WWI Germany after Hitler gained control and began wars of conquest.

The only difference is that circumstance were horrible for German working class Christians whereas here the white country bumpkins only felt things were
    a little off from themselves, the soft cushy cows we let graze in our prairies, while we totally support them with our tech and industry.

We are living in a country where most of the people are totally unrepresented in any branch of federal government.
    Now you are telling me that with full knowledge a man in the crows nest can see no land over the horizon.

It is hopeless. The gerrymandering and propaganda of a virulent cult has take over the country.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Democrats could definitely fail to take the House.

It’s not something I would bank on but it’s a distinct possibility. Whatever the polls are saying the numbers are likely inflated on the democrats side. So it’s a distinct possibility.

And it’s a must win for them. If democrats fail to take the House it will be a decade since the party has won a national election. And if that doesn’t force them to recalibrate—Nothing will.
    OOPSY!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/polit...age/index.html

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    My Lord, you're too good to be true.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In California our state of shock and fear is unbelievable. We are not laughing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

iolo (11-05-2018)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

In California our state of shock and fear is unbelievable. We are not laughing.
    Well, it’s is California lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

If the democrats do not regain the House there will be a blood letting in the party

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't put the chances of the human race surviving two hundred years from now at more than 10% as it is. If the Democrats don't win the House tomorrow I'd be only half as optimistic.
    That would solve the global warming problem.
    So you're saying vote republican to end AGW?

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

If the dems lose hate will have won.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Frank Apisa (11-05-2018)