Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre Existing conditions

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    If you are genuinely concerned about people "cheating" the system, then the simple solution is to implement single-payer, universal healthcare on a Scandinavian or French model, thus ensuring that virtually everybody is contributing taxes and fees to support the system from the outset. From the get-go.

Otherwise, you are welcome to tell your GOP candidates to campaign vigorously against pre-existing conditions requirements.

In the less-than-ideal system we have now, civilized people think that anyone who gets cancer deserves to have healthcare that is within reach economically, does not bankrupt their family, and does not make the cost so prohibitively expensive they have to choose between their health and paying their bills.
    That's fine I support a public and private system. But my question was why should prvt HC Ins companies have to cover pre-existing?
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Yes that is exactly what I said...
    lol you've been the entire day talking this shit..........you're fired Boris!

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    your drug use means you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Sorry you are mistaking me for one of your braindead snowflakes. I don't use drugs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-05-2018)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Trumpkin View Post
    Sorry you are mistaking me for one of your braindead snowflakes. I don't use drugs.
    Some people are confused on this, but they shouldn't be. It's the liberal pot smokers wanting drugs to be legalized. Why on earth would libs accuse conservatives of doing drugs when it's the pot smokers within the Democrat party wanting to get stoned at every opportunity?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hvilleherb For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-05-2018)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Low cost insurance= lousy coverage.
    So what? Why shouldn't young healthy people be able to decide that they don't need a Cadillac health care plan and that they would be better off with a cheaper, lower quality plan? You liberals are basically motivated by two things.

1) You think average people are too stupid to make their own choices.
    2) You want to get your hands on everone else's money to fund all of your "utopian" dreams, whether we the people agree with you or not.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

Irish (11-06-2018), Life is Golden (11-04-2018), Truth Detector (11-05-2018)

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Pretty much 100% of ads my dems have mentioned their support for pre-existing medical insurance coverage.

But let's break it down. If you don't have insurance, and you get sick, let's say diabetes. Then you decide you don't want to pay for all the costs so you go get insurance. Since they must cover pre existing, they will cover all the costs.

But is that fair? The person has not been paying into the pool that would cover for this. So now it goes onto the backs of other insurance members. Which probably explains the ultra high increases in everyone's premiums.

You can't get in a car accent, then go and buy insurance, and get covered for a new car. SO why can you with HC?
    Yours is the problematic scenario. I personally think that there needs to be so nuance around it as best as we can. Someone I have known my entire life is basically terminal and karma is kicking his ass. Worked under the table and got government benefits for his kids, etc. He will now be dead in six months. Can't get disability because he never paid in. Can't get medicaid because he has no under-age children. Bounces from house to house because his wife divorced him after repeated affairs and he has nobody. I will probably end up paying to cremate him when the time comes but I am not supporting him or anything else until then. I don't even like him to be quite frank.

Anyway, people like that get what they get, but I see no reason we cannot insure or guarantee insurance for people with conditions who cannot carry their existing policy over to a new employer or into no employment/self-employment when they have a meaningful history of actual insurance. One example might be a wife on husband's policy who gets breast cancer and then divorced who cannot stay on her husband's employer plan. Another might be someone who developed juvenile diabetes who ages off their parents' polices. I know a woman now whose son is in law school. She says he won't have any choice but to work for the government because without the student loan write-downs there is no way he would ever be able to afford insurance off their policy because he has had so man surgeries and issues with his bowels. Some weird disease/condition not Crohns but something similar whose drugs run over a grand a month.

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    So what? Why shouldn't young healthy people be able to decide that they don't need a Cadillac health care plan and that they would be better off with a cheaper, lower quality plan? You liberals are basically motivated by two things.

2) You want to get your hands on everone else's money to fund all of your "utopian" dreams, whether we the people agree with you or not.
    Exactly.

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

I doubt if insurers will cover you under those conditions
    Get a good job with a good company and you'll be covered.

Obamacare needs to be gone. It shouldn't last too much longer.

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,815 Times in 17,253 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,594 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post

Young people get in more car accidents and injuries from sports and acting up. They also get sick. We should have universal healthcare. All that sweating about who should have what coverage misses the point. People should not have to worry about healthcare. It is enough to face a terrible injury or illness and not have to sweat out the family getting thrown in the street too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

mak2 (11-05-2018)

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Pretty much 100% of ads my dems have mentioned their support for pre-existing medical insurance coverage.

But let's break it down. If you don't have insurance, and you get sick, let's say diabetes. Then you decide you don't want to pay for all the costs so you go get insurance. Since they must cover pre existing, they will cover all the costs.

But is that fair? The person has not been paying into the pool that would cover for this. So now it goes onto the backs of other insurance members. Which probably explains the ultra high increases in everyone's premiums.

You can't get in a car accent, then go and buy insurance, and get covered for a new car. SO why can you with HC?
    I don't think we should be using insurance companies as the primary means of funding health care delivery but as long as we stick with this system I think the doctors should be paying the premiums not the patients. This is an extremely inefficient system.

15. #86 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,606 Times in 17,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProggyStyle View Post
    I don't think we should be using insurance companies as the primary means of funding health care delivery but as long as we stick with this system I think the doctors should be paying the premiums not the patients. This is an extremely inefficient system.
    Too much of the money is wasted on administrators in the health care industry. I'd prefer my Dr. making the decisions on my care rather than some overpaid idiot at an insurance co.
    The same problem exists in hospitals. My GF is an administrative assistant and makes good money, but her "boss" is a nitwit who pushes her responsibilities on the GF because she doesn't
    even know how to do simple food orders (which is part of her boss's job) when the GF is on vacation, yet makes 2 1/2 times what the GF does. The GF says when her "boss" is on vacation,
    no one else even notices it.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Too much of the money is wasted on administrators in the health care industry. I'd prefer my Dr. making the decisions on my care rather than some overpaid idiot at an insurance co.
    The same problem exists in hospitals. My GF is an administrative assistant and makes good money, but her "boss" is a nitwit who pushes her responsibilities on the GF because she doesn't
    even know how to do simple food orders (which is part of her boss's job) when the GF is on vacation, yet makes 2 1/2 times what the GF does. The GF says when her "boss" is on vacation,
    no one else even notices it.
    I've been in and out of the hospital over the last three years and there's a lot of waste there but my biggest problem with the current system is the fee schedules setting an artificially high floor.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

mak2 (11-05-2018)

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only because you have failed to eliminate Obamacare. Now with the new republican bills, policies can cover pre existing conditions, but insurers can charge whatever they want for this benefit.
    Sorry dumb ass but I have nothing to do with Obamacare.

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Sorry dumb ass but I have nothing to do with Obamacare.
    Do you not totally support the elimination of Obamacare (ACA)?

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you not totally support the elimination of Obamacare (ACA)?
    I don't know if he does but I do.