Thread: Trump Is Using Ivanka As A Prop To Whitewash Anti-Semitism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,844 Times in 14,184 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Is Using Ivanka As A Prop To Whitewash Anti-Semitism

Something you hear a lot from the right when you bring up the President’s penchant for inflammatory language that ignites neo-Nazis is that the president can’t possibly be anti-Semitic because he has a Jewish daughter. It’s a line we have heard uttered by almost every member of the Trump administration at one time or another, as well as from his supporters — including his Jewish supporters — when uncomfortable things come up, like him saying there were “fine people” among the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, or his white nationalist friend Steve Bannon, or the fact that David Duke sees in him a friend and co-conspirator in the fight for a whiter America.

That’s when they inevitably jump in with the line: “But how could he be anti-Semitic? He has a Jewish daughter!”
    (and that is what we heard from huckleberry sanders at her news conference)

After all, Ivanka Trump is widely understood to be the President’s favorite daughter, and he let her marry a Jew — Jared Kushner — and convert to Judaism, ergo he must not be an anti-Semite, or so the logic goes.

It has got to be the biggest logical fallacy of all time.

https://forward.com/opinion/413175/t...anti-semitism/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

guano is propped by hamhocks.......

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Something you hear a lot from the right when you bring up the President’s penchant for inflammatory language that ignites neo-Nazis is that the president can’t possibly be anti-Semitic because he has a Jewish daughter. It’s a line we have heard uttered by almost every member of the Trump administration at one time or another, as well as from his supporters — including his Jewish supporters — when uncomfortable things come up, like him saying there were “fine people” among the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, or his white nationalist friend Steve Bannon, or the fact that David Duke sees in him a friend and co-conspirator in the fight for a whiter America.

That’s when they inevitably jump in with the line: “But how could he be anti-Semitic? He has a Jewish daughter!”
    (and that is what we heard from huckleberry sanders at her news conference)

After all, Ivanka Trump is widely understood to be the President’s favorite daughter, and he let her marry a Jew — Jared Kushner — and convert to Judaism, ergo he must not be an anti-Semite, or so the logic goes.

It has got to be the biggest logical fallacy of all time.

https://forward.com/opinion/413175/t...anti-semitism/
    It's a variation of "I have a black friend!"
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-30-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    guano is propped by hamhocks.......
    typical rightwing low grade goy
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Exactly

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

LV426 (10-30-2018)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You a Jeremy Corbain fan guno?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I'm not really sure- No one is really sure where Donald Trump is on a two-state solution in the Israel/Palestine conflict.

I know that Jared is seeking a two-state solution. And I know that most Americans- including Jewish Americans and Palestinian Americans want a two-state solution for the Middle East, and so do most people around the world except Iran and Syria.

But, America's Israeli/Palestine policy is lying on the White House cutting room floor currently due to Donald Trump's priorities to corrupt our government and to isolate us from the rest of the world.

So, I'm not so sure that using Jared and Ivanka as props means anything to anyone really.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guano says it is the biggest logical fallacy of all time. I mock him and his genocidal, Jewish supremacist ways.

Left to their own devices, Jews will fight amongst themselves, just like any identitarian group.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Just because one voted for Obama does not fill that requirement. Just saying.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I'm not really sure- No one is really sure where Donald Trump is on a two-state solution in the Israel/Palestine conflict.

I know that Jared is seeking a two-state solution. And I know that most Americans- including Jewish Americans and Palestinian Americans want a two-state solution for the Middle East, and so do most people around the world except Iran and Syria.

But, America's Israeli/Palestine policy is lying on the White House cutting room floor currently due to Donald Trump's priorities to corrupt our government and to isolate us from the rest of the world.

So, I'm not so sure that using Jared and Ivanka as props means anything to anyone really.
    Its much too late for a 2 state solution... Israel has taken over the West Bank and now East Jerusalem and the old Arab Quarter.