Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1436

Thread: HUGE!! Trump to end birthright citizenship!!!

1. #1126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Wow !! What a douche bag you are !!!

Good job Yank Apenis !!
    Bite me!

2. #1127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Bite me!
    Maybe one of those illegals you want to be here will Kate Steinle or Mollie Tibbetts your family member.

3. #1128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Regarding the alternative method of proposal, Congress is required to call the convention if 2/3 of the State legislatures apply

It reads, " . . or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments . . "

Do you know what the key word is in that portion of Article V indicating Congress is a rubber stamp with this method?
    It does not say "required" it says "shall." That might sound like a requirement to us but not based on previous Supreme Court cases that say
    it is not a requirement.

Two examples are from Article IV that says states "shall" grant full faith and credit to other states and that governors "shall" extradite fugitives. But there have been cases in which these have not been honored and they have been upheld by the Supreme Court.

4. #1129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CertifiedFuckingMoron View Post
    Maybe one of those illegals you want to be here will Kate Steinle or Mollie Tibbetts your family member.
    Those "illegals" have always and only been here at the behest of and upon the think tank legislative efforts of your Wall Street/donor/"job creator" class cornpone, don't get it twisted.

5. #1130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It does not say "required" it says "shall." That might sound like a requirement to us but not based on previous Supreme Court cases that say
    it is not a requirement.

Two examples are from Article IV that says states "shall" grant full faith and credit to other states and that governors "shall" extradite fugitives. But there have been cases in which these have not been honored and they have been upheld by the Supreme Court.
    By definition, in the sense of laws, it means mandatory. A synonym of mandatory is required. Provide the name of a case where 2/3 of the states had requested a Constitutional convention and the Court said no. An Article IV case isn't the same thing although you didn't name a case from it either only claimed it.

6. #1131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Drinks CFM's Cum View Post
    Those "illegals" have always and only been here at the behest of and upon the think tank legislative efforts of your Wall Street/donor/"job creator" class cornpone, don't get it twisted.
    They're here to get the handouts and so the little shits they birth can have citizenship. Don't get it twisted.

Doesn't really matter. You want them here so you deserve it if one of them does such a thing.

7. #1132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By definition, in the sense of laws, it means mandatory. A synonym of mandatory is required. Provide the name of a case where 2/3 of the states had requested a Constitutional convention and the Court said no. An Article IV case isn't the same thing although you didn't name a case from it either only claimed it.
    I don't think there is a case involving a requested constitutional convention and I doubt Congress would refuse to call one unless they strongly opposed the purpose for which the convention was being requested. But my point was that the term "shall" does not mean required based on Supreme Court decisions. I don't understand why you think "shall" would differ based on whether it is the 4th or 5th article.

One of the full faith and credit cases dealt with Reno's quickie divorces. A couple married to other people went to Reno and got divorced. They returned to their home state and married each other and were charged with bigamy because their state did not recognize the Nevada divorce.
    One of the extradition cases involves country singer Ferlin Husky. I'm sure you can easily find the names of these cases if interested.

8. #1133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't think there is a case involving a requested constitutional convention and I doubt Congress would refuse to call one unless they strongly opposed the purpose for which the convention was being requested. But my point was that the term "shall" does not mean required based on Supreme Court decisions. I don't understand why you think "shall" would differ based on whether it is the 4th or 5th article.

One of the full faith and credit cases dealt with Reno's quickie divorces. A couple married to other people went to Reno and got divorced. They returned to their home state and married each other and were charged with bigamy because their state did not recognize the Nevada divorce.
    One of the extradition cases involves country singer Ferlin Husky. I'm sure you can easily find the names of these cases if interested.
    The term shall may not have meant something in the Article IV cases but that doesn't equate to it meaning required in an Article V case. Perhaps the Court looked at the Article IV cases that way because divorce involves something that they deemed is a State issued based on the 10th amendment in comparison to the level of government with authority based on Article I, Section 8. To say that the same thing would apply in a issue that is clearly a federal issue would be determined the same is a pure guess.

9. #1134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The term shall may not have meant something in the Article IV cases but that doesn't equate to it meaning required in an Article V case. Perhaps the Court looked at the Article IV cases that way because divorce involves something that they deemed is a State issued based on the 10th amendment in comparison to the level of government with authority based on Article I, Section 8. To say that the same thing would apply in a issue that is clearly a federal issue would be determined the same is a pure guess.
    Yeah, you never know what the Supreme Court is going to do. I think there was a later case involving full faith and credit or extradition that the Court said the states were bound to follow.

10. #1135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, you never know what the Supreme Court is going to do. I think there was a later case involving full faith and credit or extradition that the Court said the states were bound to follow.
    You seem to think you know.

When you can provide a case related to Article V, let me know. Until then, shall means required no matter how much you refuse to believe it.

11. #1136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You seem to think you know.

When you can provide a case related to Article V, let me know. Until then, shall means required no matter how much you refuse to believe it.
    I never said there was a case involving Article V. I only referred to Article IV cases involving full faith-and-credit and extradition and the term "shall." I don't pretend to believe anything--I am just citing constitutional law.

12. #1137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

CFM is a fucking idiot:

“We call "must" and "must not" words of obligation. "Must" is the only word that imposes a legal obligation on your readers to tell them something is mandatory. Also, "must not" are the only words you can use to say something is prohibited. Who says so and why?

Nearly every jurisdiction has held that the word "shall" is confusing because it can also mean "may, will or must." Legal reference books like the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure no longer use the word "shall." Even the Supreme Court ruled that when the word "shall" appears in statutes, it means "may."

13. #1138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like it was just an election ploy, like the caravan... no executive order will be issued.

You fools got duped another time, when will you learn?

14. #1139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    This is long overdue. The word "jurisdiction" in the 14th amendment obviously means POLITICAL jurisdiction not legal jurisdiction. And kids born to illegals inherit the nationality of the mother and are under the political jurisdiction of her country.
    It's about fucking time.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

15. #1140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    It's about fucking time.
    It ain’t gonna happen, pally boy. TDAK is pulling bullshit out of his racist ass.