Members banned from this thread: RockX

Thread: The Hot Tub Business

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default The Hot Tub Business

Here's a little anecdote for you all that describes some of the situations we run into on the road, selling tubs at carnivals.

The Characters:

Jerry - 48 years old, spa salesman in my booth, ultra stoner, paranoid. Jerry thinks every customer is one that he's talked to before. He goes out into the parking lot at least 5 times a day to smoke pot, he writes a lot of deals, but pisses a lot of people off.

Tom - 38 years old, twice divorced, gravelly voiced, piss and vinegar redheaded Irishman from Chicago with an ego the size of Jupiter. Fat as hell, bloodshot eyes, and never, ever, EVER runs out of things to say.

The Drama:
    Last Tuesday night, all of us sales guys and a waiter from the restaurant were in Tom's room playing cards. Tom and Jerry (I know, the cartoon, but these are their real names) are getting into a lot of pots. Egos are flaring and in the end Jerry beats everyone, takes their money and is feeling pretty good. So as we all depart Tom goes out the the stairs outside the hotel to smoke, and Jerry joins him to smoke pot.

While outside, Tom, sounding like a fat bastard that needs a cough drop, says to Jerry, "I'll bet you a thousand dollars that I sell more spas than you". If I were Jerry, I would have said, "good for you, what do I care how well you do? Best of luck". But I'm not Jerry. Jerry says "No sweat, I'll make more than that taking your money at the poker table". Tom then insults Jerry's ability to sell, and bumps him chest to chest. Next second they're at eachothers throats, and Tom grabs a coffee mug off the bannister and broadsides Jerry with it, Jerry falls down the stairs, splitting his face open and bleeding like a stuck pig.

Jerry ends up in the Hospital with 15 stiches in his face, a broken finger, bruised up and unable to work. Tom and Jerry both get sent home, so now we have two fewer sales guys, and the rest of us are all making more money. Funny how things work out.

Anyhow, greetings from the bizarre land of hot tubs. I'll see you all in a bit.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL. Thanks for the update! I hope you haven't had a Carnie Party again so soon!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Salesmen......
    sorry but have worked too much tech side of business. "The salesman said it would do what!!???
    Sorry nope never did or will, you will have to talk to him about that. Any other problems I can help you with ?"
    Last edited by uscitizen; 09-20-2006 at 12:10 AM.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

This thread gets an 8.5 for drama.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I thought it was more like a reality show

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    This thread gets an 8.5 for drama.
    its kinda like a lifetime movie isn't it??

why do you hang around w/ people like that?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because they work at the same place... Do you hang around the people with which you work?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robdastud View Post

Yeah. stories with fights automatically get a boost. It would have been a little more interesting if there was some sort of love triangle element to it. That's where it lost points.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by robdastud View Post

Ahh one of the joys of working remote

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds like Tom needs to be thrown in jail. I bet he beat his wives and thats why they divorced him. Sounds exactly like a guy I knew (who I will never speak too again).