Members banned from this thread: evince

Thread: Why aren't DEMOCRATS clogging up the Internet with fake concern over this?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Question Why aren't DEMOCRATS clogging up the Internet with fake concern over this?

DEMOCRATS CAN'T BLAME TRUMP FOR HIS DISAPPEARANCE, SO THEY'LL STICK TO KHASHOGGI

The Interpol president who vanished in China last month is likely dead under Beijing’s watch, his wife has said.

Meng Hongwei, a Chinese national who previously worked in the country’s security services, disappeared after traveling to his native country on September 29.

His wife Grace, with whom he lives in France, said she had not heard from her husband since then. And she’s not hopeful about his fate.

She told the BBC on Friday: “I think it is political persecution. I’m not sure he’s alive. They are cruel. They are dirty,” she added, referring to Chinese tactics to silence people.

Beijing confirmed on October 7 – after a week of silence – that Meng had been detained and was being investigated over bribery allegations.

Details of Meng’s alleged violations are not clear, but his detention appears to be part of a wider “anti-corruption drive” carried out by President Xi Jinping since his ascendancy to the Chinese leadership.

On the same day China confirmed that it had Meng, Interpol said it received and accepted Meng’s resignation “with immediate effect,” without giving further details.

Grace Meng previously denied the bribery allegations, and said that her husband was detained by Chinese authorities because of “political persecution.”

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/interpol-chief-meng-hongwei-feared-dead-wife-target-2018-10?r=US&IR=T

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well for one, this place is pretty stagnant. Mostly just mass conversations from bots, and trolls. As for me, there's too much shit to deal with around here. I don't even pay attention to much stuff happening in foreign countries.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

kudzu (10-20-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Well for one, this place is pretty stagnant. Mostly just mass conversations from bots, and trolls. As for me, there's too much shit to deal with around here. I don't even pay attention to much stuff happening in foreign countries.
    Ignorance is bliss

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Maybe the leftist media overlords haven't found a way to target Trump regarding Meng Hongwei's disappearance.

That must be it.