Members banned from this thread: evince, Truth Detector, CFM, Lightbringer and reagansghost

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Next President Nikki Haley

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Not Haley.

We don't need another politician with hormone problems. Surely we can find someone else. Pence is the logical choice.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    You do realized she dissed Trump in that statement?

She'll be a contender in 2014, probably a strong one given the toxic political atmosphere of today, which will only get worse in 2020.

Personally, being a Democrat, I'd have to see more, she was pretty quick to defend Trump's "patriotism" foreign policy, what ever the hell that is, and being elected to State wide office in South Carolina would require more before I'd offer an opinion
    She still backs Trump.

Nikki Haley jokes at fundraising dinner: 'You wanted an Indian woman, but Elizabeth Warren failed her DNA test'.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-20-2018), dukkha (10-19-2018)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here are 10 key lines from Haley's speech:
    1. "A couple of weeks ago I had this great breakfast with Cardinal Dolan, and I asked him if there was anything I could do to really boost attendance. ... He said, 'Why don't you resign as UN ambassador?' You didn't tell me you were kidding!"
    2. "Jeff Flake was going to be here, but he wanted to give the FBI a week to look into it."
    3. "With all of our differences, there is still one thing that unites all 193 [UN member] countries. At one point, every single one of them was paying Paul Manafort."
    4. "People always wonder if I felt different or isolated as an Indian-American growing up in rural South Carolina. Actually, there was a benefit. It totally prepared me for being a Republican in New York."
    5. "I am still someone who gets very excited about Halloween, but in this toxic environment, even this causes political arguments. Bernie Sanders wants free candy for everyone. Mitch McConnell calls it a typical Democrat giveaway program. The President says its going to be the best Halloween ever -- nothing like it ever before, huge!"
    6. "As a member of the UN delegation, I do have diplomatic immunity ... an exemption from prosecution, or as Mayor de Blasio calls it, a sanctuary city! Oh look, I got the mayor a drink up on stage -- no ice!"
    7. "People ask me all the time what they should call me -- governor, ambassador, Nikki. You can call me anything, just don't call me anonymous."
    8. "I saw Jeff Sessions earlier today -- not in New York. I saw him on LinkedIn looking for a job. Actually, we both were."
    9. "I saw when recently [President Barack Obama] said that we're not supposed to use the FBI or the Justice Department to punish political enemies. Comey, McCabe and Strzok said, now you tell us! Turns out what President Obama meant to say -- 'That's what we use the IRS for.'"
    10. "The President got really mad about Woodward's book, really mad. The book compared him to a fifth grader. A lot of Democrats seized on that, until they realized, they got beat by a fifth grader."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/polit...ner/index.html
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-20-2018), dukkha (10-19-2018)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    She still backs Trump.

Nikki Haley jokes at fundraising dinner: 'You wanted an Indian woman, but Elizabeth Warren failed her DNA test'.
    Whoops. Now anchovies will claim that you think Nikki Haley is a "Native American".

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Whoops. Now anchovies will claim that you think Nikki Haley is a "Native American".
    Yeah probably. Let the countdown begin! LOL
    pain in abortion.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    im not a racist so i dont really make the dot/feather distinction. Indian is Indian.
    Nothing to do with race. Sikhism is a religion. Indian (as regards the Asian subcontinent country) is a nationality. The "dot" is Hindu.

Many American Sikhs are pedes.

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    So just a quote from her gets you all warm and gooey on the inside?

Do you even know where she stands on issues? Do you care?

I guess it is just her "cult of personality" that gets you going?

I guess she would be viable in 2024. She won't run in 2020. She wouldn't have a chance and you would be butthurt all over again. Of course I would never support someone you support just on principles You have poor judgement and aren't a conservative so.............
    ILA, you don't vote for Republican's for President anyway so who I support won't matter to you.

Haley fails two of your biggest tests. Her parents were immigrants and she's a P.O.C. So no chance you would back her anyway.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I hope she runs. I was hoping she'd get the nomination in 2016. Imagine being able to tar liberals with the "sexist" brush.

Plus, she has real Indian ancestry, unlike someone else who wants to be POTUS.
    DNA proved warren has American Indian heritage. Haleys has a parent from India. You cannot tar the Dems. they have had a woman candidate and have many in congress and the Senate. We all know which party is the sexist party.

11. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-20-2018)

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Liberals will do everything their power to keep that from happening. Everything.
    Why do you think that? Check which party has the most women in the house and senate. It isn't close. Sorry leaning sexist, you are wrong. We would welcome a female republican as long as it isn't Palin the Alaskan squidbilly.

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    DNA proved warren has American Indian heritage. Haleys has a parent from India. You cannot tar the Dems. they have had a woman candidate and have many in congress and the Senate. We all know which party is the sexist party.
    Where's her other parent from Nordberg?

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Why do you think that? Check which party has the most women in the house and senate. It isn't close. Sorry leaning sexist, you are wrong. We would welcome a female republican as long as it isn't Palin the Alaskan squidbilly.
    You're calling LR sexist? Why don't you just leave the computer for a little bit Nordberg and sit and think about your ignorance for a minute

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-20-2018)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    DNA proved warren has American Indian heritage.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

prediction time......Trump will decide not to run in 2020, stating that he has accomplished what he set out to do......

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    ILA, you don't vote for Republican's for President anyway so who I support won't matter to you.

Haley fails two of your biggest tests. Her parents were immigrants and she's a P.O.C. So no chance you would back her anyway.
    I don’t for people just because they call themselves republicans. I vote for conservatives.

Trump has acted more conservatively policy wise than anyone since Reagan. That’s a fact.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I said after George W. Bush I would never "fall for" another politician. I haven't so far and I won't. But I do like Nikki Haley.

And I Love love love this quote from her:

"'In our toxic political environment, I've heard some people in both parties describe their opponents as enemies or evil. In America, our political opponents are not evil. In South Sudan, where rape is routinely used as a weapon of war - that is evil. In Syria, where the dictator uses chemical weapons to murder innocent children - that is evil. In North Korea, where American student Otto Warmbier was tortured to death - that was evil.

"'In the last two years, I've seen true evil. We have some serious political differences here at home. But our opponents are not evil. They're just our opponents.'"

https://www.sfgate.com/opinion/artic...p-13321039.php

That's leadership and it has been sorely missing.
    Sorry, the radical left is evil. There's just no way around that.
    Every life matters