Thread: Saudi’s don’t respect TRump

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’d venture to guess 99.9% of Muslim Brotherhood are critical of Trump lol. Imagine what the Wahhabis think of him.

Trump has all the right enemies—it’s one of the reasons I voted for him.
    Muslim Brotherhood has been outlawed in KSA for over 50 years.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Muslim Brotherhood has been outlawed in KSA for over 50 years.
    And with good reason—MB are Islamist.

Islamists advocate using democracy to vote themselves into power so they can install a theocracy. The Saudis want none of it. The Saudis have their warts, but they get points for recognizing that much. There are/were people high up in our government that flunked Islamist 101.

Your boy Clapper was one of them.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (10-20-2018), Stretch (10-20-2018)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Not really..

https://www.quora.com/Is-Iran-a-demo...l-system-works

As a religion, Islam contains democratic concepts such as shura, and Ijtihad, while Muslims tend to strongly favor democracy over any other system. (http://islamportal.net/article/i...)

In Islam, Democracy is accepted as a method of organizing society and respecting the majority vote as long as it doesn’t contradict basic human dignity and Islamic principles.

Islam believe that the majority is not necessarily always right, the majority can be determining and can accomplish its goals by accepting or not accepting them.

From Islam's point of view, a system can’t exist unless the people and the majority accept it.

Islam believes that people have the right to determine their future and enjoy their individual and social rights in an Islamic system. (http://www.islamportal.net/forum...)
    I said 'of sorts'. In Iran, the notion of democracy has to exist where it can in a dominant Islam, in the US in a dominant capitalism. In both cases, I'd not put great faith in the outcome's being very democratic.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

kudzu (10-20-2018)

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I said 'of sorts'. In Iran, the notion of democracy has to exist where it can in a dominant Islam, in the US in a dominant capitalism. In both cases, I'd not put great faith in the outcome's being very democratic.
    I was just reading about Algeria.. They have religious freedom written into their constitution and some 2000 Jews live in Algeria.

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

I was just reading about Algeria.. They have religious freedom written into their constitution and some 2000 Jews live in Algeria.
    For good or bad, Algeria was for a long time held to be part of France - one of the reasons there are so many French Muslims - and the French tended to get over the sick stuff back in the times of Dreyfus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

kudzu (10-20-2018)

9. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Islamists advocate using democracy to vote themselves into power so they can install a theocracy. The Saudis want none of it. The Saudis have their warts, but they get points for recognizing that much. There are/were people high up in our government that flunked Islamist 101.

Clapper?

10. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A bit of background on the MB.

Following the end of World War I and the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the Caliphate, a symbolic system of government representative of Islamic power and unity, was abolished. Additional Western beliefs and traditions began to enter Egypt as the Islamic world modernized.

In March of 1928 Al-Banna, his younger brother and five others pledged to live and die for Islam and thus the Muslim Brotherhood was founded. Al-Banna introduced his organization to a welcoming audience and by 1936 the Muslim Brotherhood had expanded to every Egyptian province.

The Muslim Brotherhood skyrocketed from a small grassroots movement, into a mass movement as the political, cultural and religious atmosphere attracted individuals to the Brotherhood. Additionally, Al-Banna’s charisma and conviction inspired others to listen to him and understand his Islam centered ideals, while his teaching experience aided in his ability to speak clearly, efficiently and entertainingly.

In February of 1949, at 43 years of age, Al-Banna was assassinated by an Egyptian government agent near his office in Cairo(Swenson).

Survived by Al-Banna were his many followers and the fast growing and far-reaching Brotherhood he had so loyally backed. After his death the Muslim Brotherhood further developed its political interests and involvement in society. Militant groups that considered the Brotherhood too moderate, broke off from the Brotherhood to follow their violent paths to Islamization.

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~orr20l/cla...s/leaders.html

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

iolo (10-20-2018)

12. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sayyid Qutb

Radical leader of the Muslim Brotherhood was opposed to the culture of the West.

In 1949, Qutb studied at Colorado State Teachers College in Greeley, where he first observed what he viewed as American materialistic greed, moral and spiritual degeneracy. During this three year study of American education programs Qutb came to view western culture as materialistic and barbarian. He would later write in a book entitled "The America I Have Seen":

13. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Clapper?
    Clapper called the MB a ‘secular organization’ some years ago. Even Obama was forced to correct him after the fall out.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sayyid Qutb

Radical leader of the Muslim Brotherhood was opposed to the culture of the West.

In 1949, Qutb studied at Colorado State Teachers College in Greeley, where he first observed what he viewed as American materialistic greed, moral and spiritual degeneracy. During this three year study of American education programs Qutb came to view western culture as materialistic and barbarian. He would later write in a book entitled "The America I Have Seen":
    Thanks, but I knew all of that lol.

I would never label the MB as ‘secular’ even on my worst day, but our former DNI did.

The MB has the same goal as the more dangerous Islamist groups such as al Qaeda or ISIS—the goal is sharia. The only difference is the latter want to skip the democracy part and go straight to the caliphate.

If the Saudis want to be a sort of Arab mafia, that beats the alternative by a mile. Progressives should applaud them for it.

15. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Clapper called the MB a ‘secular organization’ some years ago. Even Obama was forced to correct him after the fall out.
    Thanks..

Qatar supports MB which explains their issue with the Saudis.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

anatta (10-20-2018), Darth Omar (10-20-2018)

17. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks, but I knew all of that lol.

I would never label the MB as ‘secular’ even on my worst day, but our former DNI did.

The MB has the same goal as the more dangerous Islamist groups such as al Qaeda or ISIS—the goal is sharia. The only difference is the latter want to skip the democracy part and go straight to the caliphate.

If the Saudis want to be a sort of Arab mafia, that beats the alternative by a mile. Progressives should applaud them for it.
    The Saudi have always been Pro-America.

18. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

ha!
    I did not know Clapper claimed the MB were secular. what a piece of garbage he was-this is "intelligence?"
    I'm happy to see him squirm on Twitter

19. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Thanks..

Qatar supports MB which explains their issue with the Saudis.
    Trump is handling this well so far.
    Trying his best not to rip apart relations while sharks like Lindsey Graham circle around with rash statements

20. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    ha!
    I did not know Clapper claimed the MB were secular. what a piece of garbage he was-this is "intelligence?"
    I'm happy to see him squirm on Twitter
    It was in Obama’s first term when I was on another board.

I remember it well because it had me jumping straight legged lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (10-20-2018)