Thread: The Mighty Church of "O"...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Mighty Church of "O"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA"]YouTube - The Church of Oprah Exposed[/ame]

Fricking, weird...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christianity reminds me of those little chain letters people send around myspace that say "ZOMG if you don't send this around a hunter will appear at 8 AM and shoot an arrow in your back!"

It's completely absurd but every time you log on there's one person who's posted that fucking chain letter on a bulletin board. Just like Christians know that God is absurd, but believe in him anyway to avoid the absurdity of hell. You see, modern Christianity is a very negative religion. You don't do it because you believe in God, you do it selifishly to avoid punishment. And punishment for what? How does it make sense to punish someone for not believing in absurdity? If that is a God he certainly doesn't deserve worship, because he's a petty and cruel individual.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

"taking God out of the box'. I love it!

Hey, AHZ, I bet she thinks Jesus was a rebel too.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

As damo dishes out the red meat meat to solidify christian resolve, he still denies the New age Movement exists. His mason-ass is quite full of crap.
    Last edited by Hermes Thoth; 04-26-2008 at 05:05 PM.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey AH do you still say Jesus was not a Jew ?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    As damo dishes out the red meat meat to solidify christian resolve, he still denies the New age Movement exists. His mason-ass is quite full of crap.
    Newagism is like a fad diet. Not sustainable and totally lacking in substance. At least Christianity serves meat and potatoes.
    Last edited by Said1; 04-26-2008 at 08:12 PM.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    Newagism is like a fad diet. Not sustainable and totally lacking in substance. At least Christianity serves meat and potatoes.
    Christianity is gay too.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Hey AH do you still say Jesus was not a Jew ?

He was born a jew, but in rejecting the religion as taught by the rabbis of his day, became the first christian, and was also STILL a jew ethnically. Got it, ace?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He was born a jew, but in rejecting the religion as taught by the rabbis of his day, became the first christian, and was also STILL a jew ethnically. Got it, ace?
    Well anyway that is the way that those that actually wrote the letters and such that make up the new testament wrote it down.
    The truth could be something else entirely.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't deny that the new age movement exists. I deny that Masons have anything to do with it.

I also note that it is down in popularity when compared to other newer, funner, and more "cool" choices.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kaballah and Scientology, for instance, are two examples of trendy, "in" religions. Damo is a bit late - Buddhism hasn't been trendy since the 70's. Catch up my man.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm tired of all these random "new" movements anyway. Anyone who sticks "new" in front of their name gets shot by me from now on.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I don't deny that the new age movement exists. I deny that Masons have anything to do with it.

I also note that it is down in popularity when compared to other newer, funner, and more "cool" choices.

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO...orld_Order.htm
    The UN and the New Age have been bed-fellows since the beginning. America's secret destiny is the product of Rosicrucian and Freemason forefathers. The New Atlantis as proposed in Francis Bacon's work is almost at hand. The Ancient Mysteries are being studied for illumination and enlightenment by the New World Order's elite. Not to mention the New Age gurus — dutifully recruiting on behalf of the Secret Brotherhood.
    The big three are being turned into new age as well through masonic perversion of their doctrines.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The big three are being turned into new age as well through masonic perversion of their doctrines.
    And somebody who is "anti" writing about anything would write negatively.

The reality is that Freemasonry promotes that you believe in your religion as you see fit and understands that each will beleive that they have the right, the "New Age" Movement says that your religion is not any more "valid" than another and that nobody has the "right" and believing so is "wrong".
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    And somebody who is "anti" writing about anything would write negatively.

The reality is that Freemasonry promotes that you believe in your religion as you see fit and understands that each will beleive that they have the right, the "New Age" Movement says that your religion is not any more "valid" than another and that nobody has the "right" and believing so is "wrong".
    Does masonry accept atheists? What is their view on polytheism?