Thread: Trump broke through the moralistic BS of American foreign policy

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I understand your position- but I believe that she would have launched the US into Syria on Izrael's behalf. In that respect the OP is correct.
    She was/is viewed as an embittered crone seeking revenge in some form- just as unhinged as the incumbent but more difficult to dislodge.
    well you are an idiot then

2. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loon View Post
    A prosemitic JPP troll pretending that he understands the Palestinian resistance.
    Is "prosemitic" even a word?

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

well you are an idiot then
    Just a different opinion to yours. The country was robbed of its sane democracy in choosing either . Billary stuck it to Sanders- who would have made a quality president. I blame Billary for Trumpo's election.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Is "prosemitic" even a word?
    Sure. It's the opposite of ' antisemitic '- and just as racist.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prosemite
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2018)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Trump Insists He Was Against Both Iraq and Libya Interventions Despite Evidence
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=41940228

He supported BOTH wars. Trump is the biggest liar to ever sit in the Oval Office .. BY FAR.,

You can be told any fucking thing and you'll lap that shit up like its tasty.
    an interview on Howard Stern is not supporting Libya, and he was circumspect in his language.

Compare that to Hillary who HAD THE INTELLIGENCE and STILL pressed on with libya-
    does any of this ring a bell or did you flush out your mind when you decided to be a Democrat?

Hillary Clinton,‘Smart Power’ and a Dictator’s Fall
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/u...ton-libya.html
    The president was wary. The secretary of state was persuasive. But the ouster of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi left Libyaa failed state and a terrorist haven.

8. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (10-18-2018)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

moon (10-18-2018)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    no more mindless interventionism -realpolitik instead. Trump's genius is "America First" policy
    We've been they this before, but Bismark's "realpolitik" is a 19th Century strategy outdated by WWI

I wouldn't think the invasion of Afghanistan nor the Iraq War were started due to moralism muddling foreign policy, I wouldn't call the push to eliminate WMD as ideological

America worldwide stands for something, well it used to, least that is what the Flag and all that stuff used to stand for internationally. And the moralism you think has hindered its' foreign policy has never been the guiding force behind foreign policy decisions, seldom the US has ever done anything that doesn't ultimately benefit the US

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I understand your position- but I believe that she would have launched the US into Syria on Izrael's behalf. In that respect the OP is correct.
    She was/is viewed as an embittered crone seeking revenge in some form- just as unhinged as the incumbent but more difficult to dislodge.
    she promised she would have us in Syria with her "humanitarian corridor".
    That cann't be done solely by a 'no fly' -we would have had boots to enforce it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

moon (10-18-2018)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    We've been they this before, but Bismark's "realpolitik" is a 19th Century strategy outdated by WWI

I wouldn't think the invasion of Afghanistan nor the Iraq War were started due to moralism muddling foreign policy, I wouldn't call the push to eliminate WMD as ideological

America worldwide stands for something, well it used to, least that is what the Flag and all that stuff used to stand for internationally. And the moralism you think has hindered its' foreign policy has never been the guiding force behind foreign policy decisions, seldom the US has ever done anything that doesn't ultimately benefit the US
    the nation building afterwards especially in AfPak was morality driven.
    But I agree there was also counter-terrorism at play there too.
    we should have stuck with Whack A Mole instead of nationbuilding there.

you don't understand that realpolitik is the same as a transactional foreign policy.
    It's not a "19th century dead concept"wherever you got that from

You don't understand why we went into Libya -the Albright operative phrase kicking around the UN then was
    " responsibility to protect" (R2P). it was a 100% moral justification to join in their civil war.

we can still espouse democratic values -but not as a driving force for policy

14. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    an interview on Howard Stern is not supporting Libya, and he was circumspect in his language.

Compare that to Hillary who HAD THE INTELLIGENCE and STILL pressed on with libya-
    does any of this ring a bell or did you flush out your mind when you decided to be a Democrat?

Hillary Clinton,‘Smart Power’ and a Dictator’s Fall
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/u...ton-libya.html
    The president was wary. The secretary of state was persuasive. But the ouster of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi left Libyaa failed state and a terrorist haven.
    An interview on anybody's show supporting war is still supporting war.

So instead of dealing with the truth that Trump supported both wars .. let's talk about Hillary. You have no integrity.

Absolutely I consider Hillary's stance on Libya .. and still knew she would be a FAR better choice for president than the unqualified buffoon you voted for .. with the lowest polling in history.

The difference here is Trump is just in it for the money, and money will convince him to side with enemies and vile regimes. He's opened the back door for the Russians and invited them in. He's in bed with the Saudis and will turn a blind eye to whatever they do.

Don't get that twisted because I'm not asking for your opinion. I already know what your opinion is, which is whatever Trump tells you it is.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (10-19-2018)

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I already know what your opinion is, which is whatever Trump tells you it is.
    You saved the best for last.

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Trump is a piece of shit by any sane standard.
    Defending him is irredeemable and indicative of another completely worthless piece of shit.
    the likes of you insulting the president is like a fly on a bull

read the article, it does everything but point out that the left in this country want it both ways, do the right thing but don't do the right thing

trump is on a path I truly thought might be closed forever

#MAGA
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Absolutely I consider Hillary's stance on Libya .. and still knew she would be a FAR better choice for president than the unqualified buffoon you voted for .. with the lowest polling in history.

The difference here is Trump is just in it for the money, and money will convince him to side with enemies and vile regimes. He's opened the back door for the Russians and invited them in. He's in bed with the Saudis and will turn a blind eye to whatever they do.
    $audi Arabia has been a particularly generous benefactor. The kingdom gave between $10 million and $25 million to the Clinton Foundation. (Donations are typically reported in broad ranges, not specific amounts.) At least $1 million more was donated by Friends of $audi Arabia, which was co-founded by a $audi prince.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/u...n-charity.html
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

20. The Following User Groans At Stretch For This Awful Post:

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An interview on anybody's show supporting war is still supporting war.

So instead of dealing with the truth that Trump supported both wars .. let's talk about Hillary. You have no integrity.

Don't get that twisted because I'm not asking for your opinion. I already know what your opinion is, which is whatever Trump tells you it is.
    what in gods name are you rambling about?
    Hillary never met a war she didn't want to join. Whether it was "Friends of Syria" or Libya or Iraq.
    She even screwed up the Russian reset, although Obama cut the legs from out from under that with our meddling in the Euromaidan.

Where is Trumps war?

The difference here is Trump is just in it for the money, and money will convince him to side with enemies and vile regimes. He's opened the back door for the Russians and invited them in
    ROFl..Russian collusion again??

22. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I like how the US appears to have bought its own propaganda

The US has always acted in its interests. It pretended as if it was for the good of everyone, but that was just to protect its interests. Somewhere along the way people became convinced that the US really *was* being just a super nice guy, and got angry and convinced they were being ripped off. So they demanded we just start acting like bully's and dicks to everyone pointlessly. It's hilarious. We'll see how this plays out as the US loses all its allies, and China eventually eclipses it in power anyway. Geez sure would've been nice to have those allies, but some resentful mayos were more interested in show than results. The US is well on its way to becoming a second rate power.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loon View Post
    His use was in protecting us from Billary. He's no longer required.
    She won't go away, though.