Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 11 Million Lie

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Default The 11 Million Lie

The 11 million lie. There’s way more illegal immigrants in the United States than the government has been telling us. The 11 million number is more and more being challenged and the following shows research from Yale University.

And now there’s 4 thousand more Central Americans headed for the southern border as I type.
    If the Democrats take the Congress in next month’s election, you can kiss any and all attempts by Trump to build the wall or get immigration reform goodbye!

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-ya...migrants-in-us

The undocumented population in the United States could be twice as large as the most commonly-used estimate, according to a research study published Friday in the scientific journal Plos One.
    The paper, led by Mohammad M. Fazel-Zarandi, a researcher at Yale and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, estimates there are 22.1 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.
    Fazel-Zarandi's study compared inflows and outflows of immigrants as well as demographic data. According to the report, the number of undocumented immigrants could be as low as 16.5 million, or as high as 29.1 million.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Did you really believe Trump when he said he was going to build a wall? WOW. bet you thought Mexico was going to pay for it too. What a fish. Most people laughed at that. The Mexican president had a roaring laugh. It is absurd. I did not think anyone really bought that, but I guess you bought it all. What a sucker.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Did you really believe Trump when he said he was going to build a wall? WOW. bet you thought Mexico was going to pay for it too. What a fish. Most people laughed at that. The Mexican president had a roaring laugh. It is absurd. I did not think anyone really bought that, but I guess you bought it all. What a sucker.
    We can still make Mexicans pay for the wall. Tax money transfers, tacos, burritos, and slap a tariff on cars made in Mexico.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hvilleherb For This Post:

MAGA MAN (10-18-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    To my understanding, Trump has already begun building the wall. He got a few billion from the last budget deal I do believe. It's already been calculated that when the final wall is done, Trump's new trade deal with Mexico brings our trade with Mexico into balance and thereby the savings compared with the old NAFTA deal actually does pay for the wall over an extended period of time. I know you never heard any of that on CNN and MSNBC.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

MAGA MAN (10-18-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post

And now there’s 4 thousand more Central Americans headed for the southern border as I type.
    Trump took care of that earlier today.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...94#post2666994

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    We can still make Mexicans pay for the wall. Tax money transfers, tacos, burritos, and slap a tariff on cars made in Mexico.
    A tariff on cars made in Mexico is paid by American consumers; or, they choose not to buy those cars because they are too expensive. Either way, Mexico is not paying.

What do you mean by "tax money transfers?"

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    A tariff on cars made in Mexico is paid by American consumers; or, they choose not to buy those cars because they are too expensive. Either way, Mexico is not paying.

What do you mean by "tax money transfers?"
    The claim is that America's balance of payments with Mexico under NAFTA was way out of balance with. Trump's new trade agreement with Mexico brings that balance of payments into a near balance, therefore creating savings for America that will have the effect of paying for the wall in the long term. I've seen nothing to debunk that claim yet, have you?

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

One, the eleven million count is pretty accurate.

Two, it is RoBo posting.

Three, there is no chance for a border wall during Trump's admin period.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

The 11 million lie. There’s way more illegal immigrants in the United States than the government has been telling us. The 11 million number is more and more being challenged and the following shows research from Yale University.

If the Democrats take the Congress in next month’s election, you can kiss any and all attempts by Trump to build the wall or get immigration reform goodbye!

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-ya...migrants-in-us

The undocumented population in the United States could be twice as large as the most commonly-used estimate, according to a research study published Friday in the scientific journal Plos One.
    The paper, led by Mohammad M. Fazel-Zarandi, a researcher at Yale and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, estimates there are 22.1 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.
    Fazel-Zarandi's study compared inflows and outflows of immigrants as well as demographic data. According to the report, the number of undocumented immigrants could be as low as 16.5 million, or as high as 29.1 million.
    Sorry, I thought this post was about adding up all of Trump's lies.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    One, the eleven million count is pretty accurate.

Two, it is RoBo posting.

Three, there is no chance for a border wall during Trump's admin period.
    There is no chance in the near future, either, it’s too costly, to build and maintain. It’s not going to happen.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (10-20-2018)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The claim is that America's balance of payments with Mexico under NAFTA was way out of balance with. Trump's new trade agreement with Mexico brings that balance of payments into a near balance, therefore creating savings for America that will have the effect of paying for the wall in the long term. I've seen nothing to debunk that claim yet, have you?
    I don't really understand the reasoning behind such a claim. If, for example, Americans bought fewer Mexican goods and instead bought goods from the U. S. or another country, it provides money to those businesses but not for a wall. If the American businesses paid higher income taxes on the sale of those products, that means American tax money coming from American consumers is paying for the wall. American taxpayers are paying either way.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

To my understanding, Trump has already begun building the wall. He got a few billion from the last budget deal I do believe. It's already been calculated that when the final wall is done, Trump's new trade deal with Mexico brings our trade with Mexico into balance and thereby the savings compared with the old NAFTA deal actually does pay for the wall over an extended period of time. I know you never heard any of that on CNN and MSNBC.
    How are they going to build a wall when the majority of landed needed is in private hands? And before you shout Eminent Doman, keep in mind that that would take decades serttling in Court with millions if not more billions in cost

Irony is that they don't even need a Trump invisioned Wall over half the border, it is the points of entry that should be reexamined

Regurgitating immigration now is just a midterm campaign talking point, that and the new White House theme that the Democrats are a vicious "mob," both play into the law and order rhetoric popular with conservatives

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

I don't really understand the reasoning behind such a claim. If, for example, Americans bought fewer Mexican goods and instead bought goods from the U. S. or another country, it provides money to those businesses but not for a wall. If the American businesses paid higher income taxes on the sale of those products, that means American tax money coming from American consumers is paying for the wall. American taxpayers are paying either way.
    That and "Trump's new trade agreement with Mexico" isn't a whole lot different than the old trade agreement with Mexico, nor Canada for that matter. There are a few differences, but the basic structure is the same, and the majority of the new adjustments were already in the works in negotiations over TPP, which would have covered more than a dozen major partners

Lot of rhetoric and photo op, but nothing resembling the talking points conservatives are regurgitating

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That and "Trump's new trade agreement with Mexico" isn't a whole lot different than the old trade agreement with Mexico, nor Canada for that matter. There are a few differences, but the basic structure is the same, and the majority of the new adjustments were already in the works in negotiations over TPP, which would have covered more than a dozen major partners

Lot of rhetoric and photo op, but nothing resembling the talking points conservatives are regurgitating
    I don't understand the claim that balancing a trade deficit (or even creating a trade surplus) has anything to do with Mexico paying for the wall.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

If Mexico buys more products from America, Americans make more money. That means more taxes. That money pays for the wall. This is basic economics.