Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Radical or Just Plain Crazy

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fapper View Post
    What supposed "lies" do you refer to, Mature Masturbator? List these alleged falsehoods.

I'll understand if you can't.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BryanJ View Post
    2nd Amendment supporter (with limitations). With this background most folks would think I'd be very conservative, but without revealing my party affiliation, I'm probably right in the middle of the political divide.
    What limitations on the Second do you support?

Wild guess here. You're not middle of the road but progressive and there was no "store manager".

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Wild guess here. You're not middle of the road but progressive and there was no "store manager".
    I suspect that you are correct.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I am aware of the Jade Helm imbroglio. It lends no credence to your anecdote about an ex-son-in-law, however. While such a tale may well be true, there is no reason to accept it as factual. Is there?
    And there is no reason not to accept it as factual unless you are just argumentative or think I don't have anything better to do than make up stories. The Jade Helm story is about people with similar ideas as my ex son-in-law.

Who would waste their time making up stories for an online political forum?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

evince (10-18-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    That's a rhetorical question, right? No offense meant.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    What limitations on the Second do you support?

Limitations: Background checks for all gun sales

Progressive: No

Story: Exactly as written

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BryanJ For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2018), evince (10-18-2018), JqYaqui (10-18-2018)

9. #22 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

What about firearms handed down from generation to generation?
    What about legitimate sales between gun club members (how I obtained my M1A)?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-18-2018)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What did the store owner say when you told him about this behavior on the part of his manager that shook you so badly you had to seek out a forum to talk it out?

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

New user here and I heard something today that disturbed me to the extent that I decided to search out a forum of some sort, to discuss what I heard, and gain some sort of perspective that makes sense.

A little background about myself for whatever it's worth. 60-year old male, military/Desert Storm vet, 2nd Amendment supporter (with limitations). With this background most folks would think I'd be very conservative, but without revealing my party affiliation, I'm probably right in the middle of the political divide.

So, in a very nice antique store today, having a conversation with a male (store manager) probably 10 or so years younger than me, extremely friendly, nice guy, seemly quite intelligent, who I have had general conversations with on many occasions over the years, none of which involved politics. But, he too must have assumed that I shared very extreme, right wing politics (he clearly assumed wrong).

So as guys often to, the conversation turned to guns, I said I own a collection of old military rifles, which I rarely shoot, explaining that I shot so much in the military that it's just not much of a thrill these days, nor do I hunt. He explained that he is a gun owner, shoots on his 500 acre farm, but doesn't hunt either. Now this is where things go off the rails. He said he does not hunt, but would really enjoy hunting Muslims, and he can't wait for the coming civil war, so he can hunt Muslims who he believes is trying to take over the U.S. and Europe. He adds that as much as he hates Muslims, Democrats are worse. I can only conclude from that remark, that during the civil war that he said he's praying for, Democrats would also be fair game.

Now, I have always believed that I'm a fairly good judge of character, but clearly missed the boat on this guy, inasmuch as I was totally stunned, and never thought he would be capable of saying something like this. I have seen war up close, and never want to experience it again.

So, help me make sense about what I heard today. I can't put this guy's comments off as coming from someone who is off his rocker (or maybe he is). Have I missed the boat in terms of current political events, in that our country really is this close to some sort of armed conflict? Has the political divide in our country gotten so bad that seeming decent people would think that civil war is acceptable. I don't follow conspiracy oriented social media; actually I'm not active on social media at all. So again, help me out on what I heard today and where talk of this nature is heading?
    Have you met Jarod?

He has these kinds of crazy stories happen to him all the time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Lightbringer (10-18-2018)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Have you met Jarod?

LOL !

Yeah, that dude gets around and is lucky enough to always run into people who want to talk about the same stuff he wants to talk about. Born under a lucky sign, that one.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

lol...how long have you been posting here?.....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Lightbringer (10-18-2018), Truth Detector (10-18-2018)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

New user here and I heard something today that disturbed me to the extent that I decided to search out a forum of some sort, to discuss what I heard, and gain some sort of perspective that makes sense.

A little background about myself for whatever it's worth. 60-year old male, military/Desert Storm vet, 2nd Amendment supporter (with limitations). With this background most folks would think I'd be very conservative, but without revealing my party affiliation, I'm probably right in the middle of the political divide.

So, in a very nice antique store today, having a conversation with a male (store manager) probably 10 or so years younger than me, extremely friendly, nice guy, seemly quite intelligent, who I have had general conversations with on many occasions over the years, none of which involved politics. But, he too must have assumed that I shared very extreme, right wing politics (he clearly assumed wrong).

So as guys often to, the conversation turned to guns, I said I own a collection of old military rifles, which I rarely shoot, explaining that I shot so much in the military that it's just not much of a thrill these days, nor do I hunt. He explained that he is a gun owner, shoots on his 500 acre farm, but doesn't hunt either. Now this is where things go off the rails. He said he does not hunt, but would really enjoy hunting Muslims, and he can't wait for the coming civil war, so he can hunt Muslims who he believes is trying to take over the U.S. and Europe. He adds that as much as he hates Muslims, Democrats are worse. I can only conclude from that remark, that during the civil war that he said he's praying for, Democrats would also be fair game.

Now, I have always believed that I'm a fairly good judge of character, but clearly missed the boat on this guy, inasmuch as I was totally stunned, and never thought he would be capable of saying something like this. I have seen war up close, and never want to experience it again.

So, help me make sense about what I heard today. I can't put this guy's comments off as coming from someone who is off his rocker (or maybe he is). Have I missed the boat in terms of current political events, in that our country really is this close to some sort of armed conflict? Has the political divide in our country gotten so bad that seeming decent people would think that civil war is acceptable. I don't follow conspiracy oriented social media; actually I'm not active on social media at all. So again, help me out on what I heard today and where talk of this nature is heading?
    Alas, Bryan, for a very long period, whose causes I won't get into here, the United States has contained more and more citizens who are out of touch with reality, Mother's boys who like to beat their hollow chests. I note that, like me, you are an ex-serviceman, which I think helps. The man, I'd guess, sees Muslims as the (German-or-whatever) villains in old war films, and has no knowledge of international politics, the number of Muslims in the world, or what killing people might really mean. Too many Americans, I fear, have had it far too easy for far too long and, like Trump, believe the world is there to strike attitudes and posture in. Thank God, there are vast numbers of sane Americans, if they would only bother to vote!
    Last edited by iolo; 10-18-2018 at 05:52 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

evince (10-18-2018)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Have you met Jarod?

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's a rhetorical question, right? No offense meant.
    It's rhetorical suggesting somebody must be lacking in some critical element of rational behavior to spend their time making up stories.

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You believe the story?
    The story would have been more believable if it were not an antique dealer.