Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: ‘There is NO GOD’ Stephen Hawking’s final revelation of the afterlife REVEALED

1. #931 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,246 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Any such sentient beings are light years away. Gods are supposedly right here with us all the time. Unless they are deliberately hiding from us and have been for hundreds of years. If so, the question becomes, what are they afraid of?
    The question actually is: Why do people want to assert "there is at least one GOD" or "there are no gods" rather than "we do not know the true nature of REALITY and do not know if there are gods or if there are no gods?"

So...why is that for you? What is your answer to that question?

Your questions are absurd. Why did bacteria "hide from us for millions of years?" Why did other galaxies "hide from us for millions of years?" Why did dinosaurs "hide from us for millions of years?" And why, oh why, are bacteria, other galaxies, and dinosaurs so afraid of us?

2. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (11-13-2018)

3. #932 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Not at all God is evident in Creation! How the earth sit's perfectly for life to exist. Even consider the human body and how complex it is, if you truly believe that it is all because of evolution, and chance, well I pity you.
    There is nothing "evident" about any gods...and if you cannot see that, I pity you.

4. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (11-13-2018)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), rjhenn (11-14-2018)

6. #933 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    How idiotic is that?

why do christers get angry when people reject their mythology and then come up with revenge fantasies that they hope their god carry's out
    Don't confuse hoping it happens when telling the truth about it. That's your problem, boy. Your mind operates on such a low level, you can't tell the difference.

Maybe you and Hawking can be roommates.

7. #934 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"There is nothing "evident" about any gods...and if you cannot see that, I pity you." FA #932
    a) Point taken.

b) It's evident to me Odin doesn't wear bluejeans when he rummages through my kitchen drawers.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

8. #935 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Don't confuse hoping it happens when telling the truth about it. That's your problem, boy. Your mind operates on such a low level, you can't tell the difference.

Maybe you and Hawking can be roommates.
    poor lower IQ hillbilly white trash goyim
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

9. #936 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    poor lower IQ hillbilly white trash goyim
    I'm not black, therefore, my IQ can't be low, n-lover.

10. #937 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    There is nothing "evident" about any gods...and if you cannot see that, I pity you.
    Well right, because there is only One, but the God of the Bible is very evident. You don't have to believe for him to be real.

11. The Following User Groans At Wolverine For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (11-14-2018)

12. #938 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well right, because there is only One, but the God of the Bible is very evident.
    There is nothing "obvious" about the god of the Bible...except that either the god is a demon god...or the people describing the god got almost everything wrong.

Sorry you are not able to see that.

You don't have to believe for him to be real.
    By that, I suppose you mean, "You do not have to blindly guess that the god exists. If it exists, it exists; if it does not exist, it does not."

I agree with that.

If there is a god (or gods)...no matter what anyone guesses about it...it (or they) exist anyway.

If there are no gods...no matter how many people blindly guess that at least one does exist...there still are no gods.

13. #939 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,600 Times in 4,277 Posts

2000 years and not a scrap of evidence showing god, any god exists. Religious people were just unable to resist their training by their parents, schools, churches and community. Those who need proof to jump on board are gone. Religion is an insult . Eventually, if you can think logically, you ask"what am I doing here', this makes no sense". Then you leave.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), rjhenn (11-14-2018)

15. #940 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    2000 years and not a scrap of evidence showing god, any god exists. Religious people were just unable to resist their training by their parents, schools, churches and community. Those who need proof to jump on board are gone. Religion is an insult . Eventually, if you can think logically, you ask"what am I doing here', this makes no sense". Then you leave.
    If you think "logically"...you come to, "I do not know if gods exist or not."

The REALITY of existence may include gods; the REALITY of existence may have no gods involved.

We simply do not know. At present, our knowledge of the REALITY of existence may be about where "knowledge of the observable universe" was during the Stone Age.

Let it be.

Stop trying to make the "logical" answer be something that is as illogical as "there is a GOD"...by pretending the "logical" answer is that there are no gods.

We have all sorts of things for which there was no evidence at one time...but which existed nonetheless.

This may be one of those things.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

rjhenn (11-14-2018)

17. #941 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not at all God is evident in Creation! How the earth sit's perfectly for life to exist. Even consider the human body and how complex it is, if you truly believe that it is all because of evolution, and chance, well I pity you.
    Life is adapted to the Earth. It's 19°F outside right now. Hardly "perfectly for life to exist". If there was no life here, there'd likely be life on some other planet and there would be those making the same argument there, and quite likely are right now. Consider the human body and how prone it is to failure. If we were created, that Creator didn't do a very good job.
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

18. #942 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

The question actually is: Why do people want to assert "there is at least one GOD" or "there are no gods" rather than "we do not know the true nature of REALITY and do not know if there are gods or if there are no gods?"

So...why is that for you? What is your answer to that question?

Gods were invented to explain what was not understood. Lightning storms? Oh, that's Zeus throwing thunderbolts, or Thor playing with Mjölnir. Just a need to have some explanation for a world full of the unexplainable. As knowledge has advanced, there's less and less room for gods.

Your questions are absurd. Why did bacteria "hide from us for millions of years?" Why did other galaxies "hide from us for millions of years?" Why did dinosaurs "hide from us for millions of years?" And why, oh why, are bacteria, other galaxies, and dinosaurs so afraid of us?
    Bacteria, galaxies and dinosaurs have no real awareness of humans, nor we, usually, of them. Gods, OTOH, are supposed to be keenly aware of humans and interact with us on an almost daily basis. If they hide those interactions from us, there must be a reason for that. And you're quoting yourself.
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018)

20. #943 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Gods were invented to explain what was not understood. Lightning storms? Oh, that's Zeus throwing thunderbolts, or Thor playing with Mjölnir. Just a need to have some explanation for a world full of the unexplainable. As knowledge has advanced, there's less and less room for gods.
    I am just about certain that all the gods ever worshiped on planet Earth...WERE invented to explain the...mysterious...the unknown.

That does not mean there are no gods.

We do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence...and the REALITY may contain gods...and may contain no gods.

WE DO NOT KNOW.

Bacteria, galaxies and dinosaurs have no real awareness of humans, nor we, usually, of them. Gods, OTOH, are supposed to be keenly aware of humans and interact with us on an almost daily basis. If they hide those interactions from us, there must be a reason for that. And you're quoting yourself.
    There may be gods that do NO INTERACTING.

There may be gods with attributes we have no idea about.

We MAY BE IN THE INFANCY of understanding the REALITY of existence.

The people who insist there is a God (usually meaning a particular god)...seem to do so from fear. The god of the Bible, for instance, is a cartoon...a god that does not appreciably differ from Mickey Mouse or Prince Valiant; the god of the Bible is not appreciably different from Thor, Zeus, Ra, or Pelee. But the people who suppose that god of the Bible to be the "creator" simply cannot see that. It is too painful...too threatening.

The people who insist there are no gods, however, are in exactly the same position. They also are operating from fear...from fear, apparently, of saying, "I do not know if gods exist or not."

They want to assume their position is built on logic, reason, science and math.

IT ISN'T...NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

I have no idea of why Stephen Hawking decided to change his stance at the end of his life, but he should have stuck with where he was years before that event.

Now, lest anyone be confused, let me state that Hawking strenuously denies charges that he is an atheist. When he is accused of that he really gets angry and says that such assertions are not true at all. He is an agnostic or deist or something more along those lines. He's certainly not an atheist and not even very sympathetic to atheism.

From the book on Stephen Hawking, “Stephen Hawking, the Big Bang, and God" by Henry F. Schaefer III.

21. #944 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

I am just about certain that all the gods ever worshiped on planet Earth...WERE invented to explain the...mysterious...the unknown.

That does not mean there are no gods.

We do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence...and the REALITY may contain gods...and may contain no gods.

WE DO NOT KNOW.

There may be gods that do NO INTERACTING.

There may be gods with attributes we have no idea about.

We MAY BE IN THE INFANCY of understanding the REALITY of existence.

The people who insist there is a God (usually meaning a particular god)...seem to do so from fear. The god of the Bible, for instance, is a cartoon...a god that does not appreciably differ from Mickey Mouse or Prince Valiant; the god of the Bible is not appreciably different from Thor, Zeus, Ra, or Pelee. But the people who suppose that god of the Bible to be the "creator" simply cannot see that. It is too painful...too threatening.

The people who insist there are no gods, however, are in exactly the same position. They also are operating from fear...from fear, apparently, of saying, "I do not know if gods exist or not."

They want to assume their position is built on logic, reason, science and math.

IT ISN'T...NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

I have no idea of why Stephen Hawking decided to change his stance at the end of his life, but he should have stuck with where he was years before that event.

Now, lest anyone be confused, let me state that Hawking strenuously denies charges that he is an atheist. When he is accused of that he really gets angry and says that such assertions are not true at all. He is an agnostic or deist or something more along those lines. He's certainly not an atheist and not even very sympathetic to atheism.

From the book on Stephen Hawking, “Stephen Hawking, the Big Bang, and God" by Henry F. Schaefer III.
    Your Wisdom?
    1 Corinthians 1:18-31 New King James Version (NKJV)
    Christ the Power and Wisdom of God

18 For the [a]message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
    And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the [b]disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a [c]stumbling block and to the [d]Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

22. #945 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your Wisdom?
    1 Corinthians 1:18-31 New King James Version (NKJV)
    Christ the Power and Wisdom of God

18 For the [a]message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
    And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the [b]disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a [c]stumbling block and to the [d]Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Half of New Testament forged, Bible scholar says
    By John Blake, CNN

(CNN) - A frail man sits in chains inside a dank, cold prison cell. He has escaped death before but now realizes that his execution is drawing near.

“I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come,” the man –the Apostle Paul - says in the Bible's 2 Timothy. “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.”

The passage is one of the most dramatic scenes in the New Testament. Paul, the most prolific New Testament author, is saying goodbye from a Roman prison cell before being beheaded. His goodbye veers from loneliness to defiance and, finally, to joy.

There’s one just one problem - Paul didn’t write those words. In fact, virtually half the New Testament was written by impostors taking on the names of apostles like Paul. At least according to Bart D. Ehrman, a renowned biblical scholar, who makes the charges in his new book “Forged.”

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...-scholar-says/

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם