Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426 and Into the Night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Never Saw Taxes Make A Rich Man Poor - Vaporizing The Arguments Of The Greedy Rich.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Kacper,

Any reason for moving given?

Generally, it is no secret in history, when capitalism depletes the usefulness of a region, then capitalism leaves. People in search of better opportunities also leave. Governments in dwindling population areas face a challenge balancing the budget with diminished revenue. Cutting taxes doesn't usually help that.
    Electors are based on population. For Texas to be picking up electors and rust belts to be losing electors since 2010 would mean Texas has picked up a few million people that the rustbelt has lost.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    FACTS kick ass

they are my power
    And being nasty is your weakness.

You could be so much more effective working the nice thing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Electors are based on population. For Texas to be picking up electors and rust belts to be losing electors since 2010 would mean Texas has picked up a few million people that the rustbelt has lost.
    Yes, but it is a complete and unfounded assumption that the reason for moving is taxes.

Causality has not been shown.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

And being nasty is your weakness.

You could be so much more effective working the nice thing.
    tried it

it failed horribly

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Politalker,

what you fail to understand is the mass of the population speaks in a course way

they use invective

watch a popular cable show and you will see what I mean.

all theb political comedy shows that get good ratings speak just like my posts

You can pretend you can reach people with church speak

but that doesn't make it real

if you want to reach a population you have to speak like that population.

I am a part of that population and have always played with invective as a language tool for fun

lenny bruce

Richard pryor

george carlin

those comedians all used invective to an art and effected the political sphere far more than most preachers

speak to the people in the language they speak

or only reach a few

invective is funny

maybe not to you

but to the vast majority of Americans it is funny

a plus is creative invective confuses the Russian bots

it is NOT designed to offend you

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

tried it

it failed horribly
    If at first you don't succeed then try, try again.

Don't go low. That's not how the saying goes.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Politalker,

what you fail to understand is the mass of the population speaks in a course way

they use invective

watch a popular cable show and you will see what I mean.

all theb political comedy shows that get good ratings speak just like my posts

You can pretend you can reach people with church speak

but that doesn't make it real

if you want to reach a population you have to speak like that population.

I am a part of that population and have always played with invective as a language tool for fun

lenny bruce

Richard pryor

george carlin

those comedians all used invective to an art and effected the political sphere far more than most preachers

speak to the people in the language they speak

or only reach a few

invective is funny

maybe not to you

but to the vast majority of Americans it is funny

a plus is creative invective confuses the Russian bots

it is NOT designed to offend you
    No, it's not funny the way it is being used here.

And if what you are saying is true then MLK would have gotten nowhere.

I understand things on the street have gone downhill since then. But I assure you, professionals do not do this. There are places, settings where this is not done, not acceptable. And I tell you one thing. A heck of a lot more gets done in those settings than is ever accomplished here.

It is up to each one of us to choose if this is the way you want to be or not. Obviously, since it is allowed in this place, then this is where that mindset congregates. Politics is not discussed like this in professional settings. You won't hear much of it in a court room. If you call up your Congressional Representative and start talking like that they will hang up on you. Call in to an on-air show and you will be cut off for talking like that.

Don't even think for a minute that street slang is the norm in America. The way it is here at JPP? That does not represent America.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

And the other one is:

"People will move from high tax States to low tax States."

Total baloney.

Here's how that goes. The couple is filthy rich because he has always been obsessed with money. They've got it made. They already have way more than most. They are in the top 1%. Democrats in the State raise taxes because the government needs it. It doesn't hurt them. They still live in the lap of luxury, have all they need and plenty more, even with higher taxes. They have far more than they ever need or could ever spend on their lifestyle.

He says: "We need to move to nowhere-ville because they have lower taxes."

She says: "Go ahead. Buy a home there and move. I am staying here, near the grandchildren."

End of argument.
    Staying in states with jobs and you can make a living.The states with the highest min. wages are all the most successful. You ned jobs and a market to succeed. taxes are no big deal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-18-2018)

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

I would read this thread and reply to it, but it has a coward's list of folks the poster is scared of, so the poster shields himself with a gang of parrots. Typical of the snobbish leftist cowards.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

11. The Following User Groans At Robo For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (10-30-2018)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Robo,

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I would read this thread and reply to it, but it has a coward's list of folks the poster is scared of, so the poster shields himself with a gang of parrots. Typical of the snobbish leftist cowards.
    Too funny.

You just replied.

Saying you're not going to reply, in a reply, is laughable.

I am not afraid of anybody. Speak for yourself, gut puncher. You don't understand my reasoning for using that list. If I utilize the Ignore feature or the Thread Ban feature it is because I am availing myself of the options available to me in order to enhance my posting experience.

-There are far more posts than any one person can keep up with.

-I prefer to discuss politics in a civil manner with people who respect one another.

-There are a lot of flame wars here, which I have zero interest in.

-Using the Ignore and thread ban features allow me to easily filter out the trash-talk, which makes it easier to get right to the higher quality posts.

-It's a time-saver.

-Making up stereotypes, demonizing people who believe differently, is just a way to try to make hatred OK. Hatred is not OK.

-I never saw taxes make a rich man poor. That's me saying that. I wrote that. Accept no substitutes. This is the genuine original thread by the person who wrote it.

-People mostly use other priorities besides taxes when deciding where to live.

-More Conservative Myths blown away.

-Watch it with the personal attacks. Did you come here to talk about politics or rag on those with whom you disagree?

-That is a serious problem for a lot of conservatives. Their ideology depends on a lot of made up baloney, stereotypes and myths about liberals. They think half the nation is actually trying to destroy the nation, which is patently absurd. And totally incorrect - misplaced wrong thinking. Most people want a strong USA, just want to be able to live and work and enjoy a nice life, no matter what their politics.

-It is best to stick to what people actually say.

-When a Republican tells you what Democrats do/say/want? He's probably wrong.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

And the other one is:

"People will move from high tax States to low tax States."

Total baloney.

Here's how that goes. The couple is filthy rich because he has always been obsessed with money. They've got it made. They already have way more than most. They are in the top 1%. Democrats in the State raise taxes because the government needs it. It doesn't hurt them. They still live in the lap of luxury, have all they need and plenty more, even with higher taxes. They have far more than they ever need or could ever spend on their lifestyle.

He says: "We need to move to nowhere-ville because they have lower taxes."

She says: "Go ahead. Buy a home there and move. I am staying here, near the grandchildren."

End of argument.
    Depends on your definition of rich. There have been many small business owners, who made good money, who have been forced to move because of taxes or regulations. Some have even gone out of business because they couldn't move. And let's be honest about this. Those taxes and regulations you jealous bastards want to slap on the rich prevent others from starting their own businesses. You want to sock it to the rich, hoping that some of it will come your way. It doesn't work that way. If you want money, go out and earn it. With some hard work, you might become what you hate. A rich person. Lol

14. The Following User Groans At Grugore For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (10-30-2018)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I never ban anyone

I don't even groan at people

I use the pos rep option

I let my words do the work they are meant to do

Ignoring who we truly need to fight doesn't produce the needed outcome

I fight who needs to be fought

I don't hide in a closet to make it MORE FUN for me

I fight the stupid that is killing us

the very idiots who ban me all the time

I repeat

I have NEVER banned anyone else from a thread

I have NO one on ignore

I have never neg repped anyone

NEVER

I am not here for a pleasant experience

I AM HERE TO FIGHT THE LIES THAT ARE TRYING TO ILL THIS NATIONS DEMOCRACY

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    Depends on your definition of rich. There have been many small business owners, who made good money, who have been forced to move because of taxes or regulations. Some have even gone out of business because they couldn't move. And let's be honest about this. Those taxes and regulations you jealous bastards want to slap on the rich prevent others from starting their own businesses. You want to sock it to the rich, hoping that some of it will come your way. It doesn't work that way. If you want money, go out and earn it. With some hard work, you might become what you hate. A rich person. Lol
    they made a choice

the trump tax cuts didn't benefit small businesses fool

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Grugore,

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    Why would anybody want to become what they hate? Well, of course, nobody would. It makes no sense. Which means that your statement is based on a falsehood.

Ya wanna know what really stands in the way of entrepreneurs? Health care. Many consider trying it on their own but if they give up working for a big corporation they give up their health care. So they never make that leap, never start a small business.

Universal health care would foster more entrepreneurial start-ups, more local business, more secure small business jobs.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Staying in states with jobs and you can make a living.The states with the highest min. wages are all the most successful. You ned jobs and a market to succeed. taxes are no big deal.
    So true.

It is only to be expected. But it is also a Conservative Myth that people move because of taxes. That is simply not the primary reason for most moves. Family, work, school and climate/topography are the primary reasons people move, or stay where they are.