Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426 and Into the Night

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Never Saw Taxes Make A Rich Man Poor - Vaporizing The Arguments Of The Greedy Rich.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I Never Saw Taxes Make A Rich Man Poor - Vaporizing The Arguments Of The Greedy Rich.

And the other one is:

"People will move from high tax States to low tax States."

Total baloney.

Here's how that goes. The couple is filthy rich because he has always been obsessed with money. They've got it made. They already have way more than most. They are in the top 1%. Democrats in the State raise taxes because the government needs it. It doesn't hurt them. They still live in the lap of luxury, have all they need and plenty more, even with higher taxes. They have far more than they ever need or could ever spend on their lifestyle.

He says: "We need to move to nowhere-ville because they have lower taxes."

She says: "Go ahead. Buy a home there and move. I am staying here, near the grandchildren."

End of argument.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018), Frank Apisa (10-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (10-16-2018), iolo (10-17-2018), NiftyNiblick (10-18-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    And the other one is:

Total baloney.

Here's how that goes. The couple is filthy rich because he has always been obsessed with money. They've got it made. They already have way more than most. They are in the top 1%. Democrats in the State raise taxes because the government needs it. It doesn't hurt them. They still live in the lap of luxury, have all they need and plenty more, even with higher taxes. They have far more than they ever need or could ever spend on their lifestyle.

She says: "Go ahead. Buy a home there and move. I am staying here, near the grandchildren."

End of argument.
    Beautiful!

I know at least two couples where that essentially describes the situation.

In fact, often both want to stay near the grandchildren...and both often want to complain about the taxes. Much better for them to complain about high taxes than about low taxes!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (10-16-2018), iolo (10-17-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here is the list of rich men made poor by too much taxes:

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (10-16-2018), evince (10-16-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Total baloney.
    Somebody in rightwing talk radio invented that theme a couple decades ago, and the Ditto heads have taken their orders and mindlessly parroted it since then.

I think I can count on one hand the number of people I have ever heard say they moved to another state because of low taxes.

Almost everyone I know who moved throughout my entire life did so because of economic opportunity, family, natural beauty, schools and education, recreation, weather, climate, and other intangibles.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018), iolo (10-17-2018), PoliTalker (10-16-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey!

This must have been a great thread!

Otherwise it would never have been plagiarized.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here is the list of rich men made poor by too much taxes:

Trump spent his life living in New York City.

He could have chosen to live in Topeka, Kansas. But he didn't.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey!

This must have been a great thread!

Otherwise it would never have been plagiarized.
    I would take it as a compliment, that people who are thread banned or on IA still make it a point to read your threads, plagiarize them, and attempt to respond to them. They must find your writing very interesting.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018), PoliTalker (10-16-2018)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Good point:

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Trump spent his life living in New York City.

He could have chosen to live in Topeka, Kansas. But he didn't.
    But you KNOW the taxes in Topeka are lower than the taxes in NYC...

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

I would take it as a compliment, that people who are thread banned or on IA still make it a point to read your threads, plagiarize them, and attempt to respond to them. They must find your writing very interesting.
    Thank you. Yes, I do consider it a badge of honor.

They read what I write. I don't read what they write. I win. I am getting my point across. They are not.

They are wishing they had not mouthed off so much.

I have zero need, nor desire, to read the drivel of trolls. That's why they are thread banned. No big surprise they would try to steal threads. They sure can't win on a level playing field.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

And the other one is:

Total baloney.

End of argument.
    LOL. IN the next census Texas is expected to pick up at least 4, possibly 5 electors from rust belt states.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

they learned I from me

they would ban me from most threads and I would make a new thread in which I didn't ban them

I would even get their responses at the other thread and answer them

You would be amazed at how often they couldnt resist answering me in my thread

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

iolo (10-17-2018)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    they learned I from me

they would ban me from most threads and I would make a new thread in which I didn't ban them

I would even get their responses at the other thread and answer them

You would be amazed at how often they couldnt resist answering me in my thread
    As much as some rightwingers are dismissive of you, you might be the most read and responded to poster in the history of jpp dot com.

Keep up the good work!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (10-16-2018)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    LOL. IN the next census Texas is expected to pick up at least 4, possibly 5 electors from rust belt states.
    Any reason for moving given?

Generally, it is no secret in history, when capitalism depletes the usefulness of a region, then capitalism leaves. People in search of better opportunities also leave. Governments in dwindling population areas face a challenge balancing the budget with diminished revenue. Cutting taxes doesn't usually help that.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As much as some rightwingers are dismissive of you, you might be the most read and responded to poster in the history of jpp dot com.

Keep up the good work!
    FACTS kick ass

they are my power

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries