1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"runway scares" FA #12
    Not so bad if you swim there.
    "the $#@! out of me, though!" FA #12
    Haven't I been posting in this forum long enough for you to know I've got some to spare?
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I bet the gatewaypundit pics were taken during half time. There are empty seats that were paid for but the ticket holders didn't show up. It doesn't mean money was lost. This article is dated two years before the Kaepernick controversy.

"The Steelers have "sold out all 117 games" at the stadium since it opened in '01, and have a sellout streak dating to '72, plus "20 years worth of names" on their season ticket waiting list. But three of the past four Monday night games at Heinz Field "resulted in 9,125, 7,856 and 7,346 no-shows." Steelers CB Ike Taylor said, "It's a Monday and people have to work on a Tuesday. I understand. Everybody has to pay bills."

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/.../Steelers.aspx
    Prob. pre game warmups. LMAO

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-16-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,611 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Only watched the first half of last night's game.

It was a barn-burner. Enough offense for a full week-end. More long plays than I've ever seen in a single half.

One either likes the game or not.

For those who don't...watch a soccer match.
    I was flipping back and forth between that and the baseball game, just watched the end of it.
    What can I say, I'm a sports fan, but hockey is my favorite. I watch the drag races too.
    I will admit I don't watch as much as I did in the past. I often fall asleep before halftime.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    There have been lots of empty seats this season.
    NFL overnight ratings up again, including a 34 percent rise for Chiefs-Patriots Sunday Night Football thriller
    Chiefs-Patriots was a perfect storm for NBC and it showed in overnight ratings.

NFL ratings have been up compared to last year. But Week 6 ratings saw an incredible spike that dwarf the prior gains this season.

The strong Week 6 viewership was capped off by the monster number NBC’s Sunday Night Football drew. The Chiefs-Patriots broadcast registered a 14.6 overnight rating, up 34% from last year’s Week 6 game (Giants-Broncos) and tied for the highest rated Week 6 game in the history of NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

NBC walked into a perfect storm with this game. The Patriots are the Patriots and they were going to bring a lot of viewers (even though the Red Sox were playing at the same time). The Chiefs were 5-0 and have one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL in Patrick Mahomes, who would bring both Chiefs fans and neutral fans to the broadcast. It also helped that the game was close throughout, featured just one punt, and ended on a game winning field goal. I’m not sure you could come up with a better situation to get people to watch.

Overall, the entire league experienced higher overnight ratings. Fox reported an 11.7 overnight rating for its Sunday window, an 18 percent increase for their Sunday afternoon singleheader over last year (9.9). Both of Fox’s pregame shows, Fox NFL Kickoff and Fox NFL Sunday, were also up double digits from last year.
    https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/nfl-...-thriller.html

NFL ratings continue upward trend
    https://nypost.com/2018/09/24/nfl-ra...-upward-trend/

DESPITE TRUMP CATERWAULING, SUNDAY NFL RATINGS UP 6%
    https://adage.com/article/media/sund...atings/314899/

Nobody’s Going to Sports in Person Anymore. And No One Seems to Care.

Part of this, of course, is for all the talk of baseball’s supposed cultural irrelevance, the game remains popular, still the second-most popular sport in the United States (even among millennials!) and, when you account for total eyeballs in regional markets (rather than the crude national Nielsen ratings for “event” programming the NFL prefers), is probably being watched by more people right now than at any other time in human history. And part of this is because attendance (like TV ratings, for that matter) is down for most sports, from the NFL to the NHL to, in particular, major college athletics. (NBA attendance was actually up last year, for the fourth straight year.) Part of this is because this downward swing was rather easy to see coming and, all told, is still not that dramatic; attendance is still up by more than 17 million fans a year from 1992.

But the main reason attendance is down, in Major League Baseball as well as most of the other major professional sports, and the main reason owners and commissioners aren’t sweating it too much, I’d argue, is because it can be. Teams don’t really care anymore about bringing fans to the stadium — at least not as much as they used to —because they no longer need people in the seats to make money.

Last year, the NFL brought in revenues of more than $17 billion, and Major League Baseball earned more than $10 billion, records for both sports. An increasingly small percentage of all that revenue came from attendance. The NFL attributes most of its 2017 improvement to a new Thursday Night Football television package and increased media payments from other properties. MLB’s numbers, which grew even more the year before (when its Advanced Media arm spun off into its own company and was sold for $2.58 billion to Disney), came from expanded partnerships, local television ratings, and its own media-rights deals. Attendance has been down each of last seven years in MLB, and MLB’s revenue has been up every single season. Knowing that, how much would you sweat attendance numbers?
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...bottom&gtm=top

AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-16-2018)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Simone Biles Rips New Gymnastics Chief For Nike Attack After Colin Kaepernick Ad
    Mary Bono, interim president and CEO of the sport’s national governing body, apologized soon after.

American Olympic powerhouse Simone Biles ripped the new head of USA Gymnastics for a tweet attacking Nike after its ad that featured former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Mary Bono, interim president and CEO of the sport’s national governing body, apologized soon after.

Bono, a former GOP congresswoman from California, posted a tweet last month featuring a photo of her blacking out the Nike logo on her golf shoes. She didn’t name Kaepernick. But such actions have been posted on social media as a protest against the new Nike ad campaign starring Kaepernick. The former San Francisco 49ers player drew President Donald Trump’s ire when he took a knee during the national anthem before games to protest police brutality and racial inequality, launching a movement.

Biles responded Saturday to Bono with her own tweet: “Mouth drop. Don’t worry, it’s not like we needed a smarter USA Gymnastics president or any sponsors or anything.”

Biles, who won four gold medals and a bronze at the 2016 Rio Olympics, had just been chosen the previous day for Team USA for the upcoming World Championships in Qatar.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0bd9ed55b6977
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

gawd help me.
    I bought into the Ravens this year as a fan - the defense looks that good

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,649 Times in 16,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ten years from now, "Kap" will be just a lonely trademarked image....without a place to be displayed .... or....maybe a bottle of pink lotion....
    (so many better Number Sevens
    Last edited by TOP; 10-16-2018 at 07:44 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-16-2018)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Got anything else dummy?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-16-2018)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Yeah but they feel good about allowing SJWs do their worst. To be hip and all.

Give Kap a Nike deal to boot.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    NFL overnight ratings up again, including a 34 percent rise for Chiefs-Patriots Sunday Night Football thriller

what an idiot ^^^^
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

1 I’ve always hated the NFL.
    2 they are still making record profits.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    NFL overnight ratings up again, blah, blah, blah...
    You can get a good idea of what is happening with empty seats and the NFL if you just type in "NFL empty seats" into your search engine. Here: https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If google is bias in any way, it is biased in favor of the left, so this search should give you a good perspective of what is going on with the empty seats.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Gateway Pundit, is more worthless then cake you made without sugar, or sweetener. I suppose you could at least try to use the cake as a doorstop, until it molds.
    When it molds it's penicillin
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Ten years from now, "Kap" will be just a lonely trademarked image....without a place to be displayed .... or....maybe a bottle of pink lotion....
    (so many better Number Sevens
    Ten years from now you'll still be nobody from no where,living thru a internet forum!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

blackascoal (10-16-2018), christiefan915 (10-16-2018), Frank Apisa (10-16-2018)

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    You can get a good idea of what is happening with empty seats and the NFL if you just type in "NFL empty seats" into your search engine. Here: https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If google is bias in any way, it is biased in favor of the left, so this search should give you a good perspective of what is going on with the empty seats.
    Can you read?

Last year, the NFL brought in revenues of more than $17 billion, and Major League Baseball earned more than $10 billion, records for both sports. An increasingly small percentage of all that revenue came from attendance.

Teams don’t really care anymore about bringing fans to the stadium — at least not as much as they used to —because they no longer need people in the seats to make money.

Part of this is because this downward swing was rather easy to see coming and, all told, is still not that dramatic; attendance is still up by more than 17 million fans a year from 1992

Got anything else? :0)