Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humanity is ‘cutting down the tree of life’, warn scientists

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

mega bucks rule the planet, the pillaging of Earth's resources cannot be stopped just like right wing madness cannot exterminated

fact

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    What happened to you, you sick fuck.
    Got tired of watching libtards calling people rapists and racists. Go fuck yourself

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    There should be world-wide life imprisonment/death-penalty for poachers and traders in rare species.
    There should also be jail-time for polluters. Fines are unacceptable.
    It is so sad what the greed of capitalism has done without sufficient regulation.

Capitalism without proper regulation = supreme competition - in a race to the bottom.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello moon,

It is so sad what the greed of capitalism has done without sufficient regulation.

Capitalism without proper regulation = supreme competition - in a race to the bottom.
    Yet forests under private ownership have faired better than forests under public ownership.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-16-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Yeah, it just sucks that we're living longer lives and enjoy modern products. I wish we were still burning cow dung to send smoke signals to the village next door. This internet stuff is just horrible

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

the sky is falling the sky is falling

This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-16-2018)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Got tired of watching libtards calling people rapists and racists. Go fuck yourself
    Makes one wonder what alt-reality useful idiots listen to in the weird radio in their minds. Could have swore that was a Trump thing.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Yeah, it just sucks that we're living longer lives and enjoy modern products. I wish we were still burning cow dung to send smoke signals to the village next door. This internet stuff is just horrible
    So, this is what pure stupidity looks like. Is there some reason in your low IQ world that says the two are not compatible? Is there a reason as to why the White Rhino is interfering with your internet? With your driving?

Keep it up and you won't even have cow dung to send messages to your other low IQ supporters.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

It's really a bummer that protecting the environment became such a right/left thing. It should be in everyone's interest - but conservatives just oppose anything as a knee-jerk response now, because they perceive all of it as some sort of "fringe lefty" cause...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-16-2018)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Yet forests under private ownership have faired better than forests under public ownership.
    I don't believe that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

yea well they do that a lot, so makes it hard to tell

I do know that the ice caps are not melting, and the animals are fine though,

don't need a liberal scientists that gets millions in research money to tell me otherwise
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Stretch (10-16-2018), Truth Detector (10-16-2018)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

People in Europe live longer than in the USA and they don't use capitalism for health care. They have a better outcome and it costs them less per person.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Thing1,

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It's really a bummer that protecting the environment became such a right/left thing. It should be in everyone's interest - but conservatives just oppose anything as a knee-jerk response now, because they perceive all of it as some sort of "fringe lefty" cause...
    Only after rewriting every story, making up things that are not true, and reacting to the baloney they made up, all the while demonizing liberals to justify their hatred.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Hello Kacper,

I don't believe that.
    Then you can read Garrett Hardin, look at the Amazon rain forest depletion, or you can choose to be a non-believer. Doesn't really matter. Personal Beliefs don't change reality.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Tell me, is it really knee jerk to reject science when the predictions of doomsday pass and another declaration takes its place, always another 15 years into the future? We've passed the IPCC's third time at this and we're now in the era of the 4th doomsday prediction. 2030 is the tipping point! We swear it, this time is it! We're all doomed!

You are free to believe this shit. To me it's not a left/right issue. Perhaps if it seems that way to you, it's because you don't really understand the science behind it in any meaningful way?