yes it does proves it in fact.
    No, it does not.

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    She proved Indian heritage. She claimed it and proved it.
    Trump said he would pay a mill to a charity of her choice, Time to put up. Actually, you are the fool. DNA proof.
    It isn't proof you idiot. They did not use Cherokee DNA, the used Mexican and other Central American DNA that they think might be related. They also proved that she is a liar. She claimed she was Cherokee at Harvard. Cherokee standards for such claim is 1/16th Cherokee to be eligible. She is at BEST 1/64th and could have as little as 1/1024th. So no, there is not proof.

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    What makes you believe that? Be specific, please.
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-native-ameri/

it is common knowledge. It is the entire reason she is being mocked for her false claim.

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    How hard would it be for a normal person to just laugh, and say "You know what Elizabeth, I would be happy to donate to the charity of your choice."

That is what a person of character and class would do.

I can scarcely believe that a grown man would turn this into some kind contest for domination, not to mention welch on a bet. I mean, I know teenagers that are not as petulant and childish as Trump
    This coming from the rape apologizing leg humping misogynist who exploded all over the board in rage because he was publicly rejected by a woman he was stalking. That is what Cypress thinks a grown man should be.

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It literally doesn't seem possible how exacting Trump supporters seem to be when it comes to the truth.

(and she did tell the truth, regardless - but it's just crazy how they overlook Trump's daily whoppers and try to make hay about this one...)
    So you believe it shows Native American ancestry by using Mexican, Columbian and Peruvian DNA as a substitute for Cherokee DNA samples?

The fact that it came back with a range of 1/64th to 1/1024th using substitute measures for Cherokee DNA and yet you still seem to think this proves she was right? That shows how desperate the left is to believe what their masters tell them.

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,762 Times in 4,511 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

I can see that, in the way that right-wingers feel that they are entitled to the presidency. The anger they instantly feel towards anyone who challenges that sense of entitlement -- even someone who works her way from the ground up in seeking that office the hard way.
    Right-wing or left-wing--it is not a partisan description. Someone who works their way up may believe they are just as entitled as someone born into wealth. Even those born into wealth must still work hard to maintain their wealth and be successful. A person does not run for high office such as president unless they believe they are better qualified to do that job than others running against them.

Entitle [Merriam-Webster]
    1 : to give a title to : designate
    2 : to furnish with proper grounds for seeking or claiming something this ticket entitles the bearer to free admission

Entitlement [Merriam-Webster]
    1a : the state or condition of being entitled : right
    b : a right to benefits specified especially by law or contract
    2 : belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges
    3 : a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group also : funds supporting or distributed by such a program

If you win your party's nomination and the general election you are entitled to the presidency and had to believe you were entitled to that position because you were the best candidate or you would not be running. Any member of Congress is entitled to certain privileges and benefits and they use those privileges.

Trying to interpret entitlement in left-wing or right-wing terms is just partisan hate mongering.

If you use a more limited, partisan definition to apply to Republicans like Trump or Kavanaugh that also puts Beto O'Roark, JFK, Hillary, FDR, Kerry, and others in the same category. But that description is just based on bigotry toward the wealthy.

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    One guy said that

why is he trashing someone just because they have a little Indian blood that they are proud of ?

because like his dad he plans on running for office and got him self some national air time
    'One guy'??? He is the Secretary of State of the Cherokee Nation you moron.

He is trashing her because in order to claim Cherokee status you have to be at least 1/16th Cherokee. At best she is 1/64th Columbian/Peruvian/Mexican. No evidence AT ALL that she is Cherokee.

8. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    How are they wrong? She has next to no heritage. The Cherokee tribe has said she is wrong in claiming such. She at best was lied to by her family... otherwise she deliberately lied to get preferential treatment.
    The irony is so fucking thick, you can't cut it with a chainsaw!

The RW fucktards are just shitting their collective britches about a single, perceived lie and bury their heads in the sand when it comes to Orangetweet's pathological lying. What a bunch of fucking losers.

Tell us, loser. What preferential treatment did Warren get?

9. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-native-ameri/

it is common knowledge. It is the entire reason she is being mocked for her false claim.
    You seem to have lost track of the thread. The question was what makes you believe that she made the claim in applying for law school and applying for teaching jobs. The Politifact link not only doesn't substantiate that, it expressly says there's no proof Warren gained any special advantage in her career. So, again, what makes you think that? Be specific, please.

10. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You seem to have lost track of the thread. The question was what makes you believe that she made the claim in applying for law school and applying for teaching jobs. The Politifact link not only doesn't substantiate that, it expressly says there's no proof Warren gained any special advantage in her career. So, again, what makes you think that? Be specific, please.
    You seem not to be able to pay attention. She has claimed it many times. Saying that a group 'cleared her' of having 'gained any special advantage' is just nonsense. you think Harvard was touting her as a minority, but she received no advantages from that? LMAO, you are indeed gullible.

11. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

You seem not to be able to pay attention. She has claimed it many times. Saying that a group 'cleared her' of having 'gained any special advantage' is just nonsense. you think Harvard was touting her as a minority, but she received no advantages from that? LMAO, you are indeed gullible.
    Prove it, fucktard. What privileges did she get?

12. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Right-wing or left-wing--it is not a partisan description. Someone who works their way up may believe they are just as entitled as someone born into wealth.
    I guess I don't understand what meaning you assign to "entitled," if you think it even applies to someone who believes she needs to work hard and pay her dues, working her way up the ladder, if she wants any hope of achieving success. Presumably you don't mean "entitled" in the sense that she'd be entitled to the presidency if she won the election, since she hasn't done so. So in what sense do you mean "entitled"?

Even those born into wealth must still work hard to maintain their wealth and be successful.
    No, very obviously a person born into enough wealth does not need to work hard to maintain wealth, nor to be materially successful. Let's say that my history was like Donald Trump's, just updated for inflation. He got $200,000 a year from his father throughout his childhood, just for being born into the right family. So, let's update that to $2 million per year, now. So, by the time I was 18, let's say I had a bankroll of $40 million (a modest expectation, given the return I could expect on that money during my childhood). What would it take to maintain that wealth?

Well, let's say I can manage to "scrape by" on "just" an income of $400,000 per year (enough to put me in the top 1% of all earners). Well, that's 1% of my $40 million. I could expect to make about 10% per year just by sticking the money in an index fund and never doing a lick of work. So, even after accounting for my "modest" $400,000 of spending each year, and the impact of taxes and inflation, I'd be getting richer and richer every year, by leaps and bounds. Without doing a damned bit of work to maintain my wealth, I'd wind up a billionaire within a few decades. A life of total idleness and extravagant income would, nevertheless, leave me vastly richer than I'd started. Maintaining wealth when you already have it is child's play. Any halfwit with a trust fund can do it.

A person does not run for high office such as president unless they believe they are better qualified to do that job than others running against them.
    Agreed. But whether you think of that qualification as something you have to earn through years of hard work, or whether you think you're entitled to it by way of being a "very stable genius" makes all the difference in the world.

13. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You seem not to be able to pay attention. She has claimed it many times.
    Try to focus. The question isn't whether she (correctly, as you'll recall) claimed she had Native American ancestry. The question is whether, as was asserted, she claimed it as part of applying to law school and applying for teaching jobs. If you have evidence to support that assertion, just share it. If not, it's OK to simply say, "yeah, there's no evidence to support that."

14. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

then why did she put it on the application?

be specific please
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (10-20-2018)

16. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I find the whole thing hysterically karma played out.
    She used the NA claim to further her bona fides as a minority professor at Harvard, and for Democratic politics

Yet according to NA spokesperson I've seen- she never took up any NA issues as her own.
    It was a matter of convenience for her - nothing more.

Then her arrogance drove her to spend a bunch of money on a slick video that blows up her claim!