Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: A point about Elizabeth Warren's Native American Ancestry

1. #451 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,044 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

Elizabeth Warren is one of the greatest American patriots alive today.

Her efforts to combat plutocratic fascism in finance have probably exceeded anybody else's in the entire nation.

The vast majority of her detractors would vastly benefit
    were Senator Warren's initiatives to come to fruition.
    Tragically, they're too fucking politically unsophisticated to recognize that
    and so they continue to politically jam rasps up their own rectums.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Frank Apisa (10-19-2018), ZappasGuitar (10-19-2018)

3. #452 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Frank, I've told you I don't care, how else can I explain that? I can't draw you a picture on this forum.
    Yet, like so many of us...here you are...talking about it. Heatedly at times.

C'mon...you guys all care.

And, I said global warming, not climate change. I do believe the climate changes. It often has over a million years.
    Okay...so it is cold today. Therefore global warming is a hoax.

Better?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (10-19-2018)

5. #453 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    The percentage was given as a range. Right wingers, being deeply dishonest people, have cited only the very low end of the range. The higher end is 1/64, which, as you know, is vastly more than 1/100th of a percentile.

Does that prove she has Cherokee blood? No. DNA tests aren't perfected to the point of identifying a particular tribal origin. What it shows is that she was almost certainly telling the truth about having been told a family history of such origins. Of course, we already knew she was almost certainly telling the truth about that, since reporters have checked with other relatives of hers (many of whom are Republicans), who confirmed they heard the same stories. So, she honestly passed along family history, and the Republicans dutifully pretended to think she was lying -- and then wound up with egg on their faces when their endless demands for DNA tests ended up showing that she did, in fact, have Native American ancestry. Oops!

As for the "Stolen Valor" argument, it's pretty weak. Even if it hadn't turned out that Warren was telling the truth, it would simply have been a deception about ancestry -- something that is an unearned accident of birth, anyway. It's similar to the way Trump repeatedly lies and says his father was born in Germany, which he wasn't. Is that "worse than stolen valor"? No. There's a reason that you probably haven't even heard about those repeated lies: a politician lying about family details predating his or her birth just isn't seen as important, even when done for personal advantage (the way Trump has used his father's fictitious German birth to assert a kinship with the EU when that's politically convenient). In the long list of vile Trump lies, his lies about where his father was born hardly even merit a mention. The same is true for the "stolen honor" of Trump repeatedly lying about graduating at the top of his class in college. It's slimy, but it's relatively trivial, so it's seldom brought up. But, as you know, Warren doesn't supply the same broad list of serious personal misconduct to attack as Trump does, and so the right-wingers must take what they can get, and that included trying to turn her ancestry claims into a major scandal, back when they thought she was lying. And they're at such a loss for what else to attack her about, that they're not letting go of that one even now that they know she was telling the truth.
    Once again.....the left wishes to do away with the "common sense" element of finding THE TRUTH. To suggest that she was told she had native American blood is sufficient enough to have her registered as a Native American faculty member in order to demonstrate that an "ivy league" college is fulfilling its affirmative action quota is the same logic or lack thereof in suggesting that ALL WOMEN must be believed as a victim of male misogyny and or rape because she has made an accusation...……...Evidence be damned? LMAO

As far as a supposed SCIENTIFIC TEST that can do no better than finding a range of positivity running from a micro percentile to percentages ranging in the whole numbers....reveals much about the testing procedures.....not to mention the fact that a great many European immigrants test positive for native American DNA because their ancestry has been diluted by Asia ancestry reveals even more.

And then there are the CLAIMS she specifically made about her grandparents being CHERROKE.....and this test, regardless of percentile cannot address any Tribal Affiliations.

In Short.....SHE LIED HER ASS OFF and was exposed as a liar in the national press. Its like BJ BILL.....its not the BLOW JOB....its the lies he told about the BLOW JOBS.

As I have stated....."personally" to me...….this type of lie is far more severe than some of the other left wing politicians lying in relation to STOLEN VALOR. When will the democrats in this nation cease using minorities as some type of political tool? Liberal my ass.....progressive my ass....the only thing that has changed in the democratic party since the days of Andrew Jackson is the size and scope of the lies and the fact they have come out of their fascist closet in full view of the people who vote.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-19-2018 at 11:49 AM.

6. #454 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Once again.....the left wishes to do away with the "common sense" element of finding THE TRUTH.
    No. It would be lovely if common sense were enough. But since right wingers lack it, we can't simply rely on the truth of something already being obvious to all thinking people, but instead must think of some way to explain it even to those at their level.

To suggest that she was told she had native American blood is sufficient enough to have her registered as a Native American faculty member in order to demonstrate that an "ivy league" college is fulfilling its affirmative action quota
    What makes you imagine that the reason she registered that way was so that the college could demonstrate that it was fulfilling an affirmative action quota? Be specific, please.

is the same logic or lack thereof in suggesting that ALL WOMEN must be believed as a victim of male misogyny and or rape because she has made an accusation...……...
    I've never met anyone who suggests that all women must be believed when making accusations. Some clearly lack credibility. Take Juanita Broaddrick, for example. In light of the fact that she swore under oath that Clinton never raped her, her later attempts (once in a setting where she was legally at liberty to lie) to say he did are inherently not credible.

As far as a supposed SCIENTIFIC TEST that can do no better than finding a range of positivity running from a micro percentile to percentages ranging in the whole numbers....reveals much about the testing procedures
    What is it that you think it reveals? Be specific, please.

.....not to mention the fact that a great many European immigrants test positive for native American DNA because their ancestry has been diluted by Asia ancestry reveals even more.
    As a reminder, the testing showed that her level of Native American DNA markers was about 10 times higher than that of the average white person in Utah and 12 times higher than the average white person in the UK.

And then there are the CLAIMS she specifically made about her grandparents being CHERROKE.....and this test, regardless of percentile cannot address any Tribal Affiliations.
    Do you imagine that someone suggested the test could establish tribal affiliations? If not, what's your point, exactly? I'll readily concede the test alone gives us no idea which tribe or tribes her Native American ancestors are from. The evidence that at least some of them were Cherokee consists of (1) her family's oral history, and (2) her family's geographic history, which involved living in areas with lots of Cherokees during the time period in question. At this point, a reasonable person would consider it more likely than not that at least some of her Native American ancestors were Cherokees, but until testing improves, it cannot be definitively proven.

In Short.....SHE LIED HER ASS OFF
    What lie do you think she told? Be specific, please. What you'll need to do is quote a particular statement she made that you think was false, and then provide the evidence that she knew or should have suspected it was false at the time she made the statement. Good luck.

As I have stated....."personally" to me...….this type of lie
    What type of lie? It's still not clear what lie you think she told, exactly.

When will the democrats in this nation cease using minorities as some type of political tool?
    As a reminder, this story didn't become news because of a Democrat. It would have remained an obscure old listing in an internal university directory if not for the effort by a Republican, Scott Brown, to use minorities as a political tool. He hoped that he could get them worked up about this listing and that he could then use them to win that senate seat. He failed. But then another Republican, Trump, decided to try to use minorities for his own political purposes, by again engaging in race baiting, in hopes of undermining her political support before a possible 2020 matchup. So, when will the Republicans in this nation cease using minorities as a political tool?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (10-19-2018)

8. #455 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Once again.....the left wishes to do away with the "common sense" element of finding THE TRUTH. To suggest that she was told she had native American blood is sufficient enough to have her registered as a Native American faculty member in order to demonstrate that an "ivy league" college is fulfilling its affirmative action quota is the same logic or lack thereof in suggesting that ALL WOMEN must be believed as a victim of male misogyny and or rape because she has made an accusation...……...Evidence be damned? LMAO

As far as a supposed SCIENTIFIC TEST that can do no better than finding a range of positivity running from a micro percentile to percentages ranging in the whole numbers....reveals much about the testing procedures.....not to mention the fact that a great many European immigrants test positive for native American DNA because their ancestry has been diluted by Asia ancestry reveals even more.

In Short.....SHE LIED HER ASS OFF and was exposed as a liar in the national press. Its like BJ BILL.....its not the BLOW JOB....its the lies he told about the BLOW JOBS.

As I have stated....."personally" to me...….this type of lie is far more severe than some of the other left wing politicians lying in relation to STOLEN VALOR. When will the democrats in this nation cease using minorities as some type of political tool? Liberal my ass.....progressive my ass....the only thing that has changed in the democratic party since the days of Andrew Jackson is the size and scope of the lies and the fact they have come out of their fascist closet in full view of the people who vote.
    As alway wrong. She was told she had a trace iof Indian heritage and the DNA test proved it. Those who hired her said there was no talk about heritage when she was hired. She had a great education, great expertise and great experience. That was the reason they were so happy to add her to the staff. She has authored many, many books and ran agencies. That expertise and experience is hard to find. You low level haters should be ashamed.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-19-2018), Frank Apisa (10-19-2018)

10. #456 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Elizabeth Warren is one of the greatest American patriots alive today.
    YES! Too bad she's mental.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Why not rely on what the Homeboys have to say about it?

Cherokee Nation Calls Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test 'Wrong
    Cherokee Nation responds to Senator Warren, says DNA test 'useless ...
    Cherokee Nation slams Warren's DNA test

3 days ago - [Analysis: Why the Cherokee Nation's rebuke of Elizabeth Warren matters] ... Nation's rebuke marks a dramatic shift in its response to Warren.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...arren-matters/

3 days ago - The Cherokee Nation's secretary of state, Chuck Hoskin Jr., released a blistering statement Monday in response to the test showing Warren ...'

4 days ago - Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. issued the following statement Monday in response to Senator Elizabeth Warren's DNA ...

4 days ago - Cherokee Nation Calls Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test 'Inappropriate and ...

4 days ago - The Secretary of State for the Cherokee Nation issued a scathing response to Elizabeth Warren's DNA report claiming she was part American ...
    Last edited by bhaktajan; 10-19-2018 at 12:33 PM.

11. #457 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,659 Times in 7,357 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    YES! Too bad she's mental.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Why not rely on what the Homeboys have to say about it?

Cherokee Nation Calls Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test 'Wrong
    Cherokee Nation responds to Senator Warren, says DNA test 'useless ...
    Cherokee Nation slams Warren's DNA test

3 days ago - [Analysis: Why the Cherokee Nation's rebuke of Elizabeth Warren matters] ... Nation's rebuke marks a dramatic shift in its response to Warren.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ught-dna-test/

3 days ago - The Cherokee Nation's secretary of state, Chuck Hoskin Jr., released a blistering statement Monday in response to the test showing Warren ...'

4 days ago - Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. issued the following statement Monday in response to Senator Elizabeth Warren's DNA ...

4 days ago - Cherokee Nation Calls Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test 'Inappropriate and ...

4 days ago - The Secretary of State for the Cherokee Nation issued a scathing response to Elizabeth Warren's DNA report claiming she was part American ...
    You got links to back up ANY of that?

PS...your WaPo link doesn't work.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

12. #458 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    You got links to back up ANY of that?

PS...your WaPo link doesn't work.
    I corrected it. All the citations are the googled headlines.

Thank you ... I owe you a rightwing rebuttal some time soon.

Here it is again:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...arren-matters/

13. #459 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    LOL... can't help but notice they didn't say anything about how strong her "Native American" DNA was. They just said 'everyone else is wrong'.

Typical liberal media hacks trying to protect the next Hillary Clinton.
    The fact is, idiot, it doesn't matter.

She told a story handed down in her family. That's it.

Not a single one of you morons can prove that:

1) She lied
    2) That there any person gain from the claim

All you can do is soil your collective Depends on the % of the DNA.

Pathetic, obsessive dimwits

14. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (10-19-2018)

15. #460 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

liar

16. #461 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

She will do or say anything to try and get special treatment.
    What special treatment did she get? Be specific.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. #462 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

She will do or say anything to try and get special treatment.
    Specifically, what special treatment did she get?

― Charles Dickens

18. #463 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I don't think she has stopped at all.

I think she is going full-tilt.

And I suspect the assholes of the right want to say, "Oh, please, please pick her."

I also see that the assholes of the right are doing everything they can to denigrate her...so she has as little chance of getting the nomination as possible.

So...it seems the assholes of the right are working at cross purposes...or, the assholes of the right are just full of shit and are saying whatever comes to their minds, because that is what their Dear Leader does.

Frankie, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to that shitshow that is going to be the democrat party nomination process.

Don't think Shrillary isn't thinking about throwing her hat back in the ring. She thinks she was robbed. Robbed I say.

Then you got Spartacus and Kamala and Fauxcahontas and Juliana Castro and Bernie and Michael Avenatti and Tom Hanks and Oprah Winfrey

Are you fucking kidding me? It is going to be a hoot and a half watching them try to out socialist the other.

19. #464 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Frankie, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to that shitshow that is going to be the democrat party nomination process.

Don't think Shrillary isn't thinking about throwing her hat back in the ring. She thinks she was robbed. Robbed I say.

Then you got Spartacus and Kamala and Fauxcahontas and Juliana Castro and Bernie and Michael Avenatti and Tom Hanks and Oprah Winfrey

Are you fucking kidding me? It is going to be a hoot and a half watching them try to out socialist the other.
    Okay...then we are both going to enjoy it.

Can't ask for better than that.

20. #465 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    25% DNA just barely entitles a person to claim heritage, and 50% of mine goes unrecognized. 10% is probably past the limit of what is legitimate.

!/!000 and staking a claim = fraud, theft, lying, cheating racist.
    The irony of a trump supporter calling someone a fraud, thief, lying, cheating racist. Have you been living on another planet for the last two years?

― Charles Dickens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

domer76 (10-19-2018)