Thread: A point about Elizabeth Warren's Native American Ancestry

1. #376 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    As you're keenly aware, she does, in fact, share ancestry with Native Americans.
    25% DNA just barely entitles a person to claim heritage, and 50% of mine goes unrecognized. 10% is probably past the limit of what is legitimate.

!/!000 and staking a claim = fraud, theft, lying, cheating racist.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #377 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Stop shielding America's whitest racist.
    Trump? I have NEVER shielded him.

1/1000% of ANY race in a person's DNA does not mean that the person can claim that as their heritage.
    She said she had Native American ancestry, based on family stories. Turns out she was right. I understand this really hurts your feelings, since the orange one committed the loonies on the right to denying it, but now you know you were wrong. Accept your mistake, learn from it, and move on. Throwing a tantrum with racist epithets merely calls attention to your error.

3. #378 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Claiming to share heritage with a people who make up 1/1000% of her DNA is downright fraud.
    First, can we all just take a step back and have a good laugh at how absurdly horrible right-wingers are with basic elementary-school-level math? The actual expert claim was that she had a Native American ancestor 6 to 10 generations ago. Obviously, that's between about 1.53% and 0.10%. 1/1000% would be 0.001%. You're off by two orders of magnitude from the low-end estimate and by three orders of magnitude from the high end. A two-orders-of-magnitude error would be akin to me estimating that Donald Trump weighs 12 tons. It takes a special kind of poor education to screw up that big.

Anyway, setting aside your severe difficulties with mathematics, her claim was about ancestry. She said that her family history spoke of distant Native American ancestors. We've long known she was telling the truth when she recounting hearing those stories, since even right-wing members of her family have confirmed that oral history. Now we also know that those stories, themselves, were truthful, since she does, in fact, have distant Native American ancestors. This has triggered an epic meltdown among the right-wing snowflakes, since they hate the idea that Trump led them into such an embarrassing situation. So now they're trying to pivot to vague attacks about how it's wrong to claim a heritage (whatever that means) without some specified DNA component.

She stole from Native American Indians
    You know perfectly well she did nothing of the sort. Even if, in some metaphysical sense, she made a claim to that heritage, based on distant ancestry, that doesn't steal anything. That heritage is still there for anyone who had it before.

4. #379 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Warren claimed Indian blood back long ago. She never claimed she was an Indian with a huge percentage. Never. That is Emertos claim over and over. Not Warrens. . Her DNA test proved she was correct, just like she said, a trace of Indian heritage. Scientific proof. Glad that discussion is over and settled.

5. #380 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

25% DNA just barely entitles a person to claim heritage
    According to what? Let's say, for example, that among the passengers of the Mayflower were four of my own ancestors. Would I be entitled to claim that Pilgrim heritage? Well, based on an average generation length of 30 years, that was about 13 generations ago. So, I'd have about 8,192 grandparents at that point. Four out of 8,192 would be about 0.05%. Far less of my DNA would consist of that of Mayflower passengers than Warren's does of Native Americans. Yet, should that mean I have no right to claim Pilgrim heritage? If so, then I suppose just about nobody could claim heritage based on pretty much anything from before a couple centuries ago, since those contributions from our ancestors would be incredibly diluted by now.

I don't recognize an arbitrary DNA percentage cut-off for when someone can claim heritage. Tribal affiliation is another matter. That's a political thing, determined by those who control those political units. In the same way that a nation can deny someone citizenship even if she can prove she's 100% descended from people of that nation, a Native American tribe can deny membership to whoever their own internal rules determine. But Warren isn't trying to claim tribal membership. She's just pointing out, correctly, that she has some Native American ancestors. For some reason, this has reduced right wingers into blubbering messes.

6. #381 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

First, can we all just take a step back and have a good laugh at how absurdly horrible right-wingers are with basic elementary-school-level math? The actual expert claim was that she had a Native American ancestor 6 to 10 generations ago. Obviously, that's between about 1.53% and 0.10%. 1/1000% would be 0.001%. You're off by two orders of magnitude from the low-end estimate and by three orders of magnitude from the high end. A two-orders-of-magnitude error would be akin to me estimating that Donald Trump weighs 12 tons. It takes a special kind of poor education to screw up that big.

Anyway, setting aside your severe difficulties with mathematics, her claim was about ancestry. She said that her family history spoke of distant Native American ancestors. We've long known she was telling the truth when she recounting hearing those stories, since even right-wing members of her family have confirmed that oral history. Now we also know that those stories, themselves, were truthful, since she does, in fact, have distant Native American ancestors. This has triggered an epic meltdown among the right-wing snowflakes, since they hate the idea that Trump led them into such an embarrassing situation. So now they're trying to pivot to vague attacks about how it's wrong to claim a heritage (whatever that means) without some specified DNA component.

You know perfectly well she did nothing of the sort. Even if, in some metaphysical sense, she made a claim to that heritage, based on distant ancestry, that doesn't steal anything. That heritage is still there for anyone who had it before.
    Must be a slow day for news. No Stormy Daniels defamation of character lawsuits, no Mueller indictments, no terrorists attacks, no hurricanes.

7. #382 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

It looks like that stuff you posted has already been filtered and edited for lefties. You didn't post links like I did, so I am not sure what lefty source you used. No big deal though, since you are fighting for the left. Evince probably won't request a source link from you.

Yep, she hijacked Indian Heritage for personal gain. She is America's whitest racist for doing this.
    Still waiting for you to prove her personal gain. I posted her history. Refute it.

Keep drooling, loser.

8. #383 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Must be a slow day for news. No Stormy Daniels defamation of character lawsuits, no Mueller indictments, no terrorists attacks, no hurricanes.
    No, but it’s been fun nonetheless lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #384 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    No, but it’s been fun nonetheless lol.
    That is what this posting stuff is all about, Darth.

Fun.

Enjoying the challenge.

It's like golf...only no outdoors, no course, no balls, no clubs, no bag, no swings...

...uhhh, well maybe it is not like golf.

10. #385 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    That is what this posting stuff is all about, Darth.

Fun.

Enjoying the challenge.

It's like golf...only no outdoors, no course, no balls, no clubs, no bag, no swings...

...uhhh, well maybe it is not like golf.
    Golf is over rated, Frankie.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #386 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    LOL! What a retarded OP!

And all the moron JJP leftists retards liked! This is great!

She lied and said she was NA to get into harvard. There is a reason she lied. She lied to benefit herself.
    Did you emigrate from Ireland?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. #387 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

According to what? Let's say, for example, that among the passengers of the Mayflower were four of my own ancestors. Would I be entitled to claim that Pilgrim heritage? Well, based on an average generation length of 30 years, that was about 13 generations ago. So, I'd have about 8,192 grandparents at that point. Four out of 8,192 would be about 0.05%. Far less of my DNA would consist of that of Mayflower passengers than Warren's does of Native Americans. Yet, should that mean I have no right to claim Pilgrim heritage? If so, then I suppose just about nobody could claim heritage based on pretty much anything from before a couple centuries ago, since those contributions from our ancestors would be incredibly diluted by now.

I don't recognize an arbitrary DNA percentage cut-off for when someone can claim heritage. Tribal affiliation is another matter. That's a political thing, determined by those who control those political units. In the same way that a nation can deny someone citizenship even if she can prove she's 100% descended from people of that nation, a Native American tribe can deny membership to whoever their own internal rules determine. But Warren isn't trying to claim tribal membership. She's just pointing out, correctly, that she has some Native American ancestors. For some reason, this has reduced right wingers into blubbering messes.
    If you support the super white racist who is claiming Indian Heritage with 1/1000% Indian DNA, you are a racist. Native Americans are pretty pissed at her for hijacking heritage that is not hers, and you should be too. Shame on you for supporting the super white racist.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

13. #388 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

btw, idiot Trump and his droolers got bitchslapped once again on this....too funny!

Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong

As one might expect, the vast majority of Warren’s DNA indicated European ancestors. But five genetic segments were identified, with 99 percent confidence, as being associated with Native American ancestry. The largest segment identified was on Chromosome 10.

“While the vast majority of the individual’s ancestry is European, the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor in the individual’s pedigree, likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago,” the report said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...nl_most&wpmm=1

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!

14. #389 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Try reading the actual DATA you moron.
    Cliff notes version. Link is below.
    Analysis: Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong

...The most important point is this: The results in Warren’s DNA test are static. The percentage of Native American DNA in her genome does not shrink as you go back generations. There could be one individual in the sixth generation — around the mid-1800s, which is similar to Warren family lore — or possibly a dozen or more ancestors back to the 10th generation, which would be about 250 years ago.

...We are not trying to defend Warren’s decision to release the test, just to set the record straight about what the test shows. The media bungled the interpretation of the results — and then Warren’s opponents used the uninformed reporting to undermine the test results even further. We fell into this trap as well, and were too quick to send out a tweet (now deleted) that made an inaccurate comparison.

We should have not relied on media reporting before tweeting.

Warren’s Native American DNA, as identified in the test, may not be large, but it’s wrong to say it’s as little as 1/1024th or that it’s less than the average European American. Three Pinocchios all around — including to our tweet."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...m95?li=BBnb7Kz

― Charles Dickens

15. #390 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are different reasons each did. With Warren, she was already a tenured professor, so it wasn't about career advancement or job security. It was likely about a desire to connect with that part of her ancestry. As for why Harvard did it, it was probably to head off criticism about having too little diversity among faculty.
    All of her records are on this site. https://tinyurl.com/ybxajko7

She didn't change ethnicity until three years after being offered tenure. These people will do and say anything to put her down.

― Charles Dickens

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

domer76 (10-18-2018), Phantasmal (10-18-2018)