Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: A point about Elizabeth Warren's Native American Ancestry

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Saying that she had NA blood got her into Harvard? Let's see some validation of that notion.
    Wow you really are drinking the leftist kool aid.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...harvard-fraud/
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Wow you really are drinking the leftist kool aid.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...harvard-fraud/
    That's it? An opinion piece from some RWer with an agenda?

Here's his quote, moron.

"No one can know whether Warren would have landed at Harvard without faking her ethnicity...."

In the meantime, read up here, illiterate dumbfuck.

"Warren started her academic career as a lecturer at Rutgers University, Newark School of Law (1977–78). She moved to the University of Houston Law Center (1978–83), where she became Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in 1980, and obtained tenure in 1981. She taught at the University of Texas School of Law as visiting associate professo"r in 1981, and returned as a full professor two years later (staying 1983–87). In addition, she was a visiting professor at the University of Michigan (1985) and research associate at the Population Research Center of the University of Texas at Austin (1983–87). During this period Warren used to teach Sunday School. Early in her career, Warren became a proponent of on-the-ground research based on studying how people actually respond to laws in the real world. Her work analyzing court records, and interviewing judges, lawyers, and debtors, established her as a rising star in the field of bankruptcy law.

Warren joined the University of Pennsylvania Law School as a full professor in 1987 and obtained an endowed chair in 1990 (becoming William A Schnader Professor of Commercial Law). She taught for a year at Harvard Law School in 1992 as Robert Braucher Visiting Professor of Commercial Law. In 1995, Warren left Penn to become Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. As of 2011, she was the only tenured law professor at Harvard who had attended law school at an American public university. Warren was a highly influential law professor. Although she published in many fields, her expertise was in bankruptcy and commercial law. In that field, only Bob Scott of Columbia and Alan Schwartz of Yale were cited more often than Warren."

Loser

3. The Following 2 Users Groan At domer76 For This Awful Post:

Flash (10-16-2018), Irish (10-17-2018)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (10-17-2018)

5. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Let's try again, pally. It's not MY definition. It's the accepted one. Want your own? Good write your own fucking dictionary. Until then, "entitled" means EXACTLY as I posted. And, while it apples to asswipes like Trump, it does not to a person like Warren, who has worked hard all her life to get where she is.

You attributed the word first, idiot. Or have you forgotten that?

You know what word comes just before 'shit' in the dictionary? Shineola. Look it up. Right now, you don't the difference between it and shit.
    Your reading comprehension is poor. That is exactly what I said, that "I used your (dictionary) definition which is "believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

Nowhere did I challenge or argue with this definition. I merely pointed out that a person cannot know whether another person "believes" he is deserving. That means you have no idea whether Trump or Warren believe they are entitled. Whether Warren or anybody else worked hard is irrelevant to that belief. A person could be poor and never work but still believe they are entitled.

You keep missing the point that you are using that term to denigrate those you dislike and claim it does not apply to those you like--that has nothing to do with the definition of the word. Your application of the term has nothing to do with its definition.

You seem to be an very angry person. Resorting to insults usually occurs when a person runs out of anything substantive to say.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Irish (10-17-2018)

7. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Your reading comprehension is poor. That is exactly what I said, that "I used your (dictionary) definition which is "believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

Nowhere did I challenge or argue with this definition. I merely pointed out that a person cannot know whether another person "believes" he is deserving. That means you have no idea whether Trump or Warren believe they are entitled. Whether Warren or anybody else worked hard is irrelevant to that belief. A person could be poor and never work but still believe they are entitled.

You keep missing the point that you are using that term to denigrate those you dislike and claim it does not apply to those you like--that has nothing to do with the definition of the word. Your application of the term has nothing to do with its definition.

You seem to be an very angry person. Resorting to insults usually occurs when a person runs out of anything substantive to say.

Oh how thick is the irony!

Perhaps you should refer to post #197, nitwit. You were the one who invoked the term, not me. I merely pointed out that you were full of shit.

8. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh how thick is the irony!

Perhaps you should refer to post #197, nitwit. You were the one who invoked the term, not me. I merely pointed out that you were full of shit.
    You are arguing points I never made. I never said I did not invoke the term--I was illustrating both Democrats and Republicans can equally be called "entitled" and there is no way to know whether a person holds those beliefs. People are just spreading hate by using it to attack those on the other side while claiming it does not apply to those on their side.

I do not dislike Elizabeth Warren, but you have no more evidence to say she is not entitled than you do anybody else. Because she "worked hard" does not mean she cannot feel entitled. And if she is that does not make her a bad person except for people who have the us (good) vs. them (bad) mentality and think failure to agree with every hateful lame attack on one side automatically put somebody on the other side.

9. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are arguing points I never made. I never said I did not invoke the term--I was illustrating both Democrats and Republicans can equally be called "entitled" and there is no way to know whether a person holds those beliefs. People are just spreading hate by using it to attack those on the other side while claiming it does not apply to those on their side.

I do not dislike Elizabeth Warren, but you have no more evidence to say she is not entitled than you do anybody else. Because she "worked hard" does not mean she cannot feel entitled. And if she is that does not make her a bad person except for people who have the us (good) vs. them (bad) mentality and think failure to agree with every hateful lame attack on one side automatically put somebody on the other side.
    #197 - Speaks for itself.

"Warren is just a wealthy entitled white woman"

10. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    @domer76. You can defend Warren all you want,claim she won Trumps dare, whatever but you are a lost ball in the high weeds on this one. I couldn't find one news outlet defending her, including The Boston Globe.

. Elizabeth Warren, typical white person
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...QYM/story.html

But keep up the fight.
    [url=https://postimg.cc/dLGy22N6][img]https://i.postimg.cc/dL
    ^Another right winger having trouble with comprehension skills.

If defending her means telling the truth about her accomplishments, then I'm guilty. Guilty of telling the truth.

But all you RW asswipes have are half-truths, at best. More blatant lies, utter bullshit and bogus propaganda sites as your refuge.

I don't give a goddam whether she's 1/2 NA or 1/1000 NA. It was an anecdotal story passed down in her family. We all have them. That is, if you have a family that gives a shit enough to talk about their ancestors. I do in my family and it really doesn't matter whether they are wholly or partially true. They give family cohesiveness and meaning and a sense of a common origin. I suspect many of you RW fucktards have no idea what that means, despite all your "family values" bullshit

There is ZERO proof that her belief benefitted her career in any way. But RW zealots will provide their typical string of lies in an attempt to divert from the fact that she is eminently more qualified to lead this country than a pathologically lying piece of shit like Trump. You shit your collective britches over one issue you BELIEVE to be a lie by Warren, yet ignore the daily onslaught of lies we see from that incompetent orange-skinned buffoon in the WH.

Pitiable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (10-17-2018)

12. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

if harvard said "yeah we totally hired here because she was indian" Isnt that something they could be sued for?
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

13. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Being "entitled" is not limited to those born in wealth. It is an attitude which can be held by anyone even if they have not obtained success.
    I can see that, in the way that right-wingers feel that they are entitled to the presidency. The anger they instantly feel towards anyone who challenges that sense of entitlement -- even someone who works her way from the ground up in seeking that office the hard way.

She thinks she is entitled to her current position and even the presidency.
    What makes you imagine that? Be specific, please.

I have seen pro athletes or entertainers who feel very entitled
    Me too. Trump's an excellent example. He thought he was entitled to the presidency by virtue of having been an entertainer. It never occurred to him that if he wanted to be a good president, he should work his way up to that job -- paying his dues in lower-level political positions so he can learn the ropes and better understand what's needed to serve the American people well. He felt entitled to start in an all-new field at the very top position.

In his case, that sense of entitlement likely came from a childhood of extreme privilege, where he was effectively handed the reins to a major business enterprise as a matter of birthright entitlement, rather than having to earn it through his own talents and hard work. Warren, obviously, is very different. She never acted like she thought she was entitled to start at the top, as president. She worked in the trenches for years in various obscure political roles as an adviser -- just as she'd previously worked her way up in academia. Only after paying her dues working behind the scenes did she think she knew the ropes well enough to run for major office, at which time she ran for the senate. And only after eight years in that position will she maybe regard herself as ready to step up and fill the top job. I can respect someone who pays her dues and works her way up like that. It's the very opposite of a sense of entitlement. It's about EARNING a position.

Calling Warren a wealthy entitled white woman is no different than calling Trump, Kavanaugh, or Beto O'Rourk entitled.
    In what sense is Warren entitled? I'm still not clear on what you mean.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-18-2018), Frank Apisa (10-17-2018)

15. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

#197 - Speaks for itself.

"Warren is just a wealthy entitled white woman"
    It is supposed to speak for itself. It is to illustrate how stupid it is to make those claims against any person since we do not really know their beliefs and we use it as hate speech to denigrate those we disagree with while claiming those we like do not have such beliefs. It is stupid partisan hatred.

And, I do not necessarily take that as a negative description of Warren. It is only negative in the say it is being used to attack people.

16. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...54#post2660654

You Trump supporters cared a great deal....for two bloody years.

Care to explain why suddenly in the last two hours suddenly "no one cares"?

Do you think it would be appropriate for Trump and his fellow wingnuts to admit they had been wrong in slandering her?
    How are they wrong? She has next to no heritage. The Cherokee tribe has said she is wrong in claiming such. She at best was lied to by her family... otherwise she deliberately lied to get preferential treatment.

17. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    how does it not?
    Try reading the actual DATA you moron.

18. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    “She possesses 12 times more Native American blood than a white person from Great Britain, the report found, and 10 times more than a white person from Utah.“

Ah what was it she said about being NA?
    Why choose Great Britain and Utah I wonder?

As far as Warren goes, she claimed to be Cherokee

19. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    How are they wrong? She has next to no heritage. The Cherokee tribe has said she is wrong in claiming such. She at best was lied to by her family... otherwise she deliberately lied to get preferential treatment.
    One guy said that

why is he trashing someone just because they have a little Indian blood that they are proud of ?

because like his dad he plans on running for office and got him self some national air time

20. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    What did she say?

Where did she claim that?
    Moron, she claimed Cherokee status at Harvard, google it if you are so ignorant on the topic. If she was abiding by Cherokee standards, that meant she was claiming she was at least 1/16th Cherokee.