Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: A point about Elizabeth Warren's Native American Ancestry

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Certainly she's wealthy. Although she was born and raised in lower-middle-class obscurity, she has become an acclaimed professor, a senator, and a best-selling author, and in the process has become a multi-millionaire. And I suppose she's "White," if by that you mean "of predominantly European ancestry. But what makes you think she's "entitled"?
    Being "entitled" is not limited to those born in wealth. It is an attitude which can be held by anyone even if they have not obtained success. She thinks she is entitled to her current position and even the presidency. I have seen pro athletes or entertainers who feel very entitled who were born in poor surroundings.

The "entitled" thing is being used by some to denigrate and criticize individuals and they only apply it to those whose political views they don't like--it is being used in a very negative manner. I am not using it that way. Calling Warren a wealthy entitled white woman is no different than calling Trump, Kavanaugh, or Beto O'Rourk entitled.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    No irony--they are all examples of wealthy entitled white people. The staff to the early primary states illustrates what Warren thinks she is entitled to next.
    It's called preparation, moron. Part of her work ethic.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    It's called preparation, moron. Part of her work ethic.
    Of course it is preparation (and a good indication of who is interested in 2020). Those "preparing" to be president usually feel they are entitled to that position. Hillary Clinton is a good example.

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of course it is preparation (and a good indication of who is interested in 2020). Those "preparing" to be president usually feel they are entitled to that position. Hillary Clinton is a good example.
    You are about as full of shit as I've seen.

Your psychoanalysis is laughable

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are about as full of shit as I've seen.

Your psychoanalysis is laughable
    The entire "entitled" definition is nothing but BS trying to analyze somone's attitude based on their background. Another attempt to spew hatred.

6. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The entire "entitled" definition is nothing but BS trying to analyze somone's attitude based on their background. Another attempt to spew hatred.
    I agree. Your "entitled" definition is pure BS.

Spewing hatred is exactly what you're attempting.

7. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    there is no "slander and libel" in politics. He dubbed her a nickname -that isn't "slander or libel"
    I have news for you, there is no integrity or truth in politicians anymore either- especially for those who use slanderous language and insults towards others in their campaigns and positions of power.

8. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree. Your "entitled" definition is pure BS.

Spewing hatred is exactly what you're attempting.
    I hate no one and think those posters who attack others are hypocrites who pretend they believe in love and tolerance.

That is not my definition of "entitled," it is your definition: "believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

Such a definition is based purely on attitudes impossible to measure--therefore, it becomes a term used to attack those you dislike. Even though you claim they are entitled you believe you are morally superior and better than they are.

Those who fall for the party's latest focus group buzzword are just looking for snarky things to say. Republicans yelling about Democratic "mobs" and Democrats yelling about "entitlement" are just blindly following the hate mongers.

Warren can fit the "entitled" category as much as Kavenaugh or Trump--one does not have to take that as a black/white term used to attack others. It is only taken as a negative term by those seeking to give negative o positive interpretations to all posts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

cawacko (10-16-2018)

10. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I hate no one and think those posters who attack others are hypocrites who pretend they believe in love and tolerance.

That is not my definition of "entitled," it is your definition: "believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

Such a definition is based purely on attitudes impossible to measure--therefore, it becomes a term used to attack those you dislike. Even though you claim they are entitled you believe you are morally superior and better than they are.

Those who fall for the party's latest focus group buzzword are just looking for snarky things to say. Republicans yelling about Democratic "mobs" and Democrats yelling about "entitlement" are just blindly following the hate mongers.

Warren can fit the "entitled" category as much as Kavenaugh or Trump--one does not have to take that as a black/white term used to attack others. It is only taken as a negative term by those seeking to give negative o positive interpretations to all posts.
    Are you the moron who thinks he can make up his own definitions? That dictionaries don’t count?

Not my definition, pally. The accepted definition. Whether you like it or not.

Dismissed, pally. You’re full of shit on this one. Look that up in the dictionary.

11. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you the moron who thinks he can make up his own definitions? That dictionaries don’t count?

Not my definition, pally. The accepted definition. Whether you like it or not.

Dismissed, pally. You’re full of shit on this one. Look that up in the dictionary.
    I didn't make up a definition. I used your (dictionary) definition which is "believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."
    The definition clearly says "believing oneself" which means you cannot measure what someone believes about himself and do not know whether he believes that or not.

That is the point--posters decide to attribute those beliefs to those they don't like and use it as an attack on those individuals.

However, those same self-righteous posters get very upset if someone attributes those same attitudes to someone like Elizabeth Warren whom they like and then give the stupid excuse that she can't be "entitled" because she did not come from a wealthy family which has nothing to do with the definition of the word. Their bigoted prejudice against someone born into a wealthy family is what is driving their hatred, not the person's beliefs about whether they are inherently deserving.

12. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    When she does. She didn’t.

At best she proved that maybe there was a Mexican somewhere down the line.

She proved she is European. Is she not proud of her European heritage?

But why did she do it when she flat out said she wouldn’t?

Does she score more points with you? Does this make her your number 1 for 2020?
    Actually if you read the full report the dna guy did not compsre to actual Cherokee dna but rather a variety of south and central american. And admitted he used some insider tips in putting it together.
    No wonder she had to go to California with sample taken in Georgia to obtain a suitanle resiult.

13. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

LOL! What a retarded OP!

And all the moron JJP leftists retards liked! This is great!

She lied and said she was NA to get into harvard. There is a reason she lied. She lied to benefit herself.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

14. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I didn't make up a definition. I used your (dictionary) definition which is "believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."
    The definition clearly says "believing oneself" which means you cannot measure what someone believes about himself and do not know whether he believes that or not.

That is the point--posters decide to attribute those beliefs to those they don't like and use it as an attack on those individuals.

However, those same self-righteous posters get very upset if someone attributes those same attitudes to someone like Elizabeth Warren whom they like and then give the stupid excuse that she can't be "entitled" because she did not come from a wealthy family which has nothing to do with the definition of the word. Their bigoted prejudice against someone born into a wealthy family is what is driving their hatred, not the person's beliefs about whether they are inherently deserving.
    Let's try again, pally. It's not MY definition. It's the accepted one. Want your own? Good write your own fucking dictionary. Until then, "entitled" means EXACTLY as I posted. And, while it apples to asswipes like Trump, it does not to a person like Warren, who has worked hard all her life to get where she is.

You attributed the word first, idiot. Or have you forgotten that?

You know what word comes just before 'shit' in the dictionary? Shineola. Look it up. Right now, you don't the difference between it and shit.

15. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,793 Times in 32,156 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

is there anything really wrong about taking a moment out of our busy lives to just sit back and laugh at Elizabeth Warren?.......

16. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    LOL! What a retarded OP!

And all the moron JJP leftists retards liked! This is great!

She lied and said she was NA to get into harvard. There is a reason she lied. She lied to benefit herself.
    Saying that she had NA blood got her into Harvard? Let's see some validation of that notion.