Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: FED Just Screwed Trump & USA

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    A good theory on economics is the Austrian Theory of economics. The Keynesian Theory doesn't work. It is based on price controls on money itself. Price controls never work. They always cause shortages.

Before the Fed, the price of money (interest rates) followed the free market. When people tended to spend, interest rates would go up and companies knew it was time to concentrate on producing and selling. When people tended to save instead, interest rates would go down (the banks have more money available). Companies could use this signal to realize that spending was reducing, and it was time to borrow at cheap rates and become more efficient or develop new products. If too many borrow, interest rates would climb back up again, and that would again signal sales, not expansion. Companies wouldn't run out of cash to complete their projects like they do today. High interest rates would encourage saving. Low interest rates would encourage borrowing and spending. The market was self correcting. It needed no central bank to control it.

The Fed imposes prices controls on money. They keep the interest rate low when it should be high. It keeps the interest rates high when they should be dropping. They are almost always late and try to close the doors after the horse is gone. The result is confused signals for business (there are no valid signals anymore). Thus, business borrows when it shouldn't, and the resulting inflation prices them out of completing their expansion projects. That is a waste of wealth, CAUSED by the Fed. Those project must be abandoned at tremendous cost.

Under a free market money supply, what you get is a mild deflation. This is good. It is caused by companies producing more for less money. It is innovation taking place. Things are cheaper because companies are making more of them for less money. New products more easily enter the market. A car, for example, costs less because companies now make more of them using better and more efficient techniques.
    Why do you think Hayek and Keynes are mutually exclusive? And by the way, Keynes did NOT support price controls.

I know you posted more but this is enough to start with.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

So now you want to start a semantic argument over the meaning of 'bubble'???

I did. This one is setting up the same way with the modifications I already mentioned.
    Incorrect. There is no real estate bubble
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Get your head out of the ground.
    You first. You haven't a clue.
    Argument of the stone fallacy. The data has been presented to you.
    You've presented no data. Just a flawed opinion based on something you heard from judge Jeanine.
    No, good for everybody.
    Doesn't matter how many times you attempt to gaslight here...you will still be wrong.

Wages are determined by price discovery, unless someone tries to implement price controls. Price controls never work. They always cause shortages. I guess you feel that 2% is not greater than zero.
    Silly, silly child. I feel that 2% is less than 100% or more

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shellie.../#10842c5b431f

“CEO pay continues to be very, very high and has grown far faster in recent decades than typical worker pay,” the EPI authors wrote. “CEO compensation has risen by 807 or 937 percent (depending on how it is measured—using stock options granted or stock options realized, respectively) from 1978 to 2016. At 937 percent, that rise is more than 70 percent faster than the rise in the stock market.” A typical worker’s annual compensation over the same period rose at the rate of 11.2%.
    I've already asked you to do elementary school math. I guess you don't have neighbors with children who could have helped you with that.

Assuming you are one of the lucky ones who earns $15.00/hr.. Gross full time pay is $600/week. Give that person a 2% wage hike...ignoring the rising costs on everything in the process...and they now earn $612.00/week. Pre tax.

Any 2nd grader can tell you that an extra $624/year is nothing to get excited about, given the fact that the corporate profits are not being allocated evenly. trump promised them jobs, and much better pay. I seem to remember something about 'much better health insurance coverage at a fraction of the cost...it will be so easy'.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're correct. I was wrong about the real estate bubble
    Good for you. My work here is done.

I did. This one is setting up the same way with the modifications I already mentioned.
    Given that you now realize there is no bubble, I guess this post is moot.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post

Any 2nd grader can tell you that an extra $624/year is nothing to get excited about, given the fact that the corporate profits are not being allocated evenly. trump promised them jobs, and much better pay. I seem to remember something about 'much better health insurance coverage at a fraction of the cost...it will be so easy'.
    that you do not understand the concept of minimum wage as pay for either our kids working summer and or night time jobs, or for people who just have decided that's all they want out of life, is pre- second grade thinking on your part.

better and more importantly, fiscally sustainable health care is on the way, democrats are obstructing anything positive, lets not forget that.
    so Trump is forced to, as with the wall make baby steps, one thorn in your side at a time
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Power companies are funded by private investors. So are the power lines they install in most cases. Water supply systems are often private companies. They may even compete for business street for street. Even roads are built by private funding. Everything from parking lots to six lane highways.
    Power companies are built using govt. loans. Every single time. Renewable energy is often privately funded, but linked to existing infrastructure that was funded by govt. loans.

They are? You don't think people can make money building a power plant or a road?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    No. They can't. That's why private investors stay away.
    They don't fund the building of everything.
    That's not the argument.
    The Erie Canal is not the entire infrastructure.
    One of thousands of examples of private investors refusing to build infrastructure.

There are a LOT of roads that are purchased privately.
    No there aren't. The few that exist turned out to be bad investments, and are in terrible shape. Just ask Mike Pence.
    Very well. A lot of people drive on them.
    Thanks for the laugh.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Translation:

Get ready for Republicans to blame the fed, Obama, and Hillary for the coming Trump Great Recession.
    The shrewd and prescient financial reporter Matt Taibbi anticipates that President Pussy Grabber is setting us up for an economic meltdown, and ensuring that the Obama recovery is blown to shreds.

Three Colliding Problems Leading to a New Economic Disaster

Last week’s stock sell-off was merely the beginning of what’s to come

Maybe the stock market isn’t about to crash in the next 10 minutes.
    The sell-off last week was likely just a mild preview of what will happen once the blunt contradictions of Trump’s major economic moves — crazy even by his standards — set in.

“We’re fucked,” a market analyst friend of mine put it this weekend. “It’s all baked in the cake already.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-trump-737792/

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

The shrewd and prescient financial reporter Matt Taibbi anticipates that President Pussy Grabber is setting us up for an economic meltdown, and ensuring that the Obama recovery is blown to shreds.
    You notice he's talking about the Fed and their zero interest policy? It's what we've been discussing for years on this board. There was going to have to be an unwinding of the Fed's balance sheet along with raising of rates. The stock market has been a bubble for years and it's going to pop.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,114 Times in 11,687 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

You first. You haven't a clue.
    You've presented no data. Just a flawed opinion based on something you heard from judge Jeanine.
    Doesn't matter how many times you attempt to gaslight here...you will still be wrong.

Silly, silly child. I feel that 2% is less than 100% or more

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shellie.../#10842c5b431f

I've already asked you to do elementary school math. I guess you don't have neighbors with children who could have helped you with that.

Assuming you are one of the lucky ones who earns $15.00/hr.. Gross full time pay is $600/week. Give that person a 2% wage hike...ignoring the rising costs on everything in the process...and they now earn $612.00/week. Pre tax.

You want more money? Get off your duff and make yourself more useful to somebody. Don't whine to the government!

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good for you. My work here is done.

Given that you now realize there is no bubble, I guess this post is moot.
    Making stuff up about what I said in a post is not going to work, dumbass.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Power companies are built using govt. loans.
    WRONG. Power companies are PRIVATE companies.
    Renewable energy is often privately funded,
    but linked to existing infrastructure that was funded by govt. loans.
    True. Both oil and natural gas are renewable energy. Wind and solar, however, depend on govenment subsidies and government loans.
    No. They can't. That's why private investors stay away.
    They don't.
    No there aren't. The few that exist turned out to be bad investments, and are in terrible shape.
    WRONG. They are in good shape. People use those roads.
    Just ask Mike Pence.
    Why?

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You notice he's talking about the Fed and their zero interest policy? It's what we've been discussing for years on this board. There was going to have to be an unwinding of the Fed's balance sheet along with raising of rates. The stock market has been a bubble for years and it's going to pop.
    I hope the economic meltdown isn't too bad. The Obama recovery lasted for almost a decade.

It's weird how these recessions and depressions almost always happen when the GOP is in the white house. Just bad luck?? Or says something about GOP oversight of the economy??

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I hope the economic meltdown isn't too bad. The Obama recovery lasted for almost a decade.

It's weird how these recessions and depressions almost always happen when the GOP is in the white house. Just bad luck?? Or says something about GOP oversight of the economy??
    This bubble was created during the Obama years. It was going to pop regardless of who was President.