Thread: CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Are you actually suggesting that I cannot find legal precedent for MY OPINION that "life in prison without possibility of parole is inhumane?"

Get that help you so desperately need, Domer.

Show me anyone in the "legal community" who says I am full of shit.

I'll take it up with that person.

Yeah...more claims of victory.

Hey, I enjoy the laughs. Thanks.

By the way...it really is not smart to use "ouch" when you are claiming you the ass-kickER rather than the person whose ass is being kicked.

Get the help! You need it.
    Other than for juveniles, go for it Frankie.

While you're out there, keep track of the case law for the death penalty as an inhumane practice. Keep score for me, will ya'. That is, if you have the balls.

Frankie, I'll have to school you on some terms here. The legal community consists of case law that is consistent with you PERSONAL claim that LWOP is cruel and unusual punishment. But, of course, you'll overload me on all those legal precedents, won't you?

I've quoted scholarly articles that support my claim. You have provided your own lame opinion. Now, THAT'S an ass-kicking

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

I maintain that no murderer who has been executed has ever murdered again.

That statement is absolutely true...and you seem to be having trouble with it.

Your problem...not mine.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to keep calling me stupid...go for it.

I guarantee...I am not stupid by any measure.

I am a college graduate...and I went on to graduate school.

I understand what is being debated.

You seem to be disagreeing with my comment that in my opinion, "life in prison without the possibility of parole" is MUCH, MUCH less humane than capital punishment.

Okay...your opinion differs.

What could I tell ya?

I am not advocating for execution either.

FOLLOW ME IF YOU CAN:

I am advocating the following (another iteration after dozens before)...and people like you refuse to accept:

It is my opinion that "life in prison without the possibility of parole" is MUCH, MUCH less humane than capital punishment.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to consider me stupid (which I am not)...go for it. I want to see people like you as happy as you can be.

For a college grad you certainly are stupid. When you make comments like this:

Frank Apisa

NO MURDERER THAT HAS SUFFERED THE PENALTY OF CAPITAL PUNISHMENT HAS EVER MURDERED ANYONE ELSE.
    You certainly are advocating for execution especially when you make comments like "Life without parole does not work".

Guess you are too stupid to understand that.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

domer76 (10-15-2018)

4. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Other than for juveniles, go for it Frankie.

While you're out there, keep track of the case law for the death penalty as an inhumane practice. Keep score for me, will ya'. That is, if you have the balls.

Frankie, I'll have to school you on some terms here. The legal community consists of case law that is consistent with you PERSONAL claim that LWOP is cruel and unusual punishment.
    Ummm, would you mind providing one of those links you like so much to where I said it is "cruel and unusual punishment?"

C'mon...give it a try.

But, of course, you'll overload me on all those legal precedents, won't you?
    No.

I will continue to tell you that it is MY OPINION THAT LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE IS INHUMANE...AND THAT IT IS MUCH, MUCH MORE INHUMANE THAN EXECUTION.

I've quoted scholarly articles that support my claim. You have provided your own lame opinion. Now, THAT'S an ass-kicking
    You have NEVER quoted anything that supports a claim that IT IS NOT MY OPINION THAT LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE IS INHUMANE...AND THAT IT IS MUCH, MUCH MORE INHUMANE THAN EXECUTION.

So knock it off.

You are going nowhere with this nonsense of yours.

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    For a college grad you certainly are stupid. When you make comments like this:
    If it makes you feel better about yourself to keep calling me stupid...go for it. I want you to feel as good as possible about yourself.

I am not by any stretch of the imagination...a stupid person.

You certainly are advocating for execution especially when you make comments like "Life without parole does not work".
    What the hell are you babbling about.

Where have I ever said that?

Guess you are too stupid to understand that.
    If it helps make you feel better about yourself to call me stupid...go for it.

I am not stupid...by any measure. But I do want you to feel better about yourself.

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,070 Times in 7,502 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

You're going to have to find it first. Then, ensure that the error rate for convictions is ZERO. That is, unless you're like Dr. Dementia and are unconcerned about an innocent person being executed. He avoids discussing that notion. Want to step in on that?
    No. It's a real problem.
    I just think that a sane person would rather be dead than miserable.

Prison is horrific.
    Keeping an innocent person in a cage is no less a problem than euthanizing one.
    Even if you eventually release them, you can't give them their lives back.
    It's not like the state gives them a billion dollars to enjoy their time left.

7. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ummm, would you mind providing one of those links you like so much to where I said it is "cruel and unusual punishment?"

C'mon...give it a try.

No.

I will continue to tell you that it is MY OPINION THAT LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE IS INHUMANE...AND THAT IT IS MUCH, MUCH MORE INHUMANE THAN EXECUTION.

You have NEVER quoted anything that supports a claim that IT IS NOT MY OPINION THAT LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE IS INHUMANE...AND THAT IT IS MUCH, MUCH MORE INHUMANE THAN EXECUTION.

So knock it off.

You are going nowhere with this nonsense of yours.

Frankie, get your money back on that college degree.

Have someone grab a thesaurus for you and look up a synonym for "inhumane". Know what you'll find, Frankie? The word "cruel". Even a middle school student knows that inhumane = cruel. You didn't mean LWOP is cruel? Just inhumane? Priceless!

The comment about overloading me with case precedent was sarcasm, Frankie. You won't because it ain't there.

Sorry, Frankie, no case law about LWOP being cruel. Lots on the death penalty. But the inhumanity of capital punishment was never my take anyway.

Frankie, you're dying on this and don't even know it. It's kinda sad.

8. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Frankie has dementia and is projecting his lame notion of what constitutes "inhumane" treatment to everybody. And is willing to allow innocent people to die.

But, I can see where an illiterate dumbfuck like you would buy that kind of bullshit.

Want to sacrifice one of your "innocent" relatives? Since you are obviously the asshole of the bunch, perhaps you can step forward.
    You don’t get to call him Frankie

9. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    No. It's a real problem.
    I just think that a sane person would rather be dead than miserable.

Prison is horrific.
    Keeping an innocent person in a cage is no less a problem than euthanizing one.
    Even if you eventually release them, you can't give them their lives back.
    It's not like the state gives them a billion dollars to enjoy their time left.
    There are plenty of people that do just fine in a prison environment. Lifers. Find God and all of that stuff.

The point being, that exonerations, capital exonerations, happen with an alarming frequency. Now, which would a sane (and innocent) person want to be? Dead or pursuing exoneration?

I've seen interviews with any number who have been exonerated and released after 10, 20, 30 years in prison. Surprisingly, many are not bitter and are thankful for their freedom and able to join their families. Wrongful execution robs them of that.

10. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You don’t get to call him Frankie
    Thanks, cunt.

Can I call you cunt, cunt?

11. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Frankie, get your money back on that college degree.
    If it makes you feel better about yourself to infer that I am stupid...go for it. I'm happy to see you feeling good about yourself.

Have someone grab a thesaurus for you and look up a synonym for "inhumane". Know what you'll find, Frankie? The word "cruel". Even a middle school student knows that inhumane = cruel. You didn't mean LWOP is cruel? Just inhumane? Priceless!
    The term "cruel and unusual punishment" has a specific meaning in what we are discussing. If you do not realize that, perhaps you are in over your head. I have not used that term.

In the meantime, I have said:

It is MY OPINION THAT LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE IS INHUMANE...AND THAT IT IS MUCH, MUCH MORE INHUMANE THAN EXECUTION.

Deal with that.

Is it your opinion that life in prison without the possibility of parole is NOT inhumane...

...or that it is not more inhumane than execution.

Deal with what is actually being said rather than making shit up and then arguing against what you make up.

The comment about overloading me with case precedent was sarcasm, Frankie. You won't because it ain't there.
    Ummm...THERE IS NO CASE PRECEDENT ON ANY OF MY OPINIONS, Domer.

Wake up about that.

Sorry, Frankie, no case law about LWOP being cruel. Lots on the death penalty. But the inhumanity of capital punishment was never my take anyway.
    IT IS MY OPINION that life in prison without the possibility of parole IS INHUMANE.

Another opinion of mine is that anyone who does not see life in prison without the possibility of parole as INHUMANE...is nuts, as mental health people might say.

Frankie, you're dying on this and don't even know it. It's kinda sad.
    If you want to consider these horribly inadequate arguments of yours as winners, Domer...fine with me.

Declaring victory the way you do is amateur stuff...used by people new to Internet discussions. You really should not use it in almost every post...AS YOU CURRENTLY DO.

12. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If it makes you feel better about yourself to infer that I am stupid...go for it. I'm happy to see you feeling good about yourself.

The term "cruel and unusual punishment" has a specific meaning in what we are discussing. If you do not realize that, perhaps you are in over your head. I have not used that term.

In the meantime, I have said:

It is MY OPINION THAT LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE IS INHUMANE...AND THAT IT IS MUCH, MUCH MORE INHUMANE THAN EXECUTION.

Deal with that.

Is it your opinion that life in prison without the possibility of parole is NOT inhumane...

...or that it is not more inhumane than execution.

Deal with what is actually being said rather than making shit up and then arguing against what you make up.

Ummm...THERE IS NO CASE PRECEDENT ON ANY OF MY OPINIONS, Domer.

Wake up about that.

IT IS MY OPINION that life in prison without the possibility of parole IS INHUMANE.

Another opinion of mine is that anyone who does not see life in prison without the possibility of parole as INHUMANE...is nuts, as mental health people might say.

If you want to consider these horribly inadequate arguments of yours as winners, Domer...fine with me.

Declaring victory the way you do is amateur stuff...used by people new to Internet discussions. You really should not use it in almost every post...AS YOU CURRENTLY DO.
    Glad you did your homework and found exactly what I've been telling you. That LWOP is not considered inhumane in the judicial system. Now you can move on from there.

Next, do some research on false convictions and exonerations. See how many people have incorrectly been on death row. Then, look inward and determine what number of those is acceptable to you.

A suggestion - Read Grisham's "An Innocent Man". You might change your mind.

13. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Glad you did your homework and found exactly what I've been telling you. That LWOP is not considered inhumane in the judicial system. Now you can move on from there.
    I have not even addressed that question...so your claim that I have somehow confirmed your nonsense is just that...nonsense.

Please cite where it says that life in prison without the possibility of parole is not inhumane.

I just want to see what kind of ignorant scum would possibly want to suppose that.

Next, do some research on false convictions and exonerations. See how many people have incorrectly been on death row. Then, look inward and determine what number of those is acceptable to you.
    Once again...you are citing the fact that innocent people sometimes die as a reason for allowing the state to torture people by putting them into prison for the entire of their life...without a chance for parole.

Any country that would do that is unfit to be called a civilized country...and any person who would support that is unfit to be called a civilized human.

A suggestion - Read Grisham's "An Innocent Man". You might change your mind.
    If you want a world where no innocents ever die...pick some place other than Earth.

Here, innocent people will die every day...every hour...every minute. That does not mean we should do away with the many instruments that cause innocent deaths.

14. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    What we found over here is that persons later shown to be innocent got hanged, which seemed a bad plan. If they are in prison, they can be let go, but if they are dead, no good digging them up really.
    I concur. It's bad enough that innocent people are imprisoned. Executed people can't be brought back when mistakes are made.

15. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,070 Times in 7,502 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

What's considered humane or inhumane by the justice system couldn't be less relevant in a philosophical debate.
    The justice department being the arbiter is pretty much what's being debated.
    The people must establish the standards that the justice department follows.

To me, it all comes down to whether or not vengeance is a state function.
    My view is based on the belief that it isn't.
    My view is that protection of the public is the applicable state function.

Humane euthanasia of a sociopath who's unlikely to be capable of being rehabilitated
    is the most civilized and most efficient way to protect the public from recidivist crime.
    At the very least, being humanely euthanized is an option that should be offered to
    any convict given a lengthy prison sentence.

As for any Old Testament quoting "Christians" looking to punish people for being criminally insane,
    I'm entirely in favor of putting them down, too--involuntarily.
    They, after all, are incurably crazy as well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Frank Apisa (10-16-2018)

17. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have not even addressed that question...so your claim that I have somehow confirmed your nonsense is just that...nonsense.

Please cite where it says that life in prison without the possibility of parole is not inhumane.

I just want to see what kind of ignorant scum would possibly want to suppose that.

Once again...you are citing the fact that innocent people sometimes die as a reason for allowing the state to torture people by putting them into prison for the entire of their life...without a chance for parole.

Any country that would do that is unfit to be called a civilized country...and any person who would support that is unfit to be called a civilized human.

If you want a world where no innocents ever die...pick some place other than Earth.

Here, innocent people will die every day...every hour...every minute. That does not mean we should do away with the many instruments that cause innocent deaths.
    Frankie, you’re being stubbornly stupid. Courts have ruled that LWOP is not cruel punishment. You know, cruel, a synonym for inhumane. You do know what a synonym is, don’t you? And, you have yet to find anything that says otherwise, have you? Then, case closed, Frankie. Move on.

For the millionth time, LWOP is not torture. Quit demonstrating your stupidity on this.

Innocents die all the time. Accidents. Disease. Many unpreventable. Capital punishment of an innocent is in a league by itself. It’s easily preventable.

Frankie, you continue to demonstrate a massive ignorance and an incredible inability to grasp these concepts. Really now Go get some cognitive tests for dementia.

Frankie, I’ve kicked your ass and allowed you to embarrass yourself enough on this subject. Educate yourself, because I’ve failed to do it for you.