Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A teen missed the school bus. When he knocked on a door for directions, a man shot at

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default A teen missed the school bus. When he knocked on a door for directions, a man shot at

A teen missed the school bus. When he knocked on a door for directions, a man shot at him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.74102d168a72

Brennan Walker didn’t make the morning bus to school. He didn’t have his phone. And he wasn’t sure how to get to his high school.

Brennan needed help finding his way, and the home of Jeffrey Zeigler appeared to be just as good as any to seek neighborly guidance.

Zeigler answered with a shotgun blast.

Jurors on Tuesday watched video of the incident during Zeigler’s trial, which showed how close Brennan, then 14, may have come to a violent death on April 12 in Rochester Hills, Mich.

Zeigler, a retired firefighter, was charged with assault with intent to murder, which could lead to life in prison, Oakland County District Attorney Jessica R. Cooper told The Washington Post on Thursday, along with use of a firearm in a felony.

[A truck with ‘Trump 2020’ bumper stickers was left at a bar overnight. Someone set it on fire.]

A camera that appears to be on Zeigler’s porch captured the teenager, who is black, approaching the house with his hands in his pockets and wearing a backpack. Brennan testified Monday that Zeigler’s wife answered the door and immediately accused him of trying to break into the home, the Oakland Press News reported.

“I was scared. I was trying to tell them that I was trying to get to high school, but they weren’t listening,” Brennan testified.

Zeigler’s wife yelled, and Zeigler sprang out of bed, armed himself with a shotgun and ran out to the porch. Brennan, upon seeing the commotion, turned and ran from the house, the video shows.

Brennan was nearly out of the yard when Zeigler appeared shirtless, shouldered his shotgun and leveled the barrel in the teenager’s direction.

He fired a single shot, the video shows. Brennan was not injured.

Cooper declined further comment, citing the trial this week.

Zeigler’s attorney Rob Morad has said that race was not a factor in the shooting (Zeigler is white), and that his client and his wife were on “high alert” after five previous break-ins at their home. Zeigler “acted from passion instead of judgment,” Morad told jurors. He did not return a request for comment Thursday.

Zeigler has also claimed that he accidentally fired the shotgun after slipping. The video shows Zeigler pausing for a few beats before firing the gun. Oakland County Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Marshall testified he could not say definitively where Zeigler was aiming after reviewing the video, the Press News reported.

Shawn Pace, a detective with the sheriff’s office, testified Tuesday that he had been investigating the claims of a break-in and then watched the video. “I was shocked,” Pace said, according to the Press News. He watched it again, then became “charged up, because I was offended by what I had seen.”

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said soon after the incident: “It is just absurd that this happened. I feel terrible for the young man; I feel terrible for the mom and the anxiety that they had to go through.”

Brennan’s mother, Lisa Wright, said in April that she believed the reaction in the Zeigler household was racially motivated. She watched the video soon after the incident. “You can hear the wife say, ‘Why did these people choose my house?’ Who are ‘these people?’ " Wright said. “And that set me off. I didn’t want to believe it was what it appeared to look like. When I heard her say that, it was, like, but it is.”

Zeigler maintained that he believed Brennan was a threat. But Pace showed him the video and asked him to point out where the teenager had shown bad intentions.

Zeigler “took a big drink of water, he looked at me, and he said, ‘I’m tired of being a victim,' ” Pace testified.
    Last edited by FUCK THE POLICE; 10-11-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

evince (10-14-2018), Jade Dragon (10-11-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let me repeat that last bit:

Zeigler “took a big drink of water, he looked at me, and he said, ‘I’m tired of being a victim,'

And there we have it.

Poor ittle white "victims" shooting at random innocents because society oppresses poor ittle white them so much. What whiny pieces of shit.

Listen, the mean facebook post you read the other day about white privilege doesn't give you the right to ignore the law and shoot without thought against anyone who startles you while having black skin.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

evince (10-14-2018), Rune (10-12-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quit the Jesus act, white men.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

By Melissa Gomez
    Oct. 9, 2018

Corey Lewis first noticed the woman as he crossed the Walmart parking lot in Marietta, Ga., on Sunday afternoon. She was sitting in a Kia sedan, he said, as he led the two children he was babysitting back to his car.

By the time he had them buckled up and ready to go, he had his phone out and was live-streaming on Facebook as he narrated a story about how the strange woman had begun stalking them after he refused to let her talk to the children, Mr. Lewis, 27, said in an interview.

She followed him out of the parking lot, to the gas station across the street, and to his home, where Mr. Lewis, who is black, was questioned by a Cobb County police officer about why he had with him two young children, who are white.

“I didn’t know what was going on, what she wanted to do,” Mr. Lewis said on Tuesday, believing that the woman had called the police because he was a black man walking around with two white children. “I felt like my character was being criminalized.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/u...bysitting.html

Republicans can't help themselves. Their prejudices are baked in from really early ages.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (10-14-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Try to look at the bright side ... the kid will learn how to be at the Bus Stop on time.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White privilege is real View Post
    Quit the Jesus act, white men.
    I think they've abandoned that mostly. Now it's "I'm white, fuck yeah!"
    Like being white in America needs added white pride sprinkles on a vanilla ice cream cone of advantage.
    It's white on rice. Adds nothing. Betrays a lot, however. Insecurity, fear, ignorance.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (10-14-2018), Guno צְבִי (10-12-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Brennan was nearly out of the yard when Zeigler appeared shirtless, shouldered his shotgun and leveled the barrel in the teenager’s direction.
    can't do that

that his client and his wife were on “high alert” after five previous break-ins at their home. Zeigler “acted from passion instead of judgment,” Morad told jurors.
    goes to state of mind of the defendant .

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    By Melissa Gomez
    Oct. 9, 2018

Corey Lewis first noticed the woman as he crossed the Walmart parking lot in Marietta, Ga., on Sunday afternoon. She was sitting in a Kia sedan, he said, as he led the two children he was babysitting back to his car.

By the time he had them buckled up and ready to go, he had his phone out and was live-streaming on Facebook as he narrated a story about how the strange woman had begun stalking them after he refused to let her talk to the children, Mr. Lewis, 27, said in an interview.

She followed him out of the parking lot, to the gas station across the street, and to his home, where Mr. Lewis, who is black, was questioned by a Cobb County police officer about why he had with him two young children, who are white.

“I didn’t know what was going on, what she wanted to do,” Mr. Lewis said on Tuesday, believing that the woman had called the police because he was a black man walking around with two white children. “I felt like my character was being criminalized.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/u...bysitting.html

Republicans can't help themselves. Their prejudices are baked in from really early ages.
    It is suspicious. A black man with two white children. We've all heard the stories, the rumors, the unsubstantiated facts, ... black people have gone on record many times claiming 'white children are too hard to keep clean'.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White privilege is real View Post

Poor ittle white "victims" shooting at random innocents because society oppresses poor ittle white them so much. What whiny pieces of shit.
    Finally you said something intelligent. Yes indeed - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS EVERYWHERE!!!! White men are denied jobs and college placements and scholarships because of their race and/or sex. When AA started 50 years ago, white men should have grabbed their guns and shot everyone in sight.

AA is pure evil.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Finally you said something intelligent. Yes indeed - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS EVERYWHERE!!!! White men are denied jobs and college placements and scholarships because of their race and/or sex. When AA started 50 years ago, white men should have grabbed their guns and shot everyone in sight.

AA is pure evil.
    Like even under the most stubborn system of affirmative action white men would still be guaranteed jobs at least proportional to their numbers. It's hardly the holocaust.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

AA is pure evil.

The mournful wail of the poor downtrodden white male snowflake in america desperately searching for his safe space.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-12-2018)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

AA is pure evil.
    This might help you on your journey

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

No one believes the "official" story. Far more likely the kid had black thugs close by ready to rob the white homeowner. When he showed up with a gun, they all took off. The white guy did the right thing, but he's still gonna pay for it.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

19. The Following 2 Users Groan At Text Drivers are Killers For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-14-2018), FUCK THE POLICE (10-14-2018)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    This might help you on your journey

Let me just say that in the age of #believeher and #metoo I love that the Tom Robinson trial from the to kill a mockingbird movie is included in that video. Lol!
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

22. The Following User Groans At Minister of Truth For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (10-14-2018)