Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the lefties on the mid terms

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

If the democrats lose, I am going to invest in whoever makes ear plugs or tylenol, or both. I expect them to make gains but not win control. I expect them to froth at the mouth. I expect them to blame China, Russia and Baby Jesus. I expect them to be insufferably more arrogant than they already are because there is nothing like losing that makes them feel superior for some reason. Dunno. Guess their daddy didn't love them enough or something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-10-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Really just Deshtard predicted dems taking senate

Moving goalposts already
    What am I missing? I have never said Dems would take the Senate - not one time. Where did I move the goalposts?

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    What am I missing? I have never said Dems would take the Senate - not one time. Where did I move the goalposts?
    I didn’t claim you did you illiterate cocksucker

There was much talk on here by many lefties about dems taking the senate.

But if YOU didn’t say it then it didn’t happen

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-10-2018)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I am not asking anyone for a prediction. There is plenty of that.

No, what I am asking is this.

If the GOP keeps the House AND/OR gains more than two seats in the Senate what will you surmise from those results?
    Depends how the voting plays out. Remember that we've had multiple elections where more people voted for Democratic candidates in House elections, yet Republicans won the majority of seats, thanks to shameless gerrymandering. It's possible for something similar to happen in the Senate, where more people vote for Democratic candidates, but because of the way senate representation is radically tilted towards small states, that still shows up as a Republican gain.

So, whether a scenario like you're talking about looks like a lamentable quirk of our voting system, or instead a rejection by the people, will depend a lot on how that plays out.

How about you? If the Democrats take the House or gains in the Senate, what will you surmise from those results?

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I'll just continue to patiently wait for the spell to break. Just speaking for myself.
    I don't think you ever get past your severe case of TDS snowflake.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Depends how the voting plays out. Remember that we've had multiple elections where more people voted for Democratic candidates in House elections, yet Republicans won the majority of seats, thanks to shameless gerrymandering. It's possible for something similar to happen in the Senate, where more people vote for Democratic candidates, but because of the way senate representation is radically tilted towards small states, that still shows up as a Republican gain.

So, whether a scenario like you're talking about looks like a lamentable quirk of our voting system, or instead a rejection by the people, will depend a lot on how that plays out.

How about you? If the Democrats take the House or gains in the Senate, what will you surmise from those results?
    Typical dishonest leftist hack. Never actually answer a question then ask a question.

Answer this hack; do Democrats engage in gerrymandering? It's a yes or no.

looks like a lamentable quirk of our voting system. SQUAWK!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    do Democrats engage in gerrymandering?
    Yes, when they have the power to do so. However, they've been a lot less shameless about it, so they don't tend to get the same gigantic boost as the Republicans do from it.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Yes, when they have the power to do so. However, they've been a lot less shameless about it, so they don't tend to get the same gigantic boost as the Republicans do from it.
    How are they less shameless about it? Specifically?

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

I hate the damn left-wing Liberals. There is a vast left-wing conspiracy in this country & these liberals are working together to attack every decent & honorable institution in the Nation, trying to turn the country into a communist state.
    Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate & House, the 100 people in Bernard Goldberg’s book. I’d like to kill everyone in the Mainstream Media. But I know these people were inaccessible to me. I couldn’t get to the generals & high ranking officers of the Marxist movement so I went after the foot soldiers, the chicken shit liberals that vote in these traitorous people.
    Liberals are a pest, like termites. Millions of them. Each little bite contributes to the downfall of this great nation. The only way we can rid ourselves of this evil is kill them in the streets. Kill them where they gather.
    I’d like to encourage other like minded people to do what I’ve done. If life ain’t worth living anymore, don’t just kill yourself. Do something for your country before you go. Go Kill Liberals!

Kill all Christians, Muslims and Jews. You call it terrorism. I call it Patriotism!

James Alex Fields Jr was charged with second-degree murder, one count of hit-and-run, failure to stop with injury and three counts of malicious wounding. Fields is registered as member of Trump's Republican Party.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How are they less shameless about it? Specifically?
    They draw districts with somewhat more relationship with natural population distribution, and thus get less of a boost from gerrymandering.

Compare 2010 and 2006, for example. Each was a mid-term. In 2010, the Republicans had way more control of state governments and thus dominated the redistricting process. In 2006, the Democrats controlled more state governments and thus exercised more control in redistricting:

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...1938.html?_r=0

In 2010, when they controlled most redistricting, the Republicans got 51.7% of the votes and 55.6% of seats. In 2006, Democrats got 52.3% of the votes and 53.6% of the seats. Republicans out-performed their popular vote, when redistricting was mostly in their hands, by 3.9 points, whereas Democrats out-performed their popular vote, when they mostly controlled redistricting, by 1.3 points. So, Republicans had about three times the relative boost from dominating redistricting.