Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prais the Lord.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Default Prais the Lord.

There was an old lady who was very spiritual. Every morning she would go onto her front porch, raise her arms to the sky, and yell PRAISE THE LORD!
    One day, an atheist bought the house next to hers. Soon, he got sick and tired of her. After a few weeks, after the woman did her morning ritual, he would jump out his front door and yell THERE IS NO LORD.

Yet the little old lady continued. One day, she went outside and said, dear Lord. I'm out of money and I have nothing to eat. The next day there were several bags of groceries on her porch. Enough to last her a month. PRAISE THE LORD she shouted. Her neighbor came outside and laughed at her. There is no Lord. I bought those groceries. Ha ha ha!

The little old lady said PRAISE THE LORD. You sent me groceries and made the Devil pay for them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Jack (10-09-2018), PostmodernProphet (10-09-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

So the Devil is awesome. Great.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    There was an old lady who was very spiritual. Every morning she would go onto her front porch, raise her arms to the sky, and yell PRAISE THE LORD!
    One day, an atheist bought the house next to hers. Soon, he got sick and tired of her. After a few weeks, after the woman did her morning ritual, he would jump out his front door and yell THERE IS NO LORD.

Yet the little old lady continued. One day, she went outside and said, dear Lord. I'm out of money and I have nothing to eat. The next day there were several bags of groceries on her porch. Enough to last her a month. PRAISE THE LORD she shouted. Her neighbor came outside and laughed at her. There is no Lord. I bought those groceries. Ha ha ha!

The little old lady said PRAISE THE LORD. You sent me groceries and made the Devil pay for them.
    Hahahaha... but that little story does show it is very possible for God to use unbelievers to suit his purposes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Grugore (10-10-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    So the Devil is awesome. Great.
    you think too highly of yourself.......

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,549 Times in 14,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Hahahaha... but that little story does show it is very possible for God to use unbelievers to suit his purposes.
    And which god are you talking about? the muslim god? the greek gods? or the dead guy on two sticks god of the goyim?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Default Praise the Lord.

https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

See ... this proves even crazy christian type people have a sense of humor. (there is hope for them after all)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

I find it kind of sad that some mock what they do not understand, and lack in their own lives. Yet they will praise liars, adulterers, thieves, cowards, abusers of women, and the like.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    And which god are you talking about? the muslim god? the greek gods? or the dead guy on two sticks god of the goyim?
    I am talking about the Christian God because that is the God I believe in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (10-17-2018)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    I find it kind of sad that some mock what they do not understand, and lack in their own lives. Yet they will praise liars, adulterers, thieves, cowards, abusers of women, and the like.
    What's really sad is that some people just can't resist being assholes, even when replying to a harmless joke. Makes you wonder.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

MAGA MAN (10-17-2018)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

So heartwarming. Just a children’s story.

“The Bible is the word of God"
    "How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
    "Because the Bible tells us so"
    "Why believe the Bible?
    "The Bible is infallible"
    "How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, if it actually happened. Otherwise, it’s just a story.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Yeah, if it actually happened. Otherwise, it’s just a story.
    If it's a story, then it's a pretty damn good story with lots of valuable and practical life lessons. It seems like people who "live by Jesus' teachings" tend to have happier, easier, less stressed lives.

If it's more than "just a story", then... well... things get much more serious...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Grugore (10-17-2018)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If it's a story, then it's a pretty damn good story with lots of valuable and practical life lessons. It seems like people who "live by Jesus' teachings" tend to have happier, easier, less stressed lives.

If it's more than "just a story", then... well... things get much more serious...
    It is a fact that Christians live longer, healthier and happier lives. That's not a coincidence.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Racist.