Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Where I stand... because this has apparently been confusing to people...

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thumbsupkid View Post
    nonono bullshit middlefingerbang
    I do hope you grow up some day and move out of mommy's house.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Mother Fucker!

Triple take down of Truth Detector by thumbs up.
    Priceless.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Jack (10-11-2018)

4. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I do hope you grow up some day and move out of mommy's house.
    you just can't get enough of me, boy. Maybe I'll move into the dumpster with your mother.
    I travel softly through the night. Yep, I'm one of those.

I am> "the unconquerable will,
    And study of revenge, immortal hate,
    And courage never to submit or yield." (to rwnuts.)

"Indelible"

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Priceless.
    i know you love it you kinky perverted masochist. you keep coming back calling out with a rebel yell, MORE, MORE, MORE!

"Indelible"

6. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Do you keep other turds as well? Maybe some in a glass dish on your kitchen table to snack on?
    I just save them for shit eaters like you.

"Indelible"

7. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Next. Come back.

"Indelible"

8. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Priceless.
    You have to admit, ... triple take-down ... TRIPLE!!!

9. #188 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

you just can't get enough of me, boy. Maybe I'll move into the dumpster with your mother.
    Could you handle the modernized transformation into a dumpster? They say it's quite an adjustment coming out from a cesspool.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Could you handle the modernized transformation into a dumpster? They say it's quite an adjustment coming out from a cesspool.
    I don't know but your mother does via experience.

"Indelible"

11. #190 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I don't know but your mother does via experience.
    Bringing a poster's family member into it just shows what a low life piece of shit you are.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It has come to my attention that even people who have known me since p.com days still don't understand that I affiliate with the republican party. Not just affiliate, I am an activist.

On the first days of p.com I registered on that board as a libertarian-leaning Republican. This is what I have always been. I believe in personal liberties and am a strong constitutionalist. Shoot when I was nine I hand copied the constitution and hung that copy in my room, along with hand written "The New Colossus" and (of course) the Declaration of Independence, many flags from the original with 13 stars to the current flag... I'm not kidding. This isn't something my parents did to me, it was something that I believed in...

When I say I believe in personal liberties it means I disagree with the platform on some issues, particularly:

I have always been for Gay Marriage, though I believe that the government should never have been involved with choosing your partners other than to ensure that nobody was victimized. Laws should be against involving minors in marriage (and no, "parental permission" is not good enough, children do not have the capacity to make these lifetime-altering decisions regardless of parental "permission"), or bigamy where one or more partners are unaware of the circumstances (married to two women/men, but the both or one of the women/men do not know of the other for instance). Laws shouldn't exist that give government gifts to one type of relationship over another, because it is none of their business and the constitution simply doesn't give the federal government that kind of power of the minutiae of our lives. This involves 1st Amendment freedoms as well, in that the government pretty much passed anti-bigamy laws to stop "Mormons" from taking more than one wife. If all involved are adults and know the circumstances it is not the place of the government to judge the worthiness of their relationship/s.

I am also anti-prohibition. I believe that such laws only generate the violence that always comes with black-market turf wars and that you should have the ability to wreck your own life if you are an adult. At best, government should involve themselves in helping people out of addiction, not cutting off safe and violence free supply while doing nothing about the demand side of the issue.

I am against the death penalty. I believe a lifetime in prison is enough without government directed murder. The simple reality that we have released so many prisoners since the advent of DNA should compel any intelligent being to understand that even with "confessions" innocents have been imprisoned and executed in the past. This isn't good enough.

While I do have some disagreements with the platform, I do not have the central disagreement that I have with the Democratic Party that cannot see an "issue" without trying to resolve it through laws and corrupted government bureaucracies. On this board, in my experience, and in political culture I see a fundamental divide with that party and my beliefs that cannot be overcome because in every circumstance the first reaction is to pass laws where less government would be the answer that I would work towards. For example, gay marriage... I believe that government shouldn't be involved at all as I explained before, but democrats work towards laws, court decisions, etc. that just add to a list of government-blessed specific and listed relationships. This conflicts with a central belief of mine that the government should not be involved at this level of my, your, or anyone's life.

This is all relatively simplified, but it should be enough to clear up any confusion of where I stand, have always stood, and have never hidden:

I am a Republican, albeit a libertarian (small l) constitutionalist Republican. I am an activist for constitutionalism, limiting the scope of the Federal Government (not to "bring back" any "good ole days" but because I believe that personal liberty is so valuable that it is worth some risk), and I will continue to be an activist for this particular belief. In this I supported candidates like Rand Paul when they are running. I did vote for Trump, but not because I like Trump but because I understand that the President appoints judges and justices and that no democrat will nominate a strict constitutionalist as a judge on any appeals court or as a justice on the supreme court and in no small measure because I could in no way support somebody who broke laws that would have had me still in prison had I taken the same action they did when I was a Russian Translator in the Navy.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I haven't explained this often enough in the past if people I have "known" on this board are still confused as to what party I have always, from the beginning, affiliated myself with.

I can, of course, go more in depth when I have the time and inclination and will use this thread to go there. I hereby designate this as the "ask Damocles" thread where I will try to explain my stances. I promise you this: I will not denigrate or insult you, I will simply and directly try to answer your question honestly regardless of how you ask it herein.
    The Republican Party you're talking about doesn't exist anymore,it's GWTW.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Frank Apisa (10-12-2018)

14. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anne and Margot View Post
    The Republican Party you're talking about doesn't exist anymore,it's GWTW.
    And yet the reason that I said I am a republican does. They still are the only party that will nominate judges like Scalia to the District Courts of Appeal or the SCOTUS. HillBillary would have sought out the most "Constitution isn't really meant to limit Federal Government" judge she could find, no judge would ever reach the courts that would actually judge a law on its legal merit.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Lightbringer (10-12-2018), USFREEDOM911 (10-12-2018)

16. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And yet the reason that I said I am a republican does. They still are the only party that will nominate judges like Scalia to the District Courts of Appeal or the SCOTUS. HillBillary would have sought out the most "Constitution isn't really meant to limit Federal Government" judge she could find, no judge would ever reach the courts that would actually judge a law on its legal merit.
    And you actually think KavanaUGH will? I thought you said you were an elitist scholar. I don't think so, imo.

"Indelible"

17. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

And you actually think KavanaUGH will? I thought you said you were an elitist scholar. I don't think so, imo.
    Where did I say that I was an "elitist scholar"? And no, I don't trust Kavanaugh. Though I think Gorsuch has a good chance at it. I also never said that every judge they nominate will be like Scalia, I said they are the only chance out there that anybody like Scalia will be nominated.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Lightbringer (10-12-2018), USFREEDOM911 (10-12-2018)

19. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Where did I say that I was an "elitist scholar"? And no, I don't trust Kavanaugh. Though I think Gorsuch has a good chance at it. I also never said that every judge they nominate will be like Scalia, I said they are the only chance out there that anybody like Scalia will be nominated.
    You said words of that affect during your braggadocio rant op.

"Indelible"