Thread: Is free will a myth?

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I get it. Never question your god. More lemming thought in your part. “He works in mysterious ways.” Right?

Stupid question on your last one. Nobody that knows me thinks that. Only you fucking idiots that I expose on this forum might believe that. But then again, you ARE idiots.
    Because I may have doubts, over certain things, is doesn't mean I'm questioning God; but instead I am recognizing the fact that I don't understand.

OH, thrust me; there are probably plenty of people, starting with when you wee in HS, that wish you no longer existed.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Because I may have doubts, over certain things, is doesn't mean I'm questioning God; but instead I am recognizing the fact that I don't understand.

OH, thrust me; there are probably plenty of people, starting with when you wee in HS, that wish you no longer existed.

Another one of your posts made out of sheer ignorance. You certainly are well-practiced at that.

What you don’t understand is that your god is fiction. Either that, or he is not the all-powerful god you “Christians” claim he is.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another one of your posts made out of sheer ignorance. You certainly are well-practiced at that.

What you don’t understand is that your god is fiction. Either that, or he is not the all-powerful god you “Christians” claim he is.
    What's ignorant about it??

Just because you have no faith, is not my problem; but instead will be yours.

Once again; it appears that you're having doubts and are just scared of that which you can't explain or understand.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What's ignorant about it??

Just because you have no faith, is not my problem; but instead will be yours.

Once again; it appears that you're having doubts and are just scared of that which you can't explain or understand.
    Scared?

It’s fear that created the need for an eternal life, pally boy. If I feared your god. I certainly wouldn’t be referring to him as a spiteful, feckless motherfucker, would I?

Faith? I prefer logic and reality over supernatural myths.

What’s ignorant about you knowing me or the people from HS that want me dead? Are you really that stupid in addition to your ignorance? (Answer: Yeah, you are)

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Did I say that was written in the Bible?

What kind of drugs are you on? I want to avoid them.
    If you are NOT quoting scripture or authoritative text, then you are either:

a] Proclaiming what "your trusted confidant told you" aka what "some one told you" and you're now proclaiming it as your own opinion?

or

b] You just make up proclamations and consider them great insights of enlightenment, like, "I proclaim therefore I am"?

Justify your authority, please.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Scared?

It’s fear that created the need for an eternal life, pally boy. If I feared your god. I certainly wouldn’t be referring to him as a spiteful, feckless motherfucker, would I?

Faith? I prefer logic and reality over supernatural myths.

What’s ignorant about you knowing me or the people from HS that want me dead? Are you really that stupid in addition to your ignorance? (Answer: Yeah, you are)
    But you have nothing but a fear of the unknown that has created in you, a desire to try and condemn that which you don't understand.

You won't realize your error, until you pass this earthly plane; but at that time, it will be to late to try and make amends.

YEAH, I bet everyone just loved you in HS.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What they expect and what becomes of it, are two different things.

If Hitler asked for forgiveness, just before his demise, and a Priest granted it; then do you believe he's in Heaven?
    Your question is like a Zen Koan.

It also reminds me of the question:

"Is a 'Tornado' the tail of the Devil or the Finger of God?"

What they expect and what becomes of it, are two different things.
    Destiny shows a stage where the Roles are played and it appears that some one Type-Casted all the performers in the cast.

do you believe he's in Heaven?

I believe that we know only what we are educated in/informed of/cultivated in.

You know what a dog seeks as heaven? IMO a dog seeks as heaven his master's status.

A wild antelope wishes they were a Lion as the lion bites into its neck.

A roach marvels at his crushing death and they still seek to escape.

A caught fish resigns its self after a few moments to collect themselves.

How can any one plan to go to a location without knowing what to expect? [Yes, if lucky, they can be led by a guide]

Most Jet fighter pilots or even more, test pilots fly trajectories via mechanisms that under went endless R&D ---so they knew where they where going.

If you want to get to Heaven ---you need precise and explicit and absolute knowledge of where your going.

How can I get to Las Vegas without knowing 99% of what is necessary to know?

Maps, reservations, meal menus, cash reserves, visa cards, toothbrushes etc etc etc.

I don't believe you can get to Las Vegas [ie Heaven] without first knowing all about the destination.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

fear of the unknown
    I'd like to comment on the term "fear of the unknown" ---I think imo that the reality of fear is actually based on:

"fear of the known"

We, imo, are taught in real life experience "fear of the known".

Otherwise we'd be called stupid.

ie "Didn't you know to avoid that?!"

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    If you are NOT quoting scripture or authoritative text, then you are either:

a] Proclaiming what "your trusted confidant told you" aka what "some one told you" and you're now proclaiming it as your own opinion?

or

b] You just make up proclamations and consider them great insights of enlightenment, like, "I proclaim therefore I am"?

Justify your authority, please.
    I was providing a classic example of Biblical circular reasoning. Did that go over your head?

I don’t need to justify jack shit to you, goofball. What the fuck medications are you on?

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But you have nothing but a fear of the unknown that has created in you, a desire to try and condemn that which you don't understand.

You won't realize your error, until you pass this earthly plane; but at that time, it will be to late to try and make amends.

YEAH, I bet everyone just loved you in HS.

Condemn?

I laugh at the mentality of lemmings like you. You don’t possess the intelligence to observe harsh reality.

You made the claim about my HS peers. Tell us, what HS wiuld that be? Then, we can narrow it to certain people who eanted me dead. You’ll fail, because you’re a complete idiot, posting out of sheer ignorance.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Your question is like a Zen Koan.

It also reminds me of the question:

"Is a 'Tornado' the tail of the Devil or the Finger of God?"

Destiny shows a stage where the Roles are played and it appears that some one Type-Casted all the performers in the cast.

I believe that we know only what we are educated in/informed of/cultivated in.

You know what a dog seeks as heaven? IMO a dog seeks as heaven his master's status.

A wild antelope wishes they were a Lion as the lion bites into its neck.

A roach marvels at his crushing death and they still seek to escape.

A caught fish resigns its self after a few moments to collect themselves.

How can any one plan to go to a location without knowing what to expect? [Yes, if lucky, they can be led by a guide]

Most Jet fighter pilots or even more, test pilots fly trajectories via mechanisms that under went endless R&D ---so they knew where they where going.

If you want to get to Heaven ---you need precise and explicit and absolute knowledge of where your going.

How can I get to Las Vegas without knowing 99% of what is necessary to know?

Maps, reservations, meal menus, cash reserves, visa cards, toothbrushes etc etc etc.

I don't believe you can get to Las Vegas [ie Heaven] without first knowing all about the destination.
    I'm not sure what the intent of your reply was; but after reading it and trying to figure it out, twice, I'll just let it go the way of others.

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Condemn?

I laugh at the mentality of lemmings like you. You don’t possess the intelligence to observe harsh reality.

You made the claim about my HS peers. Tell us, what HS wiuld that be? Then, we can narrow it to certain people who eanted me dead. You’ll fail, because you’re a complete idiot, posting out of sheer ignorance.
    But you are condemning the belief that others have, while basing it only on your fear of the unknown.

The HS you attended.
    The name only identifies where it is and not what your classmates thought of you.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But you are condemning the belief that others have, while basing it only on your fear of the unknown.

The HS you attended.
    The name only identifies where it is and not what your classmates thought of you.
    I have to laugh at you lemmings. When asked why non-belief is bad, the best you can do is your always circular practice of quoting from your book of fairytales. Pitiable.

I still see you fail on your other claim. You're used to that by now, aren't you?

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have to laugh at you lemmings. When asked why non-belief is bad, the best you can do is your always circular practice of quoting from your book of fairytales. Pitiable.

I still see you fail on your other claim. You're used to that by now, aren't you?
    Where have I quoted from anywhere; because you seem to be grasping at imaginary straws, in your fear??

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Where have I quoted from anywhere; because you seem to be grasping at imaginary straws, in your fear??
    Better review previous posts, pally boy.

So, go ahead. Tell us, in your own words, why non-belief is bad.