Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farce The F.B.I. Probe Ignored Testimonies from Former Classmates of Kavanaugh

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts

Default Farce The F.B.I. Probe Ignored Testimonies from Former Classmates of Kavanaugh

Frustrated potential witnesses who have been unable to speak with the F.B.I. agents conducting the investigation into sexual-assault allegations against Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, have been resorting to sending statements, unsolicited, to the Bureau and to senators, in hopes that they would be seen before the inquiry concluded. On Monday, President Trump said that the Bureau should be able to interview “anybody they want within reason,” but the extent of the constraints placed on the investigating agents by the White House remained unclear. Late Wednesday night, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the F.B.I. probe was over, and cleared the way for an important procedural vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination to take place on Friday. NBC News reported that dozens of people who said that they had information about Kavanaugh had contacted F.B.I. field offices, but agents had not been permitted to talk to many of them. Several people interested in speaking to the F.B.I. expressed exasperation in interviews with The New Yorker at what they perceived to be a lack of interest in their accounts.

Appold reached out to the Bureau last weekend but did not hear back. Frustrated, he submitted a statement through an F.B.I. Web portal. During his first year at Yale, Appold lived in the basement of Lawrance Hall, one of the university’s freshman dormitories. He was in the same suite of bedrooms as Kavanaugh, sharing a common room. Appold said of Kavanaugh, “We didn’t hang out together, but there was no animosity between us either.” He said he believes that “there were two sides to Brett.” Those who have described the judge as studious and somewhat reserved or shy are correct, he said. He added, “That was true part of the time, but so are the other things that have been said about him. He drank a lot, and when he was drinking he could be aggressive, and belligerent. He wasn’t beating people up, but there was an edge and an obnoxiousness that I could see at the hearings. When I saw clips”—of Kavanaugh’s Senate testimony—“I remembered it immediately.”

Ramirez said that the F.B.I. agents she spoke to interviewed her in a comprehensive and sensitive manner. Several of their questions appeared to mirror Republican speculation that the allegations against Kavanaugh were coördinated by Democrats or were otherwise politically motivated. (Ramirez said that neither was true.) “They asked me if I’d ever been in touch with Dr. Christine Ford,” Ramirez recalled, “and if I knew how reporters got my name.” She told the agents that she has never had contact with Ford and began receiving calls from reporters unbidden. Ramirez said that her main concern, after her F.B.I. interview, was that the agents who interviewed her might not be the same ones talking to people who could corroborate her account—she felt that continuity was important. But she had not anticipated that people she believed had relevant information wouldn’t even be interviewed. “Being told that these people haven’t even been contacted,” Ramirez said, “it’s very troubling to me.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...UwMDMxNzE0OQS2

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilhelm Zenz For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (10-04-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Too bad the Dems didn't take control of this from jump, eh? They could have started a perfectly legit confidential investigation on their own with the FBI and all the bells and whistles......IF they had wanted to. Well, they didn't and this is what they get. They opted for a delay scheme and shenanigans. Another fail.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Sailor (10-04-2018), USFREEDOM911 (10-04-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Zenz View Post
    Frustrated potential witnesses who have been unable to speak with the F.B.I. agents conducting the investigation into sexual-assault allegations against Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, have been resorting to sending statements, unsolicited, to the Bureau and to senators, in hopes that they would be seen before the inquiry concluded. On Monday, President Trump said that the Bureau should be able to interview “anybody they want within reason,” but the extent of the constraints placed on the investigating agents by the White House remained unclear. Late Wednesday night, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the F.B.I. probe was over, and cleared the way for an important procedural vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination to take place on Friday. NBC News reported that dozens of people who said that they had information about Kavanaugh had contacted F.B.I. field offices, but agents had not been permitted to talk to many of them. Several people interested in speaking to the F.B.I. expressed exasperation in interviews with The New Yorker at what they perceived to be a lack of interest in their accounts.

Appold reached out to the Bureau last weekend but did not hear back. Frustrated, he submitted a statement through an F.B.I. Web portal. During his first year at Yale, Appold lived in the basement of Lawrance Hall, one of the university’s freshman dormitories. He was in the same suite of bedrooms as Kavanaugh, sharing a common room. Appold said of Kavanaugh, “We didn’t hang out together, but there was no animosity between us either.” He said he believes that “there were two sides to Brett.” Those who have described the judge as studious and somewhat reserved or shy are correct, he said. He added, “That was true part of the time, but so are the other things that have been said about him. He drank a lot, and when he was drinking he could be aggressive, and belligerent. He wasn’t beating people up, but there was an edge and an obnoxiousness that I could see at the hearings. When I saw clips”—of Kavanaugh’s Senate testimony—“I remembered it immediately.”

Ramirez said that the F.B.I. agents she spoke to interviewed her in a comprehensive and sensitive manner. Several of their questions appeared to mirror Republican speculation that the allegations against Kavanaugh were coördinated by Democrats or were otherwise politically motivated. (Ramirez said that neither was true.) “They asked me if I’d ever been in touch with Dr. Christine Ford,” Ramirez recalled, “and if I knew how reporters got my name.” She told the agents that she has never had contact with Ford and began receiving calls from reporters unbidden. Ramirez said that her main concern, after her F.B.I. interview, was that the agents who interviewed her might not be the same ones talking to people who could corroborate her account—she felt that continuity was important. But she had not anticipated that people she believed had relevant information wouldn’t even be interviewed. “Being told that these people haven’t even been contacted,” Ramirez said, “it’s very troubling to me.”

So they didn't interview people that had nothing to do with the sexual assault allegations? Shocking.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (10-04-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    So they didn't interview people that had nothing to do with the sexual assault allegations? Shocking.
    They didn't even interview Ford.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    this was a SUPPLEMENTAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION

ford already testified under oath. what the fuck should the FBI interview ford on that she didn't already say? stop being a retard.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

If Ford was already asked every question at the hearing, what would be the point?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Why would they? Are you suggesting she withheld evidence from Congress?

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    this was a SUPPLEMENTAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
    Damn right it was SUPPLEMENTAL! They didn't even cross-examine the main witness.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again...Ford and Kav already supplied their testimony under oath.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Damn right it was SUPPLEMENTAL! They didn't even cross-examine the main witness.
    they dont even have subpoena power you idiot. the senate inquiry was way stronger than anything the FBI could do. there is nothing to clarify with ford, she was already on the record. other witnesses were not. we cleared up those issues and have proven ford a liar.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

they dont even have subpoena power you idiot. the senate inquiry was way stronger than anything the FBI could do. there is nothing to clarify with ford, she was already on the record. other witnesses were not. we cleared up those issues and have proven ford a liar.
    pain in abortion.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (10-04-2018)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

they dont even have subpoena power you idiot. the senate inquiry was way stronger than anything the FBI could do.
    President Donald Trump on Monday had said he believed the FBI was going to interview at least Ford ...
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/fbi-...asey-ford.html

Ford and Kavanaugh weren't on the initial list the White House provided for the FBI to interview, and sources tell CNN they still aren't.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/03/p...Search+Results

Lol.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Farce The F.B.I. Probe Ignored Testimonies from Former Classmates of Kavanaugh
    No they didn't dummy, they just decided they weren't worth talking to.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ear witnesses: ie. hearsay.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

I thought she had already given her testimony!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.