Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesus Is A Myth, Just Like President Kennedy

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Default Jesus Is A Myth, Just Like President Kennedy

I was born in 1961, so I was too young to recall the national tragedy that my mother remembered with such shock and dismay. She talked often of presidential assassination that occurred in 1963, and it was clear that it impacted her deeply. You probably already know the president to whom I am referring:

Prior to his election, he had been a boat captain. He was related to a U.S. Senator, Attorney General, ambassador to Great Britain, and the mayor of Boston.

He was elected to Congress in ’47 and was the vice-presidential runner-up in ’56.

He was elected President in ’60.

He was in his thirties when he was president; his wife was a socially prominent twenty-four year old girl at the time of their marriage. She spoke French fluently.

While living in the White House, his wife suffered the loss of a child. His family consisted of three children.

As president, he was deeply involved in civil rights for African Americans.

He was assassinated and shot in the back of the head, on the Friday before a major holiday, while seated beside his wife (she was not injured).

On the day of his assassination, a staffer told him not to go to the event where he was murdered.

Following the assassination, there were insistent claims that the fatal shot must have come from a different direction.

His assassin was born in ’39, and was a southerner who held extremist views.

This assassin was murdered before he could be brought to trial; he was killed by a shooter who used a Colt revolver and fired only one, fatal shot.

After the assassination, he was eventually succeeded by a vice-president who was a southern democrat (and former senator) named Johnson.

Does this president sound familiar? I used to think so too, but I’m not so sure anymore. It turns out that the president I just described is not John F. Kennedy, but Abraham Lincoln. I think that my mother created this piece of fiction by borrowing the details from Lincoln’s personal story. After all, the details I just listed are accurate facts related to Lincoln. How could they also be true of Kennedy? I think my mom has been lying to me all along.

Well it turns out that both Lincoln and Kennedy share these common characteristics, and while this seems to make them nearly identical on paper, you and I know how different the two men really were. It’s easy to make people sound the same when we are selective about describing similarities and intentionally leave out all the characteristics that distinguish one from the other. Imagine that historians are researching Kennedy 2,000 years from now. Will they doubt his existence simply because Lincoln shared so many similarities? Will “Kennedy Skeptics” deny the historicity of Kennedy because he is so similar to Lincoln? Maybe.

There are lots of skeptics who try to deny the historicity of Jesus just because he allegedly shares some similarities with gods or mythologies that pre-date him. Truth be told, the similarities related to Jesus are more fiction than reality, but even if they were all true (like those I’ve listed related to Kennedy and Lincoln), the mere existence of similarities does not invalidate the historicity of Jesus (or Kennedy, for that matter). If we’re prepared to say that Jesus is a myth just because he shares a few characteristics, we better be ready to tell the world that there was never a president named John F. Kennedy.

J. Warner Wallace is a Cold-Case Detective, a Christian Case Maker, and the author of Cold-Case Christianity and God’s Crime Scene.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    I was born in 1961, so I was too young to recall the national tragedy that my mother remembered with such shock and dismay. She talked often of presidential assassination that occurred in 1963, and it was clear that it impacted her deeply. You probably already know the president to whom I am referring:

Prior to his election, he had been a boat captain. He was related to a U.S. Senator, Attorney General, ambassador to Great Britain, and the mayor of Boston.

He was elected to Congress in ’47 and was the vice-presidential runner-up in ’56.

He was in his thirties when he was president; his wife was a socially prominent twenty-four year old girl at the time of their marriage. She spoke French fluently.

While living in the White House, his wife suffered the loss of a child. His family consisted of three children.

He was assassinated and shot in the back of the head, on the Friday before a major holiday, while seated beside his wife (she was not injured).

On the day of his assassination, a staffer told him not to go to the event where he was murdered.

Following the assassination, there were insistent claims that the fatal shot must have come from a different direction.

This assassin was murdered before he could be brought to trial; he was killed by a shooter who used a Colt revolver and fired only one, fatal shot.

After the assassination, he was eventually succeeded by a vice-president who was a southern democrat (and former senator) named Johnson.

Does this president sound familiar? I used to think so too, but I’m not so sure anymore. It turns out that the president I just described is not John F. Kennedy, but Abraham Lincoln. I think that my mother created this piece of fiction by borrowing the details from Lincoln’s personal story. After all, the details I just listed are accurate facts related to Lincoln. How could they also be true of Kennedy? I think my mom has been lying to me all along.

Well it turns out that both Lincoln and Kennedy share these common characteristics, and while this seems to make them nearly identical on paper, you and I know how different the two men really were. It’s easy to make people sound the same when we are selective about describing similarities and intentionally leave out all the characteristics that distinguish one from the other. Imagine that historians are researching Kennedy 2,000 years from now. Will they doubt his existence simply because Lincoln shared so many similarities? Will “Kennedy Skeptics” deny the historicity of Kennedy because he is so similar to Lincoln? Maybe.

There are lots of skeptics who try to deny the historicity of Jesus just because he allegedly shares some similarities with gods or mythologies that pre-date him. Truth be told, the similarities related to Jesus are more fiction than reality, but even if they were all true (like those I’ve listed related to Kennedy and Lincoln), the mere existence of similarities does not invalidate the historicity of Jesus (or Kennedy, for that matter). If we’re prepared to say that Jesus is a myth just because he shares a few characteristics, we better be ready to tell the world that there was never a president named John F. Kennedy.

J. Warner Wallace is a Cold-Case Detective, a Christian Case Maker, and the author of Cold-Case Christianity and God’s Crime Scene.

There are people alive today, including one of JFK's children, dumbfuck, who actually knew him personally. Photos and film clips of him. On and on.

Your Jesus guy, especially the divine one? Not even remotely close.

Lastly, your mom did lie to you stupid fuck. Lincoln was in his 50s when he was President, not his thirties. Kennedy was also not in his 30s.

Your mom also told you that you were smart and would amount to something. Another, even more preposterous lie.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-30-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-30-2018), Leonthecat (09-30-2018), NiftyNiblick (10-13-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018), stoned (10-05-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I did not, and will not, read this post by Grugore. I think, and this is just a guess, just an opinion, but I think Grugore has stopped taking his medication.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I did not, and will not, read this post by Grugore. I think, and this is just a guess, just an opinion, but I think Grugore has stopped taking his medication.
    I used to have a small amount of respect for you. But after that comment, I just lost it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Jack (09-30-2018), Leonthecat (09-30-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I used to have a small amount of respect for you. But after that comment, I just lost it.
    Sir. I will take that as a Compliment!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

domer76 (09-30-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-30-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He’s a fucking clown.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-30-2018), Leonthecat (09-30-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

nevermind.
    Last edited by Lightbringer; 09-30-2018 at 05:11 PM. Reason: because

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Jesus is a myth.

Kennedy is a legend.

Grugore is a clown.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

domer76 (09-30-2018), Guno צְבִי (10-21-2018), kudzu (10-13-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

I really do try to accept everyone (no, seriously, don't laugh, I really do) but religious people piss me off and this is a perfect example of why. Link Jesus with Kennedy, and Kennedy with Lincoln, then you not only have a Trinity you have one that is American-centric...next thing you know our government is overrun with elitist globalist dirtbags who care way too much about Israel.

Nothing good comes from this.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

domer76 (09-30-2018), Guno צְבִי (10-21-2018), kudzu (10-13-2018), Leonthecat (09-30-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018), stoned (10-05-2018)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I really do try to accept everyone (no, seriously, don't laugh, I really do) but religious people piss me off and this is a perfect example of why. Link Jesus with Kennedy, and Kennedy with Lincoln, then you not only have a Trinity you have one that is American-centric...next thing you know our government is overrun with elitist globalist dirtbags who care way too much about Israel.

Nothing good comes from this.
    Christianity is not a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. Religion has nothing to do with it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Mason Michaels (10-06-2018)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,629 Times in 9,297 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christianity is not a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. Religion has nothing to do with it.
    Jesus is LORD
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Grugore (10-07-2018)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post

There are people alive today, including one of JFK's children, dumbfuck, who actually knew him personally. Photos and film clips of him. On and on.

Your Jesus guy, especially the divine one? Not even remotely close.

Lastly, your mom did lie to you stupid fuck. Lincoln was in his 50s when he was President, not his thirties. Kennedy was also not in his 30s.

Your mom also told you that you were smart and would amount to something. Another, even more preposterous lie.
    "Lastly, your mom did lie to you stupid fuck. Lincoln was in his 50s when he was President, not his thirties. Kennedy was also not in his 30s."

Good catch....

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,061 Times in 7,495 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

I was a senior in high school when JFK was assassinated.
    I was also an atheist by then.

As for Jesus, he may or may not have existed,
    but if he's God, he's sure doing a hell of a job.

Grugore himself would have a hard time fucking things up any worse.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-21-2018), SouthernUnkleRitchie (10-20-2018)

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Jesus and Kennedy were both murdered by the contemporary equivalent of the trumpers.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,629 Times in 9,297 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nonsense
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post: