Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else notice?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    You're absolutely right. There is nothing in your skull. It's an echo chamber.
    I should know better than talk with high school kids, childish post after childish post. you actually thought that was worth the effort of typing.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Perhaps you idiots will learn the algorithms are designed to give you what it thinks you want. Not hard to understand why your browser comes up all right all the time. it has learned what you like.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,491 Times in 7,582 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Perhaps you idiots will learn the algorithms are designed to give you what it thinks you want. Not hard to understand why your browser comes up all right all the time. it has learned what you like.
    Give it a try. Go to any Kav/Ford article and look at the comments. If it's different than what I see I'd like you to post it. I admit I find it a bit unusual that it's so overwhelming pro Kav when Yahoo! and most of the rest of the media's articles are so overwhelming against Kav.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    My browser opens to Yahoo! News (which I find leans decidedly left). The last few days I'll read these articles on the Ford Kavanaugh fiasco then read the comments.
    The comments are at least 10 -1 (and that's very conservative) pro Kav, anti Ford. It's almost 100% today.
    No further comment.
    Did anyone notice how often the right wingers, Graham, McConnell, Kavanaugh, etc., refer to the Constitution, and the "advice and consent" clause? If as Graham, and McConnell, say there should be shame felt it should be by the hypocrites who prove daily they have no shame, or integrity.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Give it a try. Go to any Kav/Ford article and look at the comments. If it's different than what I see I'd like you to post it. I admit I find it a bit unusual that it's so overwhelming pro Kav when Yahoo! and most of the rest of the media's articles are so overwhelming against Kav.
    How many of those articles have you actually read? And can you grasp why they are anti-Kavanaugh?
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    How many of those articles have you actually read?
    All.
    And can you grasp why they are anti-Kavanaugh?
    Of course. Most are from NYT, HuffPo, etc. The pro Kav ones are from WSJ, Investor's Business Daily, etc. There's very few media outlets that aren't slanted one way or another.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    How much you wanna bet they close down the comments section?
    WaPo doesn't have a comments section. At least for this topic.
    This is interesting:
    New York Times deletes Twitter poll asking if Ford’s testimony is ‘credible
    https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/new-yo...-credible/amp/

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...2008-not-2012/

She says that the seminal event that led to these memories coming up were a big fight over a remodel she and her husband did in 2012. That was in her opening statement and it was in her sworn testimony.

The thing is, according to building permits the work was done in 2008.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All. Of course. Most are from NYT, HuffPo, etc. The pro Kav ones are from WSJ, Investor's Business Daily, etc. There's very few media outlets that aren't slanted one way or another.
    Admit it. You haven't read many articles as to why civil rights groups, unions, and most constitutional scholars, have opposed the nomination of Kavanaugh. Forget about the Ford allegations. Look at his opinions on the power of the Presidency, torture, gerrymandering, etc.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Admit it. You haven't read many articles as to why civil rights groups, unions, and most constitutional scholars, have opposed the nomination of Kavanaugh.
    Pretty much already did . Apparently you skipped the OP. I specifically said the articles I saw in Yahoo! News.
    Forget about the Ford allegations. Look at his opinions on the power of the Presidency, torture, gerrymandering, etc.
    You're changing the subject of the OP. At this point his confirmation no longer has anything to do with his positions.
    And personally I no longer think Ford has anything to do with it either. His confirmation looks like a done deal to me.
    I'm just commenting here, not taking sides other than the side of fairness.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Pretty much already did . Apparently you skipped the OP. I specifically said the articles I saw in Yahoo! News. You're changing the subject of the OP. At this point his confirmation no longer has anything to do with his positions.
    And personally I no longer think Ford has anything to do with it either. His confirmation looks like a done deal to me.
    I'm just commenting here, not taking sides other than the side of fairness.
    Fairness? That is a joke. The comments of Graham, Kavanaugh, McConnell, and others about the "advice and consent" clause after what they did to Obama over his nomination? It has all to do with his positions on other topics, not just the Ford fiasco. That is what their jobs is, not this just give it to Trump bull shit. You are right that it looks like a "done deal" just as it did when he was nominated.