Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesus own family prove that he was NOT divine

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Jesus is the nice Dominican kid who did the brake job on my Grand Cherokee this past July.
    He went back to college earlier this month.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

kudzu (09-26-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I have always thought the Muslim conception of the man known as Jesus is more plausible - he was a great prophet, second only to Muhammad, but none of the prophets were divine in any sense.

That said, it doesn't bug me in the least if some want to consider Jesus divine.
    I just have no time or interest in the knuckleheads who deny evolution, claim the Earth in 6,000 years old, and practice any kind of intolerance towards other spiritual and theological traditions.
    His tomb is empty. Jesus was crucified. He died. And after 2000 years, no one can produce His body.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Are you unable to follow the thread?
    yes...I can.....it has absolutely nothing to do with the doctrine of original sin.....

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    jesus was NOT the Son of God, was not divine and was probably not even crucified, according to letters allegedly written by his own family.

In the original Book of James, which is believed to have been written in the first century making it one of the oldest Christian texts, it describes Jesus as his followers’ “master”, but there is no mention of divinity.

There is not even a mention that Jesus was crucified – one of the cornerstones of the Christian faith.

“The thing about the Book of James, it’s the teachings of Jesus, not the teachings about Jesus. James passes on what he got from his brother – you could say it has no theology.

“Doesn’t mention the cross of Christ, doesn’t mention the blood of Jesus, doesn’t mention forgiving sins through believing in the Lord – nothing like that.”

One of the earliest Christian books – The Didache or The Teachings of the Twelve Apostles – which was written when Christ’s surviving family were still alive in the first century AD, also seems to paint Jesus as a human, and recommends people follow his teachings, rather than the man himself.

The early Christian church hid these books for centuries in order to push a different story of Christ.

However, one seems to have slipped through.

In The Bible, a letter from Jude, another of Christ’s brothers, seems to show that the people who personally knew Jesus were growing tired of the followers who had jumped onto Christianity and were pushing the divine agenda.

In a Dr Robert Beckford documentary called ‘The Secret of Jesus’, James Tabor, a Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, says that the letters from James, the younger brother of Jesus, blow Christianity wide open.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...es-crucifixion
    Explain the Holy Spirit!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    jesus was NOT the Son of God, was not divine and was probably not even crucified, according to letters allegedly written by his own family.

In the original Book of James, which is believed to have been written in the first century making it one of the oldest Christian texts, it describes Jesus as his followers’ “master”, but there is no mention of divinity.

There is not even a mention that Jesus was crucified – one of the cornerstones of the Christian faith.

“The thing about the Book of James, it’s the teachings of Jesus, not the teachings about Jesus. James passes on what he got from his brother – you could say it has no theology.

“Doesn’t mention the cross of Christ, doesn’t mention the blood of Jesus, doesn’t mention forgiving sins through believing in the Lord – nothing like that.”

One of the earliest Christian books – The Didache or The Teachings of the Twelve Apostles – which was written when Christ’s surviving family were still alive in the first century AD, also seems to paint Jesus as a human, and recommends people follow his teachings, rather than the man himself.

The early Christian church hid these books for centuries in order to push a different story of Christ.

However, one seems to have slipped through.

In The Bible, a letter from Jude, another of Christ’s brothers, seems to show that the people who personally knew Jesus were growing tired of the followers who had jumped onto Christianity and were pushing the divine agenda.

In a Dr Robert Beckford documentary called ‘The Secret of Jesus’, James Tabor, a Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, says that the letters from James, the younger brother of Jesus, blow Christianity wide open.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...es-crucifixion
    Even if I grant you everything that you are asserting here (believe me, I don't), there is still no proof.

Religion is an open functional system. Proofs do not exist in open functional systems... They only exist in closed functional systems such as logic and mathematics.