Members banned from this thread: SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426 and Into the Night

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh Has His Own #MeToo Moment. Ford Not Alone Assault Pattern Developing.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Irthriuth,

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    really? because even fords friends for example, (some who are women) deny the claims.
    Some of them do. And if you are looking for something to justify your position, there it is. It also helps to block out conflicting information.

The right thing to do is stop the rush to confirm and conduct a thorough investigation.

These are credible allegations and should be investigated.

Of course, that assumes these people are really serving their States and the USA instead of their party.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    So Kavanaugh's little friends and fellow right-wing assholes deny it and that automatically makes the allegations false?

Let's put everyone on both sides under oath and the threat of perjury charges and see who steps up.

See whose story changes.
    kavanaughs story hasn't changed at all, and multiple people on his side have submitted statements under felony penalty. the same cannot be said for ford.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

America is already compromised due to the current holders of power.
    It's compromised because of what politics has become - a game between Red and Blue.
    The Blues will gain advantages but it'll be temporary. They'll overplay their hand as if they are in permanent control, "fundamentally changed" as Obama put it.
    Then the Red team will be in control for a while and they'll overplay their hand. And so it will go.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    kavanaughs story hasn't changed at all, and multiple people on his side have submitted statements under felony penalty. the same cannot be said for ford.
    What "story"? All he's done is deny, deny, deny.

Also, a Kavanaugh classmate from back then backs up Ramirez's story and has said that Kavanaugh was known to have frequently engaged in heavy drinking and is not surprised by the allegations....

A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself. The classmate, like Ramirez, recalled that the party took place in a common room on the first floor in Entryway B of Lawrance Hall, during their freshman year. “I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.” The story stayed with him, he said, because it was disturbing and seemed outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior, even during heavy drinking at parties on campus. The classmate said that he had been shocked, but not necessarily surprised, because the social group to which Kavanaugh belonged often drank to excess. He recalled Kavanaugh as “relatively shy” until he drank, at which point he said that Kavanaugh could become “aggressive and even belligerent.”
    Also, I don't believe that shit about Kavanaugh's defenders being under the threat of felony perjury.

Support the statement with a credible source and I'll acknowledge I am wrong in not believing you.

If you can't, that's proof it's just more of the same old rwnj lying bullshit propaganda.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Also, a Kavanaugh classmate from back then backs up Ramirez's story and has said that Kavanaugh was known to have frequently engaged in heavy drinking and is not surprised by the allegations....

Also, I don't believe that shit about Kavanaugh's defenders being under the threat of felony perjury.

Support the statement with a credible source and I'll acknowledge I am wrong in not believing you.

If you can't, that's proof it's just more of the same old rwnj lying bullshit propaganda.
    There are more women coming forward. We may find that several of these witnesses will change their story when the FBI comes knocking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Nomad (09-24-2018)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    And then there were two:

Vox

Here we go again!

In other news, Bill Cosby gets sentenced today.
    Kavanaugh is a corrupt sleazy liar, a pig of a man, and a political operative masquerading as a judge. That’s precisely why he was selected, those are his credentials.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2018), Nomad (09-24-2018), Phantasmal (09-24-2018), PoliTalker (09-24-2018)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

None of this is a surprise, that's what the fevered rush has been all about. US Supreme Kangaroo Court and the entire world has borne witness; it is not infected with american denialism.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Nomad (09-24-2018)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Look at this face, he looks like the type that would sexually assault women and lie about too?!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/battle-li...175300505.html

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    It's compromised because of what politics has become - a game between Red and Blue.
    The Blues will gain advantages but it'll be temporary. They'll overplay their hand as if they are in permanent control, "fundamentally changed" as Obama put it.
    Then the Red team will be in control for a while and they'll overplay their hand. And so it will go.
    Problem is: big money controls both sides.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Republicans rush this confirmation through then they are through in the midterms

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

There are more women coming forward. We may find that several of these witnesses will change their story when the FBI comes knocking.
    Yup. They're still out there dragging hundred dollar bills.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-26-2018)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Yup. They're still out there dragging hundred dollar bills.
    And you’re still a hypocrite.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

The New Yorker admits that it “has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party.”

Four Yale graduates who were friends with both Kavanaugh and Ramirez said “with confidence” if the episode had ever occurred, they “would have seen or heard about it—and we did not.” They add that it “would be completely out of character for Brett,” and the first Ramirez said anything about it was when Kavanaugh was nominated for the Supreme Court.

“This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives,” added another woman, whose wedding both Ramirez and Kavanaugh attended. “And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.”
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have a hard time believing many successful women would want to trash their lives, turning themselves into a public spectacle, by inserting themselves into this affair unless they were driven by a conviction to make sure the Senate doesn't make a mistake with this confirmation.

To come forward with a credible story like this is dynamically selfless loyalty to the United States of America.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-25-2018)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

direct from the senate judicary committee:

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.