Thread: No, Christine Blasey Ford's brother isn't linked to Fusion GPS, Russia investigation

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default No, Christine Blasey Ford's brother isn't linked to Fusion GPS, Russia investigation

FALSE!!!

Christine Blasey Ford’s brother’s job history from 14 years ago has been pulled into widespread internet speculation about Ford’s accusations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Ford, a California professor, went public with her accusations against Kavanaugh earlier this week, saying he sexually assaulted her at a party while the two were in high school in the early 1980s.

"I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation," Kavanaugh said in a statement. "I did not do this back in high school or at any time."

YourNewsWire.com points to Ralph Blasey’s time at the law firm BakerHostetler from 1989 to 2004 as evidence that Ford is somehow linked to the Russia investigation. The blog post was cited in a news release from the conservative legal group Liberty Counsel as a "disturbing fact" that "undermine(s) her story."

"Ford has a brother, Ralph Blasey, who worked for BakerHostetler, a law firm that retained Fusion GPS, the infamous DC company that produced the unverified Steele dossier on President Donald Trump and Russia, sparking the Russia investigation," the release states, linking to YourNewsWire.com.

This story was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

This theory that somehow Ford is linked to the Russia investigation through her brother’s old job comes from the fact that in 2013, nine years after Blasey left BakerHostetler, the firm hired Fusion GPS, a consulting firm, to assist with a Russian money-laundering investigation.

In 2015, Fusion GPS subcontracted with Christopher Steele, a British intelligence officer to produce the Russian dossier. Fusion GPS has said the two cases were unrelated.

In a letter to the Judiciary Committee, Ford’s lawyers said she had "been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats." They said as a result of those threats, her family relocated out of their home. The letter also said Ford’s email had been hacked and she had been impersonated online.

Our ruling
    Ford’s brother, Ralph Blasey, worked for a law firm that worked with Fusion GPS nine years after he left the company. Fusion GPS’s work on the Russian dossier began more than a decade after Blasey left BakerHostetler.

While it’s accurate to say Blasey worked for BakerHostetler — he says that clearly on his LinkedIn — it is ridiculously wrong to somehow link her brother’s past employment to Fusion GPS’s work in investigating Donald Trump’s ties to Russia.

We rate this claim Pants on Fire.

Keep trying Radicalized right wing extremists. Even a blind hillbilly finds an acorn eventually.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hadn't heard that one. You just can't make this shit up. Oh wait, I guess you can.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Hadn't heard that one. You just can't make this shit up. Oh wait, I guess you can.
    Yep. The Reichwing will stop at NOTHING to smear, slime, libel, slander, and besmirch on their march to get what they stupidly believe is "for the good of the country." In other words, as we've seen here time and time again, they act in complete opposition to American principles.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,570 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Don't you know this goes all the way back to Soros? Lol jk jk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2018)