Members banned from this thread: CFM

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2018 - minus the troll

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Clemson’s new starting QB goes out after a huge hit. I wonder if Kelly Bryant is regretting his decision.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Clemson’s new starting QB goes out after a huge hit. I wonder if Kelly Bryant is regretting his decision.
    First thing I thought when I saw that hit. I don’t agree with Chris Carter much but he nails it when asked to comment on what Bryant has done. Kids don’t want to compete anymore. I admire the kid in Alabama for sticking around and helping his team....and I truly believe he’ll play a role in helping them win a close one this year.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

My mistake, I missed Lupoi.

Your suppositions about the areas of study of the players is noted. It is wrong, but noted. As a matter of fact, in Dec of 2015, Alabama took the field with 29 graduates on the roster, including several that received their Masters Degree. We had a QB a couple of years ago that was in the final running for a Rhodes Scholarship, and a 4 year starter on the offensive line that graduated with a degree in accounting and a GPA of 4.0.

So please take your hatred of jocks someplace else.
    "sent a list of majors for the team. It shows the top four are Business, Exercise and Sport Science, Communications Studies and Criminal Justice, with 19, 17, 10 and 9 athletes respectively, https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-foo...jors/58480543/

Hardly Phsyics, or even traditional Liberal Arts. And as for the master degree player and such, SEC is famous for maximum players to include third and fourth team players who aren't majoring in "sport science"

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

He makes accusations about them not graduating. Then when told that is wrong, he makes accusations that they majored in basket weaving.

It is just one of those guys who was picked on by jocks or whatever.
    Never said they didn't graduate, rather implied they graduated with some suspicious majors, and it has nothing with hating jocks, did all the games, rather the way the big schools spoil the games, not amateur football, it is semi-pro, the only thing they don't do is play the players, which if they could they would

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "sent a list of majors for the team. It shows the top four are Business, Exercise and Sport Science, Communications Studies and Criminal Justice, with 19, 17, 10 and 9 athletes respectively, https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-foo...jors/58480543/

Hardly Phsyics, or even traditional Liberal Arts. And as for the master degree player and such, SEC is famous for maximum players to include third and fourth team players who aren't majoring in "sport science"
    And yet, a 4 year starter on the Oline for Alabama graduated with a degree in accounting and maintained a 4.0 GPA.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Mountaineers continue on their road to the national championship. This will be their year.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Mountaineers continue on their road to the national championship. This will be their year.
    Tennessee 2-3
    Youngstown State 1-3
    Kansas State 2-3
    Texas Tech 3-2

Yawn

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Might as well get used to hearing John Denver. The Mountaineer streak continues....

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Might as well get used to hearing John Denver. The Mountaineer streak continues....
    WVa is ranked #6 in the latest AP Poll. Alabama and Georgia will likely meet in the SEC Championship, so one of those will be gone before the playoffs (I'm betting Bama will win).

So you have to hope Bama, Ohio State, Clemson or Notre Dame will stumble before the end of the season.

If I were a betting man, I would bet it comes down to Bama and Ohio State for the national championship.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WVa is ranked #6 in the latest AP Poll. Alabama and Georgia will likely meet in the SEC Championship, so one of those will be gone before the playoffs (I'm betting Bama will win).

So you have to hope Bama, Ohio State, Clemson or Notre Dame will stumble before the end of the season.

If I were a betting man, I would bet it comes down to Bama and Ohio State for the national championship.
    The Irish will be taken down by USC

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Irish will be taken down by USC
    It could happen. But considering that Stanford beat USC pretty handily, and then 2 weeks later got mauled by ND, it might not be good to bet the farm on it.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It could happen. But considering that Stanford beat USC pretty handily, and then 2 weeks later got mauled by ND, it might not be good to bet the farm on it.
    I never bet the farm on anything but I do not subscribe to these bootstrapped comparisons. ND has an easy schedule and there is a rivalry with USC that will be playing at home. They very well could come in not prepared for a fired up home team and go down.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never bet the farm on anything but I do not subscribe to these bootstrapped comparisons. ND has an easy schedule and there is a rivalry with USC that will be playing at home. They very well could come in not prepared for a fired up home team and go down.
    I'm not saying it can't happen. Just comparing performances against a common opponent. Until they play, that is the best that anyone can do.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ND has played Michigan, Stanford and VATech. All of whom were ranked at the time. Granted, Wake Forest and Ball State are not big teams, but ND has not had an easy schedule so far. Almost half their opponents have been ranked.

By comparison, West Virginia has only played 1 ranked opponent. And that team, Texas Tech, was only ranked for 1 week at #25. The other 4 teams the Mountaineers have beaten have all lost more games than they have won.
    Last edited by WinterBorn; 10-08-2018 at 08:12 PM.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ND has played Michigan, Stanford and VATech. All of whom were ranked at the time. Granted, Wake Forest and Ball State are not big teams, but ND has not had an easy schedule so far. Almost half their opponents have been ranked.

By comparison, West Virginia has only played 1 ranked opponent. And that team, Texas Tech, was only ranked for 1 week at #25. The other 4 teams the Mountaineers have beaten have all lost more games than they have won.
    ND barely beat 3 of them and have no more ranked teams on their schedule. While I never said WVU's schedule was burdensome, they have two more ranked matches ahead with Texas and Oklahoma. One ranked team was canceled due to the hurricane and most of their wins have been healthy margins despite having a sucky ground game. Odds are neither will come close to the championship game, but I still give WVU a better chance than ND.