Members banned from this thread: CFM


Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 513

Thread: College Football 2018 - minus the troll

  1. #496 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    You finally know how it feels to be on the other side. Builds character.
    I have been a Crimson Tide fan since I was a kid in the 1960s. I know what the other side feels like. I was still a fan (and wore my Bama gear) when we sucked (Mike DuBose's 3-8 year?).

  2. #497 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 879 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 60 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I have been a Crimson Tide fan since I was a kid in the 1960s. I know what the other side feels like. I was still a fan (and wore my Bama gear) when we sucked (Mike DuBose's 3-8 year?).
    I remember the Mike Shula years .

  3. #498 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I remember the Mike Shula years .
    Those were tough years.

  4. #499 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    11,410
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,407 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 397 Times in 378 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Yeah, we played several good defenses. We played 8 teams that are listed in the top 50 overall defenses in college football for the 2018 season. And we beat 7 of them.

    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22
    Only two in the top twenty, and that is on a statistical based list that has Appalachian State and Army in the top six. There was a reason why they blew out the majority of their opponents with big scores, they didn't face consistent top defenses all year, showed last night

    And the Syracuse question was only for humor, I don't think Syracuse is a big money football school, probably make more money off of basketball

  5. #500 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Only two in the top twenty, and that is on a statistical based list that has Appalachian State and Army in the top six. There was a reason why they blew out the majority of their opponents with big scores, they didn't face consistent top defenses all year, showed last night

    And the Syracuse question was only for humor, I don't think Syracuse is a big money football school, probably make more money off of basketball
    Alabama beat 3 teams that finished the year ranked in the top 10.

  6. #501 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    12,407
    Thanks
    1,364
    Thanked 3,796 Times in 3,114 Posts
    Groans
    328
    Groaned 517 Times in 508 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Alabama beat 3 teams that finished the year ranked in the top 10.
    And got their ass kicked by Clemson
    Apollyon

  7. #502 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    And got their ass kicked by Clemson
    Yes we did. Clemson took it to Alabama. Their D line is the best in college football, and last night they kicked Bama's ass.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

    MASON (01-08-2019)

  9. #503 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 879 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 60 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Their D line is the best in college football, and last night they kicked Bama's ass.
    Alabama was running the ball at will in the first half. I saw no reason to depart from that. Clemson's D was winded, time of possession heavily on 'Bama's side.
    More bad coaching. I guess you could blame the O coordinator but the buck stops with Saban.
    Worst coached game I ever saw from Saban but it was bound to happen at some time. He couldn't get away with it against a team like Clemson.
    One of the commentators had an interesting factoid about how much turnover there has been in the Alabama coaching staff and how little there was with Clemson.

  10. #504 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Alabama was running the ball at will in the first half. I saw no reason to depart from that. Clemson's D was winded, time of possession heavily on 'Bama's side.
    More bad coaching. I guess you could blame the O coordinator but the buck stops with Saban.
    Worst coached game I ever saw from Saban but it was bound to happen at some time. He couldn't get away with it against a team like Clemson.
    One of the commentators had an interesting factoid about how much turnover there has been in the Alabama coaching staff and how little there was with Clemson.
    Saban's coordinators and ass't coaches get job offers. There are 13 head coaches in college and the NFL who worked under him during his career, and 8 of them were under him at Alabama. That is 6% of the head coaches in FBS college football.

  11. #505 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 879 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 60 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Saban's coordinators and ass't coaches get job offers. There are 13 head coaches in college and the NFL who worked under him during his career, and 8 of them were under him at Alabama. That is 6% of the head coaches in FBS college football.
    I know. He gets a lot of turnover due to his success. His assistants are in high demand. It's one of those things that even things out. A

  12. #506 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Alabama was running the ball at will in the first half. I saw no reason to depart from that. Clemson's D was winded, time of possession heavily on 'Bama's side.
    More bad coaching. I guess you could blame the O coordinator but the buck stops with Saban.
    Worst coached game I ever saw from Saban but it was bound to happen at some time. He couldn't get away with it against a team like Clemson.
    One of the commentators had an interesting factoid about how much turnover there has been in the Alabama coaching staff and how little there was with Clemson.
    It was announced yesterday that 2 more of Saban's staff have taken new jobs. I hate to see good assistant coaches leave. But I can't fault them for moving up.

  13. #507 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 879 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 60 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    It was announced yesterday that 2 more of Saban's staff have taken new jobs. I hate to see good assistant coaches leave. But I can't fault them for moving up.
    That's got to wear on Saban.

  14. #508 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 288 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    That's got to wear on Saban.
    Maybe he sees it as new blood.

  15. #509 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    11,410
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,407 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 397 Times in 378 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    It was announced yesterday that 2 more of Saban's staff have taken new jobs. I hate to see good assistant coaches leave. But I can't fault them for moving up.
    Did they take a pay cut? Ain't many assistant coaching positions in the country that can match what Alabama shells out

  16. #510 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,828
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,152 Posts
    Groans
    138
    Groaned 170 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Can't take away anything for what Alabama and Clemson have accomplished as they have the dynasty between them- for now!

    Clemson could easily win it all next year, as they are a very young team with a 6'6" redshirt quarterback that plays with such finesse and cool head.

    The most improved team of all last year was Texas U, and several others are mentionable.

    So look for some new competition next year in the Title game!

Similar Threads

  1. The way too early look at the 2018 college football season
    By WinterBorn in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-01-2018, 08:57 PM
  2. What College Football needs
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 12:17 PM
  3. College Football
    By cawacko in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 09-25-2016, 12:38 AM
  4. College Football
    By DamnYankee in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
  5. College Football?
    By Cancel3 in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 02:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •