Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Peace Day! What's So Funny About Peace Love And Understanding? (No thread ban)

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Peace Day! What's So Funny About Peace Love And Understanding? (No thread ban)

Awesome!

It's HERE!!!

NOW! Today!

September 21 is International Peace Day.

Isn't it wonderful?

A day devoted to peace.

What a great concept.

Peace on Earth.

The United Nations adopted this day 70 years ago. This is the 70th anniversary of Peace Day! I urge you to do something in the interest of peace today. Join all of us who cherish peace. Do something to make the world more peaceful today. You'll be glad you did!

You can support SDG 16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions by seeking peaceful resolution of conflict when disagreements arise around you. You can be part of the solution by taking small steps. You can prevent an injustice at school or in your community by adopting a non-violent approach to problem solving and reporting potential crimes, including online bullying.

The United Nations

No thread ban for this one, so please post in the spirit of peace. Show us a little love.

Don't you love being a human?

Isn't humanity wonderful?

Say you love humanity. Admit it. It's OK. Anybody who makes fun of you for that is WARPED. And it doesn't matter. They are powerless as long as you believe in yourself. If you are on the side of love, you are on the correct side. You are on the side of humanity.

Enjoy!

I hope today is wonderful for you. And peaceful.

With love for you and all of humanity, from PoliTalker...
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-21-2018 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added bold text
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-21-2018), Cypress (09-21-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-21-2018), Phantasmal (09-21-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Show your support for peace by civil posting today.

Just one day.

Can you do it?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

The Summer of Love was 1967, PoliTalker.

I was there.

Right now, we've got to take the flowers out of our hair and get serious.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,428 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It has to be sung:

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

anatta (09-21-2018), christiefan915 (09-21-2018), Cypress (09-21-2018), PoliTalker (09-21-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Right on!

Good one.

How about this:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nifty,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The Summer of Love was 1967, PoliTalker.

I was there.

Right now, we've got to take the flowers out of our hair and get serious.
    NO WARMONGERING ALLOWED.

This is a peace Thread.

Think Peace.

Just for one day.

Well maybe this day and Christmas Day.

67?

Sheesh.

You'd have to go back in time a little further to when, after not one but TWO World Wars, the world was tired of fighting. THAT is when International Peace Day was begun.

I wonder how we ended up fighting two world wars?

Must have been a lot of hatred getting spread too far and wide.

Somehow, I don't think spreading more hatred now is going to bring us more peace.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-21-2018 at 08:59 AM.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All you need is love.

Somebody had to say it.

The Beatles did it very well:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Give me Love!

Here's George Harrison:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bob Dylan wishes you well:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And that Dylan number always makes me think of this one:

"May All Your Favorite Bands Stay Together"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm pleasantly surprised there aren't more people in here saying what a stupid idea peace is.

Especially since I didn't thread ban anybody.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Great version of 'Over The Rainbow'

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2018)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I will contribute some quotes from my favorite Roman philosopher.
    “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.”

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.”

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”

-- Marcus Aurelius

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-21-2018), Phantasmal (09-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2018)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I will contribute some quotes from my favorite Roman philosopher.

“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.”

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.”

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”

-- Marcus Aurelius
    That's AWESOME.

Thanks, Cypress

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When will we have peace?

That answer is Blowin In The Wind

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post: