Thread: “Believe all women.”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Default “Believe all women.”

I don't post topics on here often and I didn't write this article obviously but I think that it is well written and puts the whole supreme court justice investigation into perspective.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...ieve-all-women

Commentary: I am a sexual assault survivor. No, we should not ‘believe all women’

By Sara Gonzales

“Believe all women.”

In the last week, this pious new mantra of the left has been used to completely dismantle an honorable man’s reputation. It’s incredible really, the idea that, in the year 2018, your biological makeup entitles you to be believed even in the absence of one shred of evidence.

Set aside for a moment that the notion is completely contrary to the American idea that we are all innocent until proven guilty, the suggestion that we should “believe all women” is also dangerously irresponsible.

We are told by the left that there are no differences between men and women, that gender is fluid, that women are as capable as men in all circumstances, even though science proves that to be completely untrue. And yet, one of the only ways women are, in fact, equal to men is that we are not infallible. We are not inherently virtuous. We are not morally superior. We can remember things incorrectly, or not remember things at all.

Some women lie, cheat, and steal just as some men do. Some women are manipulative. In fact, some of the most conniving people I’ve known throughout my life have been women (this is admittedly entirely anecdotal). But the idea that we should believe all women simply because they have a different set of genitalia is utterly ridiculous.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh and his family have gracefully endured insults, vulgarities, deceptively edited smear campaigns, and flat out character assassinations since July, when President Donald Trump first announced he was nominating Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court to replace the retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy. But the left’s latest attempt to destroy him for an unfounded sexual assault accusation is a new low.

I am a sexual assault survivor. I was assaulted multiple times during childhood between the ages of 12 to 16, over two decades ago. I can’t say with 100 percent certainty that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is purposely asserting the allegations against Kavanaugh to intentionally thwart his nomination, none of us should jump to that assumption. What I can say is that I have never forgotten the details of being assaulted. Never would I have to say, “I can’t recall how I ended up at the party,” or “I don’t remember what happened after the assault.” I don’t have the luxury of forgetting those details; they’re etched in my mind forever.

No amount of “investigating” by the Senate Judiciary Committee will yield any kind of proof-positive results, as Democrat leaders certainly already know. The Ford-Kavanaugh incident allegedly happened over three decades ago. A friend of Ford claims she remembers hearing about an “incident” all those years ago, yet backed off those claims a mere 24 hours later. Another friend Ford named as a “witness” claims he has no knowledge of the incident and was never at a party as Ford described. A mutual friend at the time, Mark Judge, categorically denies that it happened. These are the convoluted stories we would expect 30-something years later.

All of this is enough to cast reasonable doubt on her accusations. Reasonable doubt: that standard to which we are supposed to judge someone’s guilt or innocence in this country. No, we shouldn’t blindly “believe all women.” On the contrary, if women (or men, for that matter) accuse someone of something so vile that it would immediately ruin their reputation, we have to expect clear and convincing evidence before we convict anyone in the court of public opinion and permanently tarnish their reputation.

To believe all women is to minimize the experience of real survivors. Sexual assault survivors withstand a lifetime of far-reaching effects, but so do the falsely accused. In either situation, one person’s life is negatively impacted forever. It is imperative that political games don’t allow us to lose sight of that.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Norah For This Post:

countryboy (09-20-2018), Stretch (09-20-2018), USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Blaze. *snort*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-20-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    I don't post topics on here often and I didn't write this article obviously but I think that it is well written and puts the whole supreme court justice investigation into perspective.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...ieve-all-women

Commentary: I am a sexual assault survivor. No, we should not ‘believe all women’

By Sara Gonzales

“Believe all women.”

In the last week, this pious new mantra of the left has been used to completely dismantle an honorable man’s reputation. It’s incredible really, the idea that, in the year 2018, your biological makeup entitles you to be believed even in the absence of one shred of evidence.

Set aside for a moment that the notion is completely contrary to the American idea that we are all innocent until proven guilty, the suggestion that we should “believe all women” is also dangerously irresponsible.

We are told by the left that there are no differences between men and women, that gender is fluid, that women are as capable as men in all circumstances, even though science proves that to be completely untrue. And yet, one of the only ways women are, in fact, equal to men is that we are not infallible. We are not inherently virtuous. We are not morally superior. We can remember things incorrectly, or not remember things at all.

Some women lie, cheat, and steal just as some men do. Some women are manipulative. In fact, some of the most conniving people I’ve known throughout my life have been women (this is admittedly entirely anecdotal). But the idea that we should believe all women simply because they have a different set of genitalia is utterly ridiculous.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh and his family have gracefully endured insults, vulgarities, deceptively edited smear campaigns, and flat out character assassinations since July, when President Donald Trump first announced he was nominating Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court to replace the retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy. But the left’s latest attempt to destroy him for an unfounded sexual assault accusation is a new low.

I am a sexual assault survivor. I was assaulted multiple times during childhood between the ages of 12 to 16, over two decades ago. I can’t say with 100 percent certainty that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is purposely asserting the allegations against Kavanaugh to intentionally thwart his nomination, none of us should jump to that assumption. What I can say is that I have never forgotten the details of being assaulted. Never would I have to say, “I can’t recall how I ended up at the party,” or “I don’t remember what happened after the assault.” I don’t have the luxury of forgetting those details; they’re etched in my mind forever.

No amount of “investigating” by the Senate Judiciary Committee will yield any kind of proof-positive results, as Democrat leaders certainly already know. The Ford-Kavanaugh incident allegedly happened over three decades ago. A friend of Ford claims she remembers hearing about an “incident” all those years ago, yet backed off those claims a mere 24 hours later. Another friend Ford named as a “witness” claims he has no knowledge of the incident and was never at a party as Ford described. A mutual friend at the time, Mark Judge, categorically denies that it happened. These are the convoluted stories we would expect 30-something years later.

All of this is enough to cast reasonable doubt on her accusations. Reasonable doubt: that standard to which we are supposed to judge someone’s guilt or innocence in this country. No, we shouldn’t blindly “believe all women.” On the contrary, if women (or men, for that matter) accuse someone of something so vile that it would immediately ruin their reputation, we have to expect clear and convincing evidence before we convict anyone in the court of public opinion and permanently tarnish their reputation.

To believe all women is to minimize the experience of real survivors. Sexual assault survivors withstand a lifetime of far-reaching effects, but so do the falsely accused. In either situation, one person’s life is negatively impacted forever. It is imperative that political games don’t allow us to lose sight of that.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The Blaze. *snort*
    No, her name is Sara Gonzalez.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Women go into hysterics when this topic comes up. They went hysterical when the MeToo movement started. Maybe it's the hormones, but whatever it is it prevents them from acting in a sane manner.

America has gone downhill since we allowed women to vote. I wish there was a way to reverse that mistake.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Good OP.

The flip side of that is "don't label an accuser a DNC-paid liar within 1 second of hearing about it to protect partisan interests."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    No, her name is Sara Gonzalez.
    But TheFowelWoman doesn't agree with what she's said; because it makes sense and she hates strong women who don't walk in lockstep with her.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Women go into hysterics when this topic comes up. They went hysterical when the MeToo movement started. Maybe it's the hormones, but whatever it is it prevents them from acting in a sane manner.

America has gone downhill since we allowed women to vote. I wish there was a way to reverse that mistake.
    I disagree; because it wasn't all women.

It was a liberal selection who hate men and therefore, believe all men are guilty, no matter what the facts or truth shows differently.

:;truestory:

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I disagree; because it wasn't all women.

It was a liberal selection who hate men and therefore, believe all men are guilty, no matter what the facts or truth shows differently.
    If Democrats win control of the House it will be because of women voters. The 19th Amendment was a mistake.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The Blaze. *snort*
    Huffington Puffington Post .... *Barf*

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Democrats win control of the House it will be because of women voters. The 19th Amendment was a mistake.
    And IF they don't; because this is assuming that women aren't becoming aware of how a false accusation, from years ago, could be used to ruin their husband, a brother, a son, or anyone else??

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And IF they don't; because this is assuming that women aren't becoming aware of how a false accusation, from years ago, could be used to ruin their husband, a brother, a son, or anyone else??
    Exactly. The MeToo movement should be exposed for the farce that it is.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly. The MeToo movement should be exposed for the farce that it is.
    I'm not saying that it wasn't a good idea, at it's beginning, to help abused women; but leave it to the liberals to beat everyone and anyone over the head with and turning it to something ugly.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not saying that it wasn't a good idea, at it's beginning, to help abused women; but leave it to the liberals to beat everyone and anyone over the head with and turning it to something ugly.
    They think it's a good idea, anything for political gain.

The #MeToo movement reveals feminism’s obsession with victimhood

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/1...th-victimhood/