Thread: Why does it have to be the FBI?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Serve her up. Dems outed her letter to the media. She said she wanted to speak at a hearing...so SPEAK ALREADY! lol
    You didn't answer.

What are you afraid of?

A Supreme Court nominee afraid of the FBI? :0) Ok
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,632 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    They you need to grow up; because you and the DNC are trying to force a false allegation thru, without any evidence.

<see how that works?>
    I'm not a Democrat
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Or, conversely, she might just not want to testify in public.

I still think it's hilarious that you guys think all of this is a negative w/ potential backlash for Dems. I'm not sure if you can see how this looks to a good solid half of the voting public.
    UH - didn't they give her several options, that have nothing to do with her testifying in front of the public??

Or are you just being obtuse, again??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    why do the republicans want to DO SPECIAL THINGS this time around instead of having the professionals investigate the issue
    What issue??

Unless you mean the issue of her having a changing memory and no evidence.

Are you comfortable with her being investigated for lying??

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    You didn't answer.

What are you afraid of?

A Supreme Court nominee afraid of the FBI? :0) Ok
    He's had 6 background checks, not exactly a sign of fear. Let her speak, she's had me waiting for a week, I've got my popcorn.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let's see how it goes. Less then 2 months away now.

Can't wait.
    [translation]
    WHATEVER
    [/translation]

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They haven't played me at all. Both sides do the same thing. I've been on record here saying that Kav will likely be confirmed, and frankly, unless something more compelling comes out on this, I think he should be. If Kav doesn't get confirmed, chances are someone as or more conservative will be ultimately. This isn't really a battle they should waste time on.

Outside of simply letting the process of this accusation play out. I'm not saying that if he's guilty, he should slide through. But there isn't enough there right now, without corroborating witnesses or other evidence, to create more than a he said/she said.
    That must be why you've disagreed so passionately with other JPP liberals, over this.

OH, WAIT - YOU HAVEN'T.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He's had 6 background checks, not exactly a sign of fear. Let her speak, she's had me waiting for a week, I've got my popcorn.
    :0) Just noticing that there aren't women on your side of the world here.

You know they made a movie about that. :0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    So on Monday, Ford's lawyer categorically stated that her client would testify in front of the Judiciary Committee. She did not bring up any conditions whatsoever. In fact, she sounded confident and ready to go.

But, now the story has changed after the Judiciary Committee granter her her wish.

No, now she wants the FBI to investigate. Well, why does it have to be the FBI?

Why can't she just fly back home and file a complaint with the local police department and have them launch an investigation? Why leave her fate up to the FBI? She has other options if she really wants this investigated.
    If Ford wanted a criminal investigation then she should have gone to the proper jurisdiction at local authorities. She came to politicians (ie DiFi) where it's advise and consent.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Simple:

Lying to local law enforcement is not a felony. In fact, the penalties for lying to local PD vary depending on the jurisdiction, are at the local prosecutor's discretion, and could be just a fine.

However, lying to the in a Congressional Hearing is a felony. So it's pretty obvious why liberals don't want Ford talking to the Congressional Hearing; because liberals simply can't stop her from lying in the Congressional Hearing. They all saw what happened to when Ford was offered the ability to testify, and they don't want that to happen.

So there's a lot of bad faith posturing going on, like the DNC.

You obviously know that there's no federal statute when it comes to lying to local law enforcement; a cursory Google search would reveal that.

So that begs the obvious question; why is the DNC acting in bad faith?

The answer is because the DNC simply don't know how to act any other way.
    FTFY

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by No Show Ho View Post
    typical bullshit by you

You throw out some unsubstantiated claim. When you are asked to back it up, you whine and move the goal posts. Why are you defending yourself against accusations I never made?

I asked you to provide proof of Fox and Talk Radio doing the things you claim they did. You simply said "I saw it on Full Frontal"

Maybe you should call for a full FBI investigation before you provide proof of what you say
    Wait until he goes to his back up reply of:

"WHATEVER".

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Ford wanted a criminal investigation then she should have gone to the proper jurisdiction at local authorities. She came to politicians (ie DiFi) where it's advise and consent.
    ANITA HILL

I recognize that truth, logic, and common sense aren't real popular on your side of the world .. but damn .. ANITA HILL disproves everything you've been told.

13. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

:0) Just noticing that there aren't women on your side of the world here.

You know they made a movie about that. :0)
    Actually there are quite a few women here who are also anxious for hear to speak.
    pain in abortion.

14. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Darn; I'm late. I forgot tonight was JPP's "triggered" clinic.

15. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ANITA HILL

I recognize that truth, logic, and common sense aren't real popular on your side of the world .. but damn .. ANITA HILL disproves everything you've been told.
    She and Thomas weren't teenagers when he did what she claimed.
    pain in abortion.