Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does it have to be the FBI?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Why does it have to be the FBI?

So on Monday, Ford's lawyer categorically stated that her client would testify in front of the Judiciary Committee. She did not bring up any conditions whatsoever. In fact, she sounded confident and ready to go.

But, now the story has changed after the Judiciary Committee granter her her wish.

No, now she wants the FBI to investigate. Well, why does it have to be the FBI?

Why can't she just fly back home and file a complaint with the local police department and have them launch an investigation? Why leave her fate up to the FBI? She has other options if she really wants this investigated.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Well uh, the FBI does background checks.
    Be Best

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018), Frank Apisa (09-20-2018), Rune (09-22-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Well uh, the FBI does background checks.
    True dat. But they have already done a background check

But, we are obviously speaking of a crime right? An alleged crime? My point is that if the poor Mrs Ford doesn't feel like she is getting a fair shake from the current administration, wouldn't it be within her power to go to Maryland and file a complaint that then would start an investigation by local police?

I am sure that George Soros would pay for her to fly to Maryland to get this done. Don't you?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    True dat. But they have already done a background check
    Apparently it wasn't very thorough.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018), Fentoine Lum (09-20-2018), Rune (09-22-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

So on Monday, Ford's lawyer categorically stated that her client would testify in front of the Judiciary Committee. She did not bring up any conditions whatsoever. In fact, she sounded confident and ready to go.

But, now the story has changed after the Judiciary Committee granter her her wish.

No, now she wants the FBI to investigate. Well, why does it have to be the FBI?

Why can't she just fly back home and file a complaint with the local police department and have them launch an investigation? Why leave her fate up to the FBI? She has other options if she really wants this investigated.
    Wake up, Don. Stop drinking more Kool-Aid. You've already had enough for a lifetime.

Almost everyone except the cretin right-wingers want the BI re-opened to investigate a new allegation.

It should happen...but probably won't, because Donald Trump pretty much has to give his okay for it to happen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But, we are obviously speaking of a crime right? An alleged crime? My point is that if the poor Mrs Ford doesn't feel like she is getting a fair shake from the current administration, wouldn't it be within her power to go to Maryland and file a complaint that then would start an investigation by local police?
    Sure, she could do that.

But that means we'd have to delay Bretty's confirmation until after that investigation is done and the Senate JC holds hearings on it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am sure that George Soros would pay for her to fly to Maryland to get this done. Don't you?
    Or maybe the people who got rid of Bretty's $200K in credit card debt could foot the bill?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018), Fentoine Lum (09-20-2018)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

14. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2018)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

LV426 (09-20-2018)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    It seems she doesnt want to be smeared by a republican partisan investigation
    she prefer the PROFFESSIONALS do the investigation
    Conservatives don't want an FBI investigation because Conservatives can't stop themselves from lying to the FBI.

See: Flynn, Papadopoulous, Manafort, Gates

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018), Fentoine Lum (09-20-2018), Mason Michaels (09-20-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Wake up, Don. Stop drinking more Kool-Aid. You've already had enough for a lifetime.

Almost everyone except the cretin right-wingers want the BI re-opened to investigate a new allegation.

It should happen...but probably won't, because Donald Trump pretty much has to give his okay for it to happen.

Let's presume that your assumption is correct and that the GOP is blocking the FBI from investigating. That doesn't mean she doesn't have options. Why should she let that thwart her efforts to have it investigated? Surely the FBI isn't the ONLY investigative body to be able to do this work right?

What is stopping her from having the town in which this occurred opening an investigation pronto? Nothing is stopping that right?

I would love to see the local police investigate this and give it its just do. Don't you?

Don't let Trump stop you. She has options. I am sure Soros would pay for a private investigator

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Let's presume that your assumption is correct and that the GOP is blocking the FBI from investigating. That doesn't mean she doesn't have options. Why should she let that thwart her efforts to have it investigated? Surely the FBI isn't the ONLY investigative body to be able to do this work right?

What is stopping her from having the town in which this occurred opening an investigation pronto? Nothing is stopping that right?

I would love to see the local police investigate this and give it its just do. Don't you?

Don't let Trump stop you. She has options. I am sure Soros would pay for a private investigator
    You want her to go to the town...and ask them to open a 40 year old case like this??????

The FBI is the body entrusted with BI's on high appointees.

The investigation should be by the FBI...as part of its BI on Kavanaugh.

AND YOU KNOW IT.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

If I'm not mistaken the statue of limitations would prevent a local jurisdiction from getting involved

Bigger question is why is the GOP in such a hurry? Take the two to three weeks and do it properly, it is a life time appointment, they have all the votes they need, so why not give it the time it deserves? Otherwise, it might appear the only reason might they are in rush is that they are actually afraid the lady is telling the truth and Bret won't be approved

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

The Dems leaked her letter and put her in this spot. She originally said she was fine with testifying.
    All she has to do is show up and say whatever she said when she supposedly passed a polygraph.
    What's her problem? Dems want the delay. I'm sure they have a Plan B.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    The Dems leaked her letter and put her in this spot. She originally said she was fine with testifying.
    All she has to do is show up and say whatever she said when she supposedly passed a polygraph.
    What's her problem? Dems want the delay. I'm sure they have a Plan B.
    Grow up,the Republicans are trying to force this guy thru,without proper vetting
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You want her to go to the town...and ask them to open a 40 year old case like this??????

The FBI is the body entrusted with BI's on high appointees.

The investigation should be by the FBI...as part of its BI on Kavanaugh.

AND YOU KNOW IT.
    You want the FBI to go open up a 40 year old case like this. What is the difference whether the FBI does it or the local police do it?