Thread: When did this new standard occur

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    but it's not. They could have presented this *"story" months ago...they did not and now she won't talk. Her classmate "witness" has withdrawn her statements...which she said she made only because they "empowered" her...kind of the flavor of the whole smear....
    It was in July when the story was first heard and at the time, Mrs. Ford did not want it released, so no, it couldn't have been presented months ago

2. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by No Show Ho View Post
    Lying to police is a crime as well.
    So why not just have the FBI do it? It's the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not the Federal Bureau of I Don't Feel Like Doing This.

Besides, local police are too busy shooting unarmed black people and arresting minorities for pot. Their hands are full.

Quote Originally Posted by No Show Ho View Post
    If you really want this to be investigated, it shouldn't matter to you who investigates
    Actually, it does.

Because lying to the local police isn't a felony, but lying to the FBI is.

The Constitution does not give Congress the power to criminalize lying to law enforcement, just criminalizing lying to federal agents.

So the penalties for lying to local cops vary depending on jurisdiction, but in no event is it a federal felony charge.

That's why the FBI needs to do this.

It's easy to understand why Conservatives don't want the FBI involved; they don't have a good track record when it comes to telling them the truth (Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papadopolous).
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,414 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    It was in July when the story was first heard and at the time, Mrs. Ford did not want it released, so no, it couldn't have been presented months ago
    Then she shouldn't ave given them the info....what did she think they were going to do with it? They did nothing....

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

she has no facts...and is not prepared to discuss it. case closed...
    Her victim accounts is evidence.

You keep moving this bar, but you don't seem to be realizing where you're placing it.

She has called for an FBI investigation so that Conservatives can't risk lying to investigators.

So that's why Conservatives are refusing that request; they know their guy can't get through a questioning without lying to the federal agents.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (09-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

she didn't want to report it as a crime '

that is her fucking right asshole

she does want the American people and congress to know Kav is a fucking shit bird asshole before they vote on him

If she gathered all the witnesses herself you would call it witness tampering dick lick

a third party should gather this information to keep the process clean

some professionals who do it for a living

like the FBI

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Her victim accounts is evidence.

You keep moving this bar, but you don't seem to be realizing where you're placing it.

She has called for an FBI investigation so that Conservatives can't risk lying to investigators.

So that's why Conservatives are refusing that request; they know their guy can't get through a questioning without lying to the federal agents.
    Sorry...she's going to have to testify....if she's not lying, now is the time....

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry...she's going to have to testify....if she's not lying, now is the time....
    I'm sure you believe she's lying, just like every other time in the last eight years we've been presented with a possible sexual assault story for discussion, you have steadfastly blamed the female and exonerated the male. Remember the Brock Turner case? According to Toxic's Rape Rules, it was all that young woman's fault for 1) being there, 2) had some alcohol, 3) was female, and/or 4) she made it up even though the two witnesses who caught Turner SAW him assaulting her behind the dumpster. All your sympathies were with the "poor bright young man whose future is now ruined" because of that whore. I'm sure you believe that Dr. Ford is also a whore.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2018), LV426 (09-20-2018)

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

why no witnesses allowed by Grassley stupid?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-20-2018), LV426 (09-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

15. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Liars don't ask the FBI to investigate their allegations.

16. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How will anyone be able to determine if she's lying or if Bretty's lying based on testimony before the Senate JC without an investigation?

17. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Liars don't ask the FBI to investigate their allegations.
    Sure they do...especially when they know that the FBI can not investigate in the first place.
    All they can do is perform a 7th background check on Kav which is allowed back to age 18.
    Teenage pool parties are investigated by local authorities, not the FBI.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How will anyone be able to determine if she's lying or if Bretty's lying based on testimony before the Senate JC without an investigation?
    There's really NOT a Single thing to investigate....so chances are....
    Hard to believe she presented a story with no facts...but, it's up to her now...everything is open to her...she should participate...
    EDIT for my little TDS sufferer
    ‘ '
    Last edited by TOP; 09-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Sure they do...especially when they know that the FBI can not investigate in the first place.
    The FBI can most definitely investigate this. The only ones preventing that from happening are Trump and the GOP.

It's obvious why Conservatives don't want the FBI to investigate; they simply cannot help themselves from lying to the FBI (Manafort, Gates, Flynn, Papadopolous).

All they can do is perform a 7th background check on Kav which is allowed back to age 18.
    A background check is not an investigation.

It seems that you all are quite fearful of Bretty lying to federal investigators. Probably because you've already seen what lying to the FBI gets you (Gates, Flynn, Papadopolous, Manafort), and you know you guys can't help but lie.

Teenage pool parties are investigated by local authorities, not the FBI.
    No they're not. The FBI can investigate if they are told to do so. The ones telling them not to are all the people who desperately don't want to talk to federal agents. Obviously because you and they know that they'll end up lying to the FBI, just like four of those Trump people have already done and plead guilty to doing.

Finally, lying to local police is not a felony. The penalties to lying to local PD vary depending on the jurisdiction. Having a federal investigation ups the stakes and imposes quite a strict penalty for perjury and lying to federal investigators.

Also, local PD is too busy shooting unarmed black people and arresting minorities for possession of weed. So they're a little busy. Their plates are full.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2018)

21. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There's really thing to investigate
    Seems like there's plenty to investigate: sexual assault and a cover-up.

You're the ones who are arbitrarily saying there's nothing to investigate while simultaneously saying that Ford should testify about the incident.

No one is fooled by your posturing, by the way.

I see right through it.

Hard to believe she presented a story with no facts
    She presented facts. She recounted what happened to her, and who was there while it happened.

Of course, the only way to get to the bottom of it is to do an investigation.

But you all don't want to do that, and it's pretty obvious why.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2018)

23. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

The FBI can most definitely investigate this. The only ones preventing that from happening are Trump and the GOP.

It's obvious why Conservatives don't want the FBI to investigate; they simply cannot help themselves from lying to the FBI (Manafort, Gates, Flynn, Papadopolous).

A background check is not an investigation.

It seems that you all are quite fearful of Bretty lying to federal investigators. Probably because you've already seen what lying to the FBI gets you (Gates, Flynn, Papadopolous, Manafort), and you know you guys can't help but lie.

No they're not. The FBI can investigate if they are told to do so. The ones telling them not to are all the people who desperately don't want to talk to federal agents. Obviously because you and they know that they'll end up lying to the FBI, just like four of those Trump people have already done and plead guilty to doing.

Finally, lying to local police is not a felony. The penalties to lying to local PD vary depending on the jurisdiction. Having a federal investigation ups the stakes and imposes quite a strict penalty for perjury and lying to federal investigators.

Also, local PD is too busy shooting unarmed black people and arresting minorities for possession of weed. So they're a little busy. Their plates are full.
    You have comprehension problem.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.