Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: If Kav was innocent he would want FBI investigation

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

During the "Satanic Panic" of the 80's, the theme was that children never lied and couldn't be misled.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"During the "Satanic Panic" of the 80's, the theme was that children never lied and couldn't be misled." CO #256
    Conspicuous errors in the ideology.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    During the "Satanic Panic" of the 80's, the theme was that children never lied and couldn't be misled.
    similar to women in the #metoo movement.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    similar to women in the #metoo movement.
    I was thinking it's more like the Salem Witch Trials.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Who would that be? Clinton, you weren’t around me when Clinton was running, so you have no idea how I felt. I believed the women then, too, until some of their stories made me suspect. There is one of his accusers I still believe. I didn’t forgive Clinton all his trespasses, he was a cad.

Hebey Kissinger said, “power is an aphrodisiac”. He spoke truth.
    my apologies if you think I was referring to YOU, specifically. I'm simply talking about people as a whole. when the base of a politician/political party ignores or even supports that politician during times of 'scandal', they are implicitly giving approval of that action, thus setting the bar even lower for the next politician. politics will eventually destroy us.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"when the base of a politician/political party ignores or even supports that politician during times of 'scandal', they are implicitly giving approval of that action, thus setting the bar even lower for the next politician. politics will eventually destroy us." SY #260
    a) It's unwise to attribute single-mindedness to a large group. In some cases it may be a plausible presumption. In other cases, not necessarily.

b) One plausible alternate, rather than an endorsement, it may merely be a presumption of innocence. And that can toggle from approval to disapproval once guilt is established.

c) The incremental degradation of standards which you've mentioned here has been a decades long pet peeve of mine. I appreciate your mentioning it. But unfortunately, the trend continues. And Trump may have kicked it into overdrive.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

7. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Who would that be? Clinton, you weren’t around me when Clinton was running, so you have no idea how I felt. I believed the women then, too, until some of their stories made me suspect. There is one of his accusers I still believe. I didn’t forgive Clinton all his trespasses, he was a cad.

Hebey Kissinger said, “power is an aphrodisiac”. He spoke truth.
    It’s funny that you think Clinton’s stories are suspect yet think Ford is unimpeachable.

At least Clinton accusers could tell you where and when