1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Yeah...there really is.

And the re-opened BI IS needed...even if the far right of America is too hypocritical to see it.

Really.
    NO, really...not one reason.... (the Democrats are the ones who screwed this up....)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-20-2018)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I honestly don't believe that. I cannot recall what the driver looked like, but I know the other vehicle was a new Ford pickup in the last accident I was involved in...16 yrs. ago.
    Actually...this is about a party and a particularly memorable event.

I remember a party from high school where I had a bit more to drink than I should have...remember the girl's name (a girl I barely knew) coming on to me big time (not usual during those days)...but I do not remember which party (we had lots)...where it was at...or the year it happened. (I think 1954, but it might have been 1953.)

So stop with the shit.

Dr. Ford remembers being accosted...and knows who accosted her. She remembers someone else who was a witness. That is unforgettable stuff. The fact that she does not remember which party or where it was at is understandable...unless of course, you are a stooge of the right and have been instructed to toe the line.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    cute, you heard the Harvard psychology professors interview on NPR and applied to a real life "me" situation

transparent and, still stupid

She is not going to come and testify because she has told that story and changed the details to make it sound more dramatic so many times she's not even sure what the truth is anymore. She's being asked to go under oath and testify, if I was her I would crawl back in my hole too.

let's think of Judge Kavanaugh for just one second here, and his family and reputation, please.
    You ought to do that anyway...you ugly hag.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    What does this charge true or not have to do with Judge Kavanaugh being a good Justice of the court? I'll tell you in a single word. Nothing.
    Horse shit.

And you know damned well you wouldn't feel that way if this were playing out with a Democratic/liberal nominee.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

but you make my point so eloquently, how can we ruin Judge Kavanaughs life over the distant foggy memory of a liberal nut job

and I'm not "perfect, but I have good skin, fit body, sound mind and think for myself.

Is anyone perfect
    Sure you do.

Your avatar probably does...but my guess is you are a beat up old hag...as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Exactly, and that's my point. I couldn't recall what color that truck was either because as the years pass, memories fade. I'd be willing to bet the "specifics" of the "incident" this woman recalls faded as well.
    Agreed. However, unless we assume she is intentionally lying, it seems clear that at minimum she's sure that she suffered a violent sexual attack by Kavanaugh that haunted her for decades afterwords. The details of that attack are probably highly unreliable, at this point, but it's hard to picture her mistaking the identity of the attacker or the basic fact of it being a violent sexual attack. So, I think there are three realistic options here: (1) she invented this story pretty much entirely, years ago, for unknown reasons, (2) she really did suffer an attack, but not at the hands of Kavanaugh, and only attributed it to him recently for political reasons, (3) Kavanaugh actually attacked her more or less as she indicated.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Horse shit.

And you know damned well you wouldn't feel that way if this were playing out with a Democratic/liberal nominee.
    So when you were a teenager you never tried to cop a feel or get a girl to "go all the way"? If you say no then you are correct that would be Bullshit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Agreed. However, unless we assume she is intentionally lying, it seems clear that at minimum she's sure that she suffered a violent sexual attack by Kavanaugh that haunted her for decades afterwords. The details of that attack are probably highly unreliable, at this point, but it's hard to picture her mistaking the identity of the attacker or the basic fact of it being a violent sexual attack. So, I think there are three realistic options here: (1) she invented this story pretty much entirely, years ago, for unknown reasons, (2) she really did suffer an attack, but not at the hands of Kavanaugh, and only attributed it to him recently for political reasons, (3) Kavanaugh actually attacked her more or less as she indicated.
    A violent sexual attack??????????????? If it was so violent that it effected her so badly why didn't she report it or at least tell her parents when it happened? You have no evidence of any violence that is pure speculation on your part! In your dating you have never had a drunk guy try to cop a feel or try to have sex with you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

cute, you heard the Harvard psychology professors interview on NPR and applied to a real life "me" situation

transparent and, still stupid

She is not going to come and testify because she has told that story and changed the details to make it sound more dramatic so many times she's not even sure what the truth is anymore. She's being asked to go under oath and testify, if I was her I would crawl back in my hole too.

let's think of Judge Kavanaugh for just one second here, and his family and reputation, please.
    I have no idea what interview you're talking about.

Tell me, have you ever been hit by a sudden violent trauma, like a car accident, a sexual assault, a mugging, etc.? If not, lucky you. But if you have, think back. I'm guessing that, like me, you have extremely vivid memories of some aspects of the event, but that there are contextual facts about it that have completely faded from your memory. Here's another example -- I clearly remember the time my parents and I came back to my childhood home to find that it had been burgled. I remember what the room looked like. I remember what was missing. I remember my Dad speaking to the police officers. I couldn't tell you for the life of me what year it was, much less the exact date.

13. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So when you were a teenager you never tried to cop a feel or get a girl to "go all the way"? If you say no then you are correct that would be Bullshit.
    I did.

And if I am nominated for the Supreme Court...that is something that should be considered...

...ESPECIALLY IF I LIE ABOUT IT WHEN CONFRONTED BY IT.

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A violent sexual attack??????????????? You have no evidence of any violence that is pure speculation on your part!
    She alleged a violent sexual attack. Read her account of what happened.

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    NO, really...not one reason.... (the Democrats are the ones who screwed this up....)
    There really is a reason to re-open the background investigation...even though you apparently are never going to acknowledge it.

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A violent sexual attack??????????????? If it was so violent that it effected her so badly why didn't she report it or at least tell her parents when it happened? You have no evidence of any violence that is pure speculation on your part! In your dating you have never had a drunk guy try to cop a feel or try to have sex with you?
    I wonder why the Republican members of the committee who agree with your line of "reasoning" don't simply say, "We do not care if Judge Kavanaugh as a young man tried to cop a feel. It happens. So what. He is qualified to be a Justice...and we do not give a shit about the possible insignificant incident."

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

There really is a reason to re-open the background investigation...even though you apparently are never going to acknowledge it.
    What's the reason...just let her tell the story....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

19. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I did.

And if I am nominated for the Supreme Court...that is something that should be considered...

...ESPECIALLY IF I LIE ABOUT IT WHEN CONFRONTED BY IT.
    Please show me what laws were broken that he had to tell. If I'm not mistaken sainthood is not a requirement to sit on the Supreme Court. And you remember every girl to every felt up or had sex with.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post: