Thread: Here is all of the evidence against Judge Kavanaugh

1. #91 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Granted, this wouldn’t be enough to support criminal charges. But that’s not what we are talking about here. We are talking about the equivalent of a job application. Kavanaugh wants a big promotion. The Senate is considering the evidence for whether he should be given that promotion. If you’ve ever been involved with a hiring process, you know the rules of evidence there are not what they are in criminal cases. If, for example, one of the applicants’ coworkers says he is a nightmare to work with, you don’t require a lot of documentation before you factor that into your decision.

As for your question, no, I wouldn’t remember every detail. I was in a bad car accident once. I can remember certain details with incredible clarity all these years later: who was driving, where I was sitting, how the two cars impacted, what the other driver looked like when he spotted us and slammed on the brakes, etc. They’re etched into my mind with perfect clarity. But if you asked me where we were driving to and from, or what the make and model of the car was, or what the date was, I wouldn’t know. The trauma and adrenaline scored into my brain the immediate observations about the impact itself, but didn’t cause me to remember the wider context.
    I honestly don't believe that. I cannot recall what the driver looked like, but I know the other vehicle was a new Ford pickup in the last accident I was involved in...16 yrs. ago.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (09-20-2018), Truth Detector (09-20-2018)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

As for your question, no, I wouldn’t remember every detail. I was in a bad car accident once. I can remember certain details with incredible clarity all these years later: who was driving, where I was sitting, how the two cars impacted, what the other driver looked like when he spotted us and slammed on the brakes, etc. They’re etched into my mind with perfect clarity. But if you asked me where we were driving to and from, or what the make and model of the car was, or what the date was, I wouldn’t know. The trauma and adrenaline scored into my brain the immediate observations about the impact itself, but didn’t cause me to remember the wider context.
    cute, you heard the Harvard psychology professors interview on NPR and applied to a real life "me" situation

transparent and, still stupid

She is not going to come and testify because she has told that story and changed the details to make it sound more dramatic so many times she's not even sure what the truth is anymore. She's being asked to go under oath and testify, if I was her I would crawl back in my hole too.

let's think of Judge Kavanaugh for just one second here, and his family and reputation, please.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Brett Kavanaugh Once Argued That a Sitting President Should Be Above the Law

In the real world this would have disqualified him. He's clearly only nominated to protect dump. Racist white men have been protected for so long in this country they can do what ever they want.

In racist right wing world........the more disgusting the better.
    No he didn't, liar. Let's see the exact quotes.
    Every life matters

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

7. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Your still living a TV reality. Again, no sane private citizen is going to sit in front of any Congressional Committee on a short notice, hell, Bret had well over a month to prepare with an army of fellow attorneys

There is no reason to be pushing the confirmation, it is going to happen, and the guy is going to be there for the rest of his life, so why not take the two to three weeks to do it right?
    Short notice? 35 years? Feinstein sat on this for two months.
    Every life matters

8. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-20-2018)

9. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    cute, you heard the Harvard psychology professors interview on NPR and applied to a real life "me" situation

transparent and, still stupid

She is not going to come and testify because she has told that story and changed the details to make it sound more dramatic so many times she's not even sure what the truth is anymore. She's being asked to go under oath and testify, if I was her I would crawl back in my hole too.

let's think of Judge Kavanaugh for just one second here, and his family and reputation, please.
    You, of course, have a photographic memory and are never stirred with emotion when trying to recall distant, painful and half-repressed events. Must be something to believe you are perfect, particularly in your case!

10. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I honestly don't believe that. I cannot recall what the driver looked like, but I know the other vehicle was a new Ford pickup in the last accident I was involved in...16 yrs. ago.
    That's the trick of individual memory -- I remember the driver's face but not the model of the vehicle, you're the opposite of that. Both of us have clear memories of some aspects of the event and not others. That's the point. There's nothing suspicious about a woman remembering some aspects of an attack very well while not remembering other context.

To give you another example, ask people of a certain age what they remember about where they were when they heard JFK had been shot, or the Space Shuttle Challenger had blown up, etc., and they may have eidetic memory of some aspects of it -- where they were sitting, who they were talking to, etc. But then ask them the date of each event and they may have no idea.

11. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

What does this charge true or not have to do with Judge Kavanaugh being a good Justice of the court? I'll tell you in a single word. Nothing.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

13. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    What does this charge true or not have to do with Judge Kavanaugh being a good Justice of the court? I'll tell you in a single word. Nothing.
    Come ON! You'll be suggesting Trump adjudge truth before long! Liars are not normally deemed suitable for such posts, even in Trumpland, surely?

14. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    You, of course, have a photographic memory and are never stirred with emotion when trying to recall distant, painful and half-repressed events. Must be something to believe you are perfect, particularly in your case!
    but you make my point so eloquently, how can we ruin Judge Kavanaughs life over the distant foggy memory of a liberal nut job

and I'm not "perfect, but I have good skin, fit body, sound mind and think for myself.

Is anyone perfect
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

16. #100 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

That's the trick of individual memory -- I remember the driver's face but not the model of the vehicle, you're the opposite of that. Both of us have clear memories of some aspects of the event and not others. That's the point. There's nothing suspicious about a woman remembering some aspects of an attack very well while not remembering other context.

To give you another example, ask people of a certain age what they remember about where they were when they heard JFK had been shot, or the Space Shuttle Challenger had blown up, etc., and they may have eidetic memory of some aspects of it -- where they were sitting, who they were talking to, etc. But then ask them the date of each event and they may have no idea.
    Exactly, and that's my point. I couldn't recall what color that truck was either because as the years pass, memories fade. I'd be willing to bet the "specifics" of the "incident" this woman recalls faded as well.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

18. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Granted, this wouldn’t be enough to support criminal charges. But that’s not what we are talking about here. We are talking about the equivalent of a job application. Kavanaugh wants a big promotion. The Senate is considering the evidence for whether he should be given that promotion. If you’ve ever been involved with a hiring process, you know the rules of evidence there are not what they are in criminal cases. If, for example, one of the applicants’ coworkers says he is a nightmare to work with, you don’t require a lot of documentation before you factor that into your decision.

Once again you bombard the forum with a massive pile of bloviated bile. But I cannot say I'm surprised given your propensity to spew bullshit on topics you know so little about.

In addition, being a dishonest hyper partisan liar, you pretend that this is about honest vetting. If it is about honest vetting, why wait until the last minute, of the last hour, of the last day to trump up such a claim?

The notion that this isn't a desperate last ditch partisan effort requires the willing suspension of disbelief and dishonesty.

But let's pretend, for a minute, that you're honest in your bloviating. What is there to investigate.? The accusation dates back 35 years. There is a reason for statutes of limitation. The accuser doesn't remember the date of this presumed attack. The accuser doesn't remember the year this presumed attack occurred. The accuser cannot remember who was at this presumed party where the presumed attack occurred. The accuser can't remember where the presumed attack occurred. The two named by the accuser have no criminal records and have emphatically denied the presumed attack ever occurred or that they ever were at the fantasy party the accuser can't remember occurred.

The notion that anyone in justice would attempt to even begin an investigation based on these claims is not merely laughably stupid, but farcicly inane. STFU, seriously.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    There's no need for a "BI"....there's really no "new info"....
    Yeah...there really is.

And the re-opened BI IS needed...even if the far right of America is too hypocritical to see it.

Really.

20. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is this woman in need of a Top Secret clearance? Is she applying for a government job? I haven't heard that.
    Wake the fuck up, RB...and get back to me.

The BI is for Kavanaugh...a nominee for the Supreme Court.

What the hell does it take to get through to you?

21. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly, and that's my point. I couldn't recall what color that truck was either because as the years pass, memories fade. I'd be willing to bet the "specifics" of the "incident" this woman recalls faded as well.
    Im betting that ANY woman who was actually attacked sexually would never forget the details of such a day.

Yet, this hyper partisan liar can't remember the location, the day, the year or who was at the party. I call bullshit.

Brining such a partisan lie up in the last minute, smearing this judge and using such repugnant tactics tells us what we are up against. The Republican Party and people of this nation need to destroy the Democratic Party of the Jackass and bury it.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

22. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    As with you, Frank lol.
    Thanks, Darth.

The FBI needs something to work with besides Kavanaugh’s people saying he didn’t do it and Ford and her people saying he did. There are zero forensics to work with. So however long the ‘investigation’ delays the vote the results are entirely predictable: the FBI will conclude—well, a conclusion is impossible. The FBI will say ‘we are unable to determine’ whether the incident occurred or not.
    You do not know that.

The investigation may turn up stuff we do not know about.

Assholes who do stuff like this often brag about it.

There may be people who are not coming forward who DO KNOW THAT SOMEONE BRAGGED ABOUT THE INCIDENT.

Let's just find out.

So let’s just skip the pointless delay and have the vote.
    I disagree it is pointless...and I dare to guess that if this were not Kavanaugh, but rather Obama or Hillary Clinton...SO WOULD YOU. So would all the people wanting to rush to judgement now.