Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill TV interview with Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default Hill TV interview with Trump

President Trump in an exclusive interview with Hill.TV said Tuesday he ordered the release of classified documents in the Russia collusion case to show the public the FBI probe started as a “hoax,” and that exposing it could become one of the “crowning achievements” of his presidency.

“What we’ve done is a great service to the country, really,” Trump said in a 45-minute, wide-ranging interview in the Oval Office.

“I hope to be able to call this, along with tax cuts and regulation and all the things I’ve done… in its own way this might be the most important thing because this was corrupt,” he said.

Trump also said he regretted not firing former FBI Director James Comey immediately instead of waiting until May 2017, confirming an account his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, gave Hill.TV earlier in the day that Trump was dismayed in 2016 by the way Comey handled the Hillary Clinton email case and began discussing firing him well before he became president.

“If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries,” Trump said. “I should have fired him right after the convention, say I don’t want that guy. Or at least fired him the first day on the job. ... I would have been better off firing him or putting out a statement that I don’t want him there when I get there.”

Trump has offered different reasons in the past for his firing of the FBI chief, blaming Comey’s handling of the Clinton case but also linking it to Comey’s actions in the Russian investigation.

The president also called into question the FBI’s handling of the Russian investigation, again criticizing it for surveilling his campaign.

He criticizing the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court’s approval of the warrant that authorized surveillance of Carter Page, a low-level Trump campaign aide, toward the end of the 2016 election, suggesting the FBI misled the court.

“They know this is one of the great scandals in the history of our country because basically what they did is, they used Carter Page, who nobody even knew, who I feel very badly for, I think he’s been treated very badly. They used Carter Page as a foil in order to surveil a candidate for the presidency of the United States.”

As for the judges on the secret intelligence court: “It looks to me just based on your reporting, that they have been misled,” the president said, citing a series of columns in The Hill newspaper identifying shortcomings in the FBI investigation. “I mean I don’t think we have to go much further than to say that they’ve been misled.”

“One of the things I’m disappointed in is that the judges in FISA didn’t, don’t seem to have done anything about it. I’m very disappointed in that Now, I may be wrong because, maybe as we sit here and talk, maybe they’re well into it. We just don’t know that because I purposely have not chosen to get involved,” Trump said.

The president spared no words in criticizing Comey, former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, lawyer Lisa Page and other FBI officials who started the probe. He recited specific text messages Page and Strzok traded while having an affair and investigating his campaign, arguing the texts showed they condoned leaks and conducted a bogus probe.

Those texts are to be released as a result of Trump’s announcement on Monday.

“It’s a hoax, beyond a witch hunt,” he said.

Trump cited one text released recently in which Strzok and Page appear to discuss getting McCabe to approve an expansion of the Russia case right after Comey is fired.

“Comey was a bad guy. He gets fired. They only have Andy left because they know they’re doing wrong,” the president said in describing how he felt wronged by the FBI.

He denounced the FBI for leaking to create what he said was a false narrative against him, saying it appeared to be an “insurance policy” to destroy his presidency if he won.

“Number one how illegal is it? And number two, how low is it,” he said.

“What we have now is an insurance policy,” the president said. “But it has been totally discredited, even Democrats agree that it has been discredited. They are not going to admit to it, but it has been totally discredited. I think, frankly, more so by text than by documents.”

Trump said he had not read the documents he ordered declassified but said he expected to show they would prove the FBI case started as a political “hoax.”

“I have had many people ask me to release them. Not that I didn’t like the idea but I wanted to wait, I wanted to see where it was all going,” he said.

In the end, he said, his goal was to let the public decide by seeing the documents that have been kept secret for more than two years. “All I want to do is be transparent,” he said.

Asked what he thought the outcome of his long-running fight with the FBI, the president said: “I hope to be able put this up as one of my crowning achievements that I was able to ... expose something that is truly a cancer in our country.”
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40...ng-achievement

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By John Solomon and Buck Sexton

President Trump hinted in an interview with Hill.TV that he will use his executive powers to do more on immigration before the midterm elections.

"I’ll be doing things over the next two weeks having to do with immigration, which I think you’ll be very impressed at,” the president said during an exclusive 45-minute Oval Office interview on Tuesday with Hill.TV.

He declined to say what the impending action might be. Several senior aides told Hill.TV that they didn't know what the president intends to do.

Trump accused Democrats of opposing his wall on the Mexican border only to spite him given the fact that it was his signature 2016 election promises, and said he needed a filibuster-proof GOP majority in the Senate — or an end to the legislative filibuster.

“We’ve started an 80-mile stretch,” the president said, identifying funds he's moved around.

“The entire Democrat life is to try and make sure we don’t have a wall, not because we don’t need it, because we do. But because that was a promise that I made, and they want to try to make sure I don’t deliver on that promise," he added.

The problem, he said, is that the Senate requires 60 votes to approve legislation without a filibuster and Republicans hold just 51 seats.

“We gotta get to 60,” he said. “So ten Democrats are controlling the Senate. We shouldn’t have the filibuster rule. The first thing that (Senate Minority Leader) Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) would do if he ever took control of the Senate is get rid of the filibuster rule. And for whatever reason, and nobody can explain it, they just won’t do it. Which means we need to get nine more Republicans. So, it’s a very tough thing, even though we need it.”

The GOP’s chances of getting a majority of 60 are very unlikely in this year’s midterms, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has been decidedly cool to Trump’s previous calls for ending the filibuster.

The president said he remains hopeful he can deliver on a border wall and that he found inspiration for the project while speaking at the Sept. 11 memorial in Pennsylvania.

“They built this gorgeous wall where the plane went down in Pennsylvania, Shanksville. And I was there. I made the speech. And it’s sort of beautiful, what they did is incredible,” he said. “They have a series of walls, I’m saying, it’s like perfect. So, so, we are pushing very hard.”

The Flight 93 National Memorial, two miles north of Shanksville in southwestern Pennsylvania, is the site where United Airlines Flight 93 crashed after being hijacked by four al Qaida terrorists during the 9/11 attacks of 2001. Forty passengers and crew died in the crash.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

crazy. looks like the Hill chopped it up into a bunch of clips. Too bad. it looks like an interesting interview
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't bother watching Don lie.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-19-2018), Phantasmal (09-19-2018), Rune (09-19-2018)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

go suck Alex Jones' dick dumbass

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

evince (09-19-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-19-2018), Rune (09-19-2018)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    I don't bother watching Don lie.
    better to read Woodward and watch CNN.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    I can almost imagine he hasn’t done that, either.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

you finally caught a clue

11. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Rune (09-19-2018)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I can almost imagine he hasn’t done that, either.
    ignorance is bliss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-19-2018)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

ignorance is bliss
    I don’t think he’s ignorant.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I don’t think he’s ignorant.
    it's an expression. simply saying "i don't want to hear it -my mind is made up he lies" is willful ignorance.
    It's like these posters that comment "unread" on a thread..what's the point? you want to comment you have nothing to add because you wouldn't look?

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

crazy. looks like the Hill chopped it up into a bunch of clips. Too bad. it looks like an interesting interview
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising
    Only if you are so in love with the lying pervert that you cannot grasp his intent, nor his words. As an example, his words about the wall in Pa. The fool doesn't quite grasp that the wall there is a memorial to the dead, not a wall to keep people out based on his lack of understanding about immigration. But he has to make it about him, not any memory of the dead, and their heroism.

And there was this one:

“If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries,"

The dumb fuck did not have the authority to do so.

Then there was this lie which you will accept without question:

“All I want to do is be transparent,” he said.

Bull shit. Then release your tax records liar.

But you right wingers with you hate for all others while on your knees either sucking Trumps little dick, or with your head up his ass, will just accept without question whatever he tells you. That is the low IQ, lacking in integrity, way, and is why the country is headed for the shitpile you claim other countries are already at.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

evince (09-19-2018), Rune (09-19-2018), Tranquillus in Exile (09-19-2018)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

it's an expression. simply saying "i don't want to hear it -my mind is made up he lies" is willful ignorance.
    It's like these posters that comment "unread" on a thread..what's the point? you want to comment you have nothing to add because you wouldn't look?
    And most of them are right wingers like you. You lack the ability to see his lies, and just write them off as you have done ever since he announced his decision to run based on a lie.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

evince (09-19-2018), Rune (09-19-2018)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

ignorance is bliss
    You must be one happy bastard.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

evince (09-19-2018)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

No and no.
    It is spiritually unhealthy to subject one's self to the Donald's level of dishonesty.

"I will end ISIS IN 30 days".
    "Mexico will pay for the wall".
    "I will be too busy working to play golf"
    "Someone is doing the raping"
    "I will be so good at military your head will spin".

And, same thing with unreads. Not worthy of wasting time. You ignorant, arrogant prick.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

evince (09-19-2018), TTQ64 (09-19-2018)