Thread: Soybeans plunge to near their lowest level in a decade

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    In this instance, I disagree. Russian oligarchs have billions in American real estate/banks. They have to get it out of their country, or they'll probably have it taken away eventually.

Sanctions cause them to lose that avenue.
    Sure, america has no oligarchs. How do you think Don got his?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Sure, america has no oligarchs. How do you think Don got his?
    Nobody's sanctioning trump.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nobody's sanctioning trump.
    Well of course not, we subsidize our oligarchs.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

As long as it's illegal at the Fed level, these businesses have major issues with standard business deductions.
    I believe they are Canadian Companies located in Canada. I think they can legally export their product for 'medical' purposes.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

All that aside, China has targeted soybeans for a reason. Any other crop is just as susceptible to targeting for strategic purposes.
    I am fine with them targeting soybeans. This will be yet another accidentally good for the environment policy of Trump. The law of unintended consequences is very eco friendly with him.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I believe they are Canadian Companies located in Canada. I think they can legally export their product for 'medical' purposes.
    Maybe for testing for seizure drugs, etc., but I believe all MM is grown on site under extreme guidelines. Oils might be a different story, but I'm not sure.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    I am fine with them targeting soybeans. This will be yet another accidentally good for the environment policy of Trump. The law of unintended consequences is very eco friendly with him.
    The point is that any crop that would 'so easily be replaced with another', would similarly be targeted...negating the feasibility of such a move.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Facts? Look at his chart. It bottomed out, and then rose with the temp. GDP hike, as everyone scrambled to buy up soy beans before the tariffs hit. It's trending downward, and will continue to do so. Why did he cite $9.20, when soy is trading at $8.30 today?
    perhaps for the reason I gave when I cited the $9.20.....if you could read you wouldn't need it explained again........$9.20 was the peak of recovery before harvest began.....check back with us in November when the harvests are done......by the way, heavy rains from Florence during the harvest season are bad for any type of bean.......soak a bean in water for a few hours and its done........

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Bigdog (09-19-2018)

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe for testing for seizure drugs, etc., but I believe all MM is grown on site under extreme guidelines. Oils might be a different story, but I'm not sure.
    "The Canadian cannabis producer Tilray became the first marijuana company to go public on the Nasdaq in July. Its initial share price: $17. As of a month ago, its price had about doubled, to around $35. But in recent days, Tilray’s stock has skyrocketed well past $200. The company is now worth more than $20 billion — more than American Airlines, Expedia, and pharmaceutical company Mylan."
    https://www.vox.com/business-and-fin...-short-squeeze

"In August, Molson Coors said it will partner with The Hydropothecary Corp. to develop cannabis-infused beverages for the Canadian market. Later that month beer maker Constellation Brands invested an additional $4 billionin Canadian-cannabis producer Canopy Growth."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/19/as-i...upid-time.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Bigdog (09-19-2018), Fentoine Lum (09-20-2018)

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mexico has not.
    then what was all that news about a couple weeks ago......you know, about the new trade deal with Mexico?.......come on, you remember......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Bigdog (09-19-2018)

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    I know jack-shit
    I know, right?.....

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "The Canadian cannabis producer Tilray became the first marijuana company to go public on the Nasdaq in July. Its initial share price: $17. As of a month ago, its price had about doubled, to around $35. But in recent days, Tilray’s stock has skyrocketed well past $200. The company is now worth more than $20 billion — more than American Airlines, Expedia, and pharmaceutical company Mylan."
    https://www.vox.com/business-and-fin...-short-squeeze

"In August, Molson Coors said it will partner with The Hydropothecary Corp. to develop cannabis-infused beverages for the Canadian market. Later that month beer maker Constellation Brands invested an additional $4 billionin Canadian-cannabis producer Canopy Growth."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/19/as-i...upid-time.html

The big reason its stock price is up so much right now isn’t Canada but, instead, the United States: The US Drug Enforcement Administration just signed off on Tilray’s plan to import marijuana from Canada to the US for medical research.

The company will work with the
    University of California San Diego’s cannabis research center to study whether the drug can be effective in treating essential tremor, a neurological movement disorder.
    You just verified my point. I don't believe it could be sold for sale as MM in the U.S., for the reason I mentioned above. Not sure why the FDA wouldn't just allow American weed for testing?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Jack (09-20-2018)

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

The point is that any crop that would 'so easily be replaced with another', would similarly be targeted...negating the feasibility of such a move.
    So, let the world starve. That will be good for the environment as well. It amazes me sort of but not really that the 1%ers Are Evil crowd suddenly are carrying water for global agribusiness that exploit people all over the planet. ADM is evil. The same 1%er defenders are also carrying water for Monsanto whom they allegedly hate as well as they roll out their new varieties of GMO soybeans because coincidently I am sure, weeds just happen to have developed resistance to round up at precisely the same time as the the patent expired so they are switching to dicamba-resistant soy beans. Dicamba is far worse than round up for the environment as that crap kills just about everything and is far more volatile. Even redneck southern states like Arkansas have moved to start limiting its use during warm weather.

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    So, let the world starve. That will be good for the environment as well. It amazes me sort of but not really that the 1%ers Are Evil crowd suddenly are carrying water for global agribusiness that exploit people all over the planet. ADM is evil. The same 1%er defenders are also carrying water for Monsanto whom they allegedly hate as well as they roll out their new varieties of GMO soybeans because coincidently I am sure, weeds just happen to have developed resistance to round up at precisely the same time as the the patent expired so they are switching to dicamba-resistant soy beans. Dicamba is far worse than round up for the environment as that crap kills just about everything and is far more volatile. Even redneck southern states like Arkansas have moved to start limiting its use during warm weather.
    Interesting discussion. The reason, as you know, that we have the need for BT corn, and other 'frankencrops', is due to monoculture.

Profits first, as with everything in this nation. Ironically, the moron in the White House is accidentally creating a scenario where farmers will be forced to end this ridiculous policy, and rotate crops the way they should have been doing instead of using GMO.

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You just verified my point. I don't believe it could be sold for sale as MM in the U.S., for the reason I mentioned above. Not sure why the FDA wouldn't just allow American weed for testing?
    How much marijuana will be bought for 'testing'? Marijuana stocks are going UP because Canada has just legalized it ... and the US isn't far behind in doing the SAME THING. 30 Staes permit some form of marijuana use. The trend is for legalization. The ONLY question, which State will be last to legalize pot?

(uh, no. This won't be done under AG Jeff Sessions from Alabama)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Althea (09-20-2018)