Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Grassley suggests hearing could be canceled if accuser doesn’t accept invite

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I'm especially looking forward to see if Congressmen Orr is going to lower himself, once again, to use his same old hateful tactic of comparing Mrs. Ford to Linda Blair's head spinning around and spitting up pea soup in the Exorcist movie- like in the way he associated Anita Hill in the Thomas hearings in 1991.

I think, if he tries to use that tactic now in this "ME Too" era, he will be the one who ends up looking like the Linda Blair character.

I expect this will go about like in 1991- Once again- where what is actually on trial is "Women"! Because that is how the last one turned out. It seems the Republicans painted women out to be just whores in general and can't be trusted!

Let me just say this- America's women voters will all be watching the completely male Republican interrogators on the approval panel, and if they even try to character assassinate Mrs. Ford in any way like they did Anita Hill, I believe it will start the biggest Blue Wave ever seen in this country.

So get your popcorn out!
    Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 09-18-2018 at 04:34 PM.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I'm especially looking forward to see if Congressmen Orr is going to lower himself, once again, to use his same old hateful tactic of comparing Mrs. Ford to Linda Blair's head spinning around and spitting up pea soup in the Exorcist movie- like in the way he associated Anita Hill in the Thomas hearings in 1991.

I think, if he tries to use that tactic now in this "ME Too" era, he will be the one who ends up looking like the Linda Blair character.

Let me just say this- America's women voters will all be watching the completely male Republican interrogators on the approval panel, and if they even try to character assassinate Mrs. Ford in any way like they did Anita Hill, I believe it will start the biggest Blue Wave ever seen in this country.

So get your popcorn out!
    Interesting article here. Worth a read:

Anita Hill and her 1991 congressional defenders to Joe Biden: You were part of the problem

"Now, in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual-assault scandal, Biden has faced renewed scrutiny over Hill's treatment during the 1991 hearings. At an event hosted by Glamour magazine on Nov. 13, he said he was "so sorry" for what she went through. A few days later, at our gathering — which was set up for the issue of The Washington Post Magazine, in which we asked a number of political and cultural figures to revisit their roles in seminal Washington moments — Hill said "some part of" Biden's recent remarks was a real apology, "but I still don't think it takes ownership of his role in what happened." (In June, when we began setting up the meeting, we invited Biden, but he declined. On Nov. 20, he declined to comment on Hill's statement. Thomas declined to comment as well.)"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.14ca73652405

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,157 Times in 33,860 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Interesting article here. Worth a read:

Anita Hill and her 1991 congressional defenders to Joe Biden: You were part of the problem

"Now, in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual-assault scandal, Biden has faced renewed scrutiny over Hill's treatment during the 1991 hearings. At an event hosted by Glamour magazine on Nov. 13, he said he was "so sorry" for what she went through. A few days later, at our gathering — which was set up for the issue of The Washington Post Magazine, in which we asked a number of political and cultural figures to revisit their roles in seminal Washington moments — Hill said "some part of" Biden's recent remarks was a real apology, "but I still don't think it takes ownership of his role in what happened." (In June, when we began setting up the meeting, we invited Biden, but he declined. On Nov. 20, he declined to comment on Hill's statement. Thomas declined to comment as well.)"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.14ca73652405
    The good ole boys club is something women have been battling a long time.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The good ole boys club is something women have been battling a long time.
    I agree with this.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I believe that there will be plenty of airplay of the Anita Hill Character Assassinations of 1991 for all to see.

I re-watched some of them last night and that kind of stuff will be hard to watch for most people today- even for most Republican Women!

The Thomas Approval hearings were a sham and a disgrace, and I believe everyone should see the films on it as a prerequisite to Monday's hearings!

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Lot of misandrists around here.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    enate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Tuesday raised the possibility that next week’s high-stakes open hearing to examine the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh could be canceled if the accuser doesn’t accept the committee’s invitation.

Grassley, R-Iowa, scheduled a hearing for Monday for Kavanaugh and accuser Christine Blasey Ford to answer questions from senators about the allegation. But Grassley said during a Tuesday radio interview that his office has reached out several times to Ford and her attorneys to discuss her allegation, but has heard nothing back.

Grassley said on The Hugh Hewitt Show.

Asked whether there would be a hearing if Ford did not agree to appear, Grassley suggested he couldn’t see a reason to hold one.

“What would be the purpose of the hearing if Dr. Ford doesn’t want to respond?” Grassley said.

In the case Ford accepts the invitation, Grassley said he is considering the possibility of having an independent questioner ask all the questions to Ford.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-congress.html
    Time for Ford to pull up her big girl panties and stop being a DNC plant.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Monday is too soon, she likely has all kinds of stuff scheduled. Give her another week, why are they rushing this process?
    And here we have the first JPP liberal excuse.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Ford's had 36 years to prepare charges against Kav. DiFi's had since July. They picked their moment and this is it. So, is you is, or is you ain't coming to the party Ms. Ford?
    Get the show on the road.
    This isn't about a drunken teenage pool party. It's the same obstruct and delay crappola like it was with Thomas.
    Then there's the stupid lawyer Katz. THEY are the accusers...THEY have the responsibility of bringing evidence and corroboration to the table. It's up to YOU Katz...not the FBI. The FBI doesn't investigate kids' parties.
    This is nothing but politics on a one-way street.
    Hasn't she had several months to prepare or did her DNC handlers tell her, not to worry; because it would never get this far??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Stretch (09-18-2018)

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    About the date, of all the arrogance, they choose a date and tell her she must be there... from California on that date or never.
    YEAH, GOD DAMN IT.

Don't they realize how long a covered wagon takes to travel that distance??

It's like they think that there are planes or something.

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Congress was an investigative committee on !Bengazi!
    Trump is the ( non-subject) of a hostile prosecutor. both have potential jeopardy in how they answer.

Ford is only a witness; in fact I would argue any "prepping" would be done for disingenuous testimony.
    You take the stand, you answer honestly and fully & give your testimony for the benefit of the Committee's consideration
    If she's telling the truth, what does she have to worry about??

Unless she's not telling the truth!!

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

nah. the political climate would never allow it.
    she can't be sued for her recollections, unless shown it was done with malign intent -impossible to prove
    Maybe under questioning, she'll inadvertently reveal who in the DNC approached her with this idea.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    I can only pray those GOP sell-outs bring Ford in front of their kangaroo hearing.............would only mean the Senate goes blue, FOR SURE
    saved for the future.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Grassley is a senile old hick who should be selling cars

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

4:52 p.m.: George W. Bush says he stands by Kavanaugh

Former President George W. Bush said he and his wife, former first lady Laura Bush, stand by their support for Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh worked in the Bush White House as a top aide.

"Laura and I have known and respected Brett Kavanaugh for decades, and we stand by our comments the night Judge Kavanaugh was nominated: 'He is a fine husband, father, and friend – and a man of the highest integrity. He will make a superb Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States,'" the Bushes said in a statement provided to CBS News and first reported by Politico.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-lat...-live-updates/

Grassley says the Monday date is still set.

“If she does not come on Monday, we are going to move on and vote on Wednesday,” Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and a member of the committee, told Fox News on Tuesday evening.
    (FOX TV)
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.