Members banned from this thread: SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays and LV426

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Observation: Overpopulation Is The Root Cause Of Most Of Our Problems On Planet Earth

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    The world is not overpopulated.

There is a resource distribution problem.
    Wow...something on which we agree.

THERE IS A RESOURCE DISTRIBUTION PROBLEM.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Heh. Personally, I don't see a parrot disrespectful. Indeed, they are wonderful birds. They are friendly, smart, and colorful. If you want to call me 'parrot', that's fine with me.
    Okay, Parrot…thanks for that.

You can see the fleshing out of this argument in previous posts. I will summarize it here:

People who suggest birth controls to be a clean way of controlling the population that doesn't involve killing are living in a dream world. People have a natural desire to reproduce. It is as natural as breathing and eating. No matter what law you pass or education about birth controls you put out, not matter how you color it to look like the 'right' thing to do, there will be two problems:

1) Those that rebel and want to have kids anyway.
    2) Those who screwed up using the some birth control method and the result was a pregnancy anyway.
    Even if you are correct here…still no killing.

In either case you now have a human life.
    Are you talking about a zygote or fetus?

Either can become a human life. Neither is.

And egg…is not a chicken. If you ordered a chicken dinner and they brought you an omelet, you would not accept it.

It is alive. It is growing. You are now faced with the prospect of what to do in order to terminate this pregnancy by force. This means killing that life, even if the mother wants the child. PoliTalker was making the argument that this would be part of a government law. I was pointing out that supporting such a government does not wash one's hands of what is being done here.
    It is a zygote or fetus. It is no more “alive” than a tumor.

This argument sounds very religiously motivated to me. All of your arguments sound that way. If they are, please let me know they are.

Population controls is about killing for force, all to satisfy a perceived need to 'save the planet' or 'to bring balance'.
    Horse shit. Population control is about population control. No killing needed at all.

It is the very reasoning every destructive dictatorship in the world uses to commit genocide.
    C’mon, Parrot. Let’s be real here.

PoliTalker takes offense at this. He refuses to look at the ramifications of what he is condoning. It makes him uncomfortable to deal with these questions I bring up. Thus, he has decided to 'ban' me. True, he won't let me into any threads he starts from here on, but that still does not stop anyone from starting parallel threads to discuss what he happens to discuss at the moment. He really only locks himself out, since he is no longer able to see and participate in a conversation that he has on his ignore list.
    He has not decided to ban you for any of those reasons. He would debate them and you from here to eternity.

He banned you for the personal stuff.

I am not bothered by that. If you act like an asshole to me…I will call you an asshole. (Probably I’d call you a fucking asshole.)

I am already on this thread. He can't banish me from this thread. There is no need for a parallel thread in this case.
    He CAN ban you from this thread if he wants.

Retro banning is allowed in this forum. All he needs do is notify a moderator to retro ban you...and you will be banned instantly. He is simply putting you on ignore. You are free to contribute…which you are doing.

When it comes to ignore lists, the only people that get on mine are those that are not presenting any argument or counter-argument. There ARE those trolls that simply like to throw insults, redirect a conversation into trivial areas, play spelling and grammar cop, etc., and contribute nothing to a debate. I lose nothing by ignoring them. They are presenting no arguments in the first place. That is the end of that digression.
    Thank you for sharing the reasons for YOUR ban list.

Poli’s reasons are different.

Mine are different from Poli's...and from yours.

I am not making my arguments from a religious standpoint. I am making my arguments from the standpoint of human nature. People want to reproduce. They may justify that for religious reasons, but that doesn't change their desire. There will be the rebellious, and there will be accidents with contraceptives. The only way to deal with that is to kill.
    Ummm…I doubt you truly are not dealing with this from a religious standpoint.

We’ll continue to discuss this, but I am convinced your arguments are PRIMARILY motivated by religious considerations. There is absolutely nothing I see in human nature to sustain your arguments at all.

I strongly advocate for a woman’s right to abort a pregnancy occurring in her own body for whatever reasons she deems appropriate…and that includes a desire to lower the human population. I see nothing wrong with governments attempting to lower rising population…or with attempting to lower it...by influencing less procreation.

ASIDE: For the record, I was raised a Catholic…and am now what would be regarded as an agnostic. My agnosticism is:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
    I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
    I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
    I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

What is your position on the religious continuum?

I strongly suspect it is the PRIMARY motivation for you thesis.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Frank, life beginning at conception is science, not religion. Are u anti science?

That being said, im still pro choice. Let's just not kid ourselves.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello AssHatZombie,

Are you saying people are going to stop dying? Isn't that absurd?
    I've answered your question.

If you don't answer mine I see no reason to continue.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Life does not begin at conception.

That's like saying sperm cells and egg cells are dead.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello AssHatZombie,

I've answered your question.

If you don't answer mine I see no reason to continue.
    The postulation of infinite humanity seems to leave out the fact of death. Hence you are revealed as an idiot. I too rest my case.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The life of an individual begins at conception, but sperm and egg are both alive as well. It's an unending stream of Human life.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello and goodbye AssHatZombie,

The postulation of infinite humanity seems to leave out the fact of death. Hence you are revealed as an idiot. I too rest my case.
    If you are going to stoop to personal attacks, then you forfeit your argument.

Personal attacks are the tool of those who do not feel confident in the merit of their argument.

Your rude judgement of other posters means you are abandoning the issue.

But the real loss is respect.

You've got none for me, and now I've got none for you.

And without basic respect, civil discourse is not possible.

Since I have no interest in insult contests, no future conversations between us shall occur.

Your name has been added to my permanent Ignore List.

Anybody else wanna tell me off? Please feel free to come forward right now.

I am interested in building an effective filter to enhance my experience here.

I only wanna talk to the good people.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Personal attacks are the tool of those who do not feel confident in the merit of their argument.

Since I have no interest in insult contests, no future conversations between us shall occur.

You lost, fool. Or you could take back your infantile mewlings about infinite humanity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Into the Night (09-25-2018)

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Frank, life beginning at conception is science, not religion. Are u anti science?

That being said, im still pro choice. Let's just not kid ourselves.
    Ass...I have never asserted that life does not begin at conception. I have asserted that a zygote is a zygote...and a fetus is a fetus.

They may become human beings at some point...but until they do, they essentially are a pregnancy occurring in a single woman's body. It is my opinion that she should have the right to decide if she wants that pregnancy to continue...or to terminate it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Into the Night (09-25-2018)

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Okay, Parrot…thanks for that.

Even if you are correct here…still no killing.

Are you talking about a zygote or fetus?

Either can become a human life. Neither is.

And egg…is not a chicken. If you ordered a chicken dinner and they brought you an omelet, you would not accept it.

It is a zygote or fetus. It is no more “alive” than a tumor.

This argument sounds very religiously motivated to me. All of your arguments sound that way. If they are, please let me know they are.

Horse shit. Population control is about population control. No killing needed at all.

C’mon, Parrot. Let’s be real here.

He has not decided to ban you for any of those reasons. He would debate them and you from here to eternity.

He banned you for the personal stuff.

I am not bothered by that. If you act like an asshole to me…I will call you an asshole. (Probably I’d call you a fucking asshole.)

He CAN ban you from this thread if he wants.

Retro banning is allowed in this forum. All he needs do is notify a moderator to retro ban you...and you will be banned instantly. He is simply putting you on ignore. You are free to contribute…which you are doing.

Thank you for sharing the reasons for YOUR ban list.

Poli’s reasons are different.

Mine are different from Poli's...and from yours.

Ummm…I doubt you truly are not dealing with this from a religious standpoint.

We’ll continue to discuss this, but I am convinced your arguments are PRIMARILY motivated by religious considerations. There is absolutely nothing I see in human nature to sustain your arguments at all.

I strongly advocate for a woman’s right to abort a pregnancy occurring in her own body for whatever reasons she deems appropriate…and that includes a desire to lower the human population. I see nothing wrong with governments attempting to lower rising population…or with attempting to lower it...by influencing less procreation.

ASIDE: For the record, I was raised a Catholic…and am now what would be regarded as an agnostic. My agnosticism is:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
    I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
    I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
    I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

What is your position on the religious continuum?

I strongly suspect it is the PRIMARY motivation for you thesis.
    An egg is not a chicken. It is a cell from a chicken. It is no different than drinking milk from a cow. A fertilized egg is a chicken. That egg won't wind up in an omelette at a restaurant. I also eat chickens (I used to raise the dumb things). A chicken is not a human life. You are making a falsie equivalence fallacy.

You have not addressed the question of what to do with accidental pregenancies and the rebellious. These are 'illegal' pregnancies. You say there is no killing. Yet there is...just as surely as you are killing a fertilized egg (which is now a life, regardless of how far that life has pregressed).

Did you know that mothers don't even KNOW if they're pregnant until the baby has grown past a certain point?

Destroying that life is killing. There is no other way to put it, no matter how you rationalize it.

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Life DOES begin at conception. It is no longer an egg cell or a sperm cell. It is a living, growing, human life.

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An egg is not a chicken. It is a cell from a chicken. It is no different than drinking milk from a cow. A fertilized egg is a chicken. That egg won't wind up in an omelette at a restaurant. I also eat chickens (I used to raise the dumb things). A chicken is not a human life. You are making a falsie equivalence fallacy.

You have not addressed the question of what to do with accidental pregenancies and the rebellious. These are 'illegal' pregnancies. You say there is no killing. Yet there is...just as surely as you are killing a fertilized egg (which is now a life, regardless of how far that life has pregressed).

Did you know that mothers don't even KNOW if they're pregnant until the baby has grown past a certain point?

Destroying that life is killing. There is no other way to put it, no matter how you rationalize it.
    Thank you for that.

The entirety of your argument still seems to me to be religiously motivated.

I ask again, what is your position on the religious continuum?

What is your religion?

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saw that one coming. Again, PoliTalker is banning someone for disagreeing with him. Again, he is locking himself out, not the one he is 'banning'.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Life DOES begin at conception. It is no longer an egg cell or a sperm cell. It is a living, growing, human life.
    This is not, as you have suggested, an argument from human nature.

IT IS A RELIGIOUS ARGUMENT.

I think that is something that has to be dealt with...or we are just going to be going around in circles.